"Silicon Valley International Auto Show"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
was there today. was mostly the same stuff as last year + a few new additions like the Veyron, GTR, r8, Chrysler concept and the Bumblebee camaro concept.

Best of show for me was probably the r8. The thing's sweet

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
289FIA_Cobra is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drew935
+1....you're still young but I'm sure that you're past the thought that the Accord is a nice car to own and drive. The SJ show is for people that want to look at Toyotas, Lexus, etc. and want to see a few cool cars like an Evo or STI

My friend wanted to go and see the Veyron. I wanted to see the GTR. That was worth the $7
we didn't even enter the aftermarket section as you can see it through the window. lowridas
+2... a 50/50 split between OK and glad I didn't pay full price! I bought an E-ticket and used the British Motors promo code to get half off on all of our tickets; my sisters wanted to go look at cars to buy, as wel as a friend of mine and I'm sorta in the market for a daily driver Hybrid or Diesel (TDI peferrably).

With respect to the non-exotic fare, I was surprised some companies didn't even show. I thought I missed the Porsche booth but there were none. Same with Volvo, Kia and Daewoo. And the cars that did show, was like the bare-minimum models. I wanted to sit in a Hybrid Camry but they didn't have one! Only 2 Mini Coopers??? I think Jaguar had more cars on display than Saab. Pretty pathetic. If you're not into big crowds, perhaps this show is for you. I'm not going anymore. I'll hit the SF show in November.

On the up swing, they did show the Skyline GT-R (Japanese model), and I did take pics on the Exotic side but only of the 2 cars we generally don't get to see at Santana Row (yet): Ferrari 599GTB and the Bug Veyron (sorry, only had my camera-phone with me):

I would say the R8 was good but I've seen enough of it and would rather get some seat time in it now.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
yea i was kinda pissed about the lack of attendance by porsche

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.