Tire install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
For some reason the Costco in Foster City refuses to install on tires greater than 17".

I went to Firestone on El Camino in San Mateo. They had decent prices for the tire I wanted and cheap installation.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Tire Installation

Rich,

What you forget is that Kevin and Dave left Custom Alignment to come work for me when i was the General Manager of Performance Art,and even though i left(long story) they ARE the best guys for the job,had them put tires on my wife's car yesterday in addition to having a hunter 9700 roadforce balancer they also have a Corghi Artiglio wheel mounter which is a twelve thousand dollar piece of equipment.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:09 PM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Go through Tirerack.com and have them delivered directed to Custom Alignment(http://www.customalignment.com/) one of there top installers in the Bay Area.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:13 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
good tip. i'll probably use them for the porsche from now on. for others doing the same search on tirerack.com, enter the zip code 94043 to find them.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
ThatOneGuy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
Five Point Tire in redwood city.
Yep, great service. Ask for Manny.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned
vodkarocket is infamous around these parts
^ +3

Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
i must just have bad luck w/ these Bay Area shops.

Custom Alignment - will *never* go back. they put the suspension on my Supra 4 years ago. the front tires kept rubbing after the install - that's bad enough. i called, asking if they could take a look at their work - "sorry, we're booked for the next 2 weeks." i then decided to check everything out myself. i get in there and *BOTH* of the A-arms have loose bolts!!! (that wasn't the problem, but that's just unacceptable.)

Exact Motorsport - they actually did my BPU on the Supra 8 years ago (when they were still in Sunnyvale.) i was a neophyte back then but he installed the BPU parts and neglected to tell me that i had a bad turbo. of course, i then took it to a variety of shops because it just didn't feel right, and none of them correctly diagnosed the problem either. (if nothing else, that entire experience was the reason i began working on my own car.)

for tires, i go to Robert's Tires & Wheels here in the city - Folsom St between 5th & 6th. i've been dealing w/ them for 10 years.

- chuck

Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 AM
ajayjuneja is infamous around these parts
I had a great experience with Five Point Tires in Redwood City for the Audi recently!

Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 AM
DRIFTTN is infamous around these parts
California Wheels is well known in San Jose. They have a shop off Alum Rock. They do more of the big rim/SUV thing at there Alum Rock Store.

Well they just bought out the shop(T-W Motorsports) I used to work for years ago. It is in Campbell on Winchester,between Campbell ave and Budd. So now there is a California Wheels in Campbell and they service hi-end luxury cars. They are the only ones who will touch my wheels. They just mounted my new 19" and 20" Viper wheels. Not a scratch. They also have a in-ground alignment machine, so they can easliy get lowered cars on the rack. So for anyone local , who doesnt want to drive far, give them a shot. Talk to Tommy, tell him Mike with the Viper sent you.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:38 PM
drew935 is infamous around these parts
I remember T-W motorsports back in the day. I've brought mine in the past to Auto Innovations, which is where I learned the trade of M&B. But when I get the chance, I do them myself at a friend's place on his machines. I still believe that the specialty shops are still better than Wheel Works, etc. which do good for regular or oem wheels but not for my wheels

Old 01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i trust the guys at auto innovations @ milpitas. they've done several tire mounts/balance/alignment with my cargraphic rims on the m5. not a scratch. ask for orlando.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DRIFTTN
California Wheels is well known in San Jose. They have a shop off Alum Rock. They do more of the big rim/SUV thing at there Alum Rock Store.

Well they just bought out the shop(T-W Motorsports) I used to work for years ago. It is in Campbell on Winchester,between Campbell ave and Budd. So now there is a California Wheels in Campbell and they service hi-end luxury cars. They are the only ones who will touch my wheels. They just mounted my new 19" and 20" Viper wheels. Not a scratch. They also have a in-ground alignment machine, so they can easliy get lowered cars on the rack. So for anyone local , who doesnt want to drive far, give them a shot. Talk to Tommy, tell him Mike with the Viper sent you.
That's right. I met the guy at MTK's event. I didn't realize that they install tires as well, I just thought they sold them as a package.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:38 PM
jtkkz is infamous around these parts
Custom Alignment (Mtn. View)
Roger Krause (Castro Valley)

or local America's Tire...

Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i'd not recommend america's tires. they make u wait 2 hrs for tire install and they are just not trust worthy. i once brought a tire to install. they destroyed it during mounting somehow and claimed it was damaged to begin with. not only that, they sold me a new tire at a high price that the first one i bought bc they know i am stuck. talk about rip off.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
sfbimmer is infamous around these parts
I had a very bad experience with Custom Alignment back when I had the Cayenne Turbo and 22" Techarts (Dec '05). I had them do a simple job of replacing two rear tires--

It was evening time when I went to pick up my car, so I didn't have a chance to inspect them until the morning. My discovery was that both wheels that they had worked on had mounting damage.

After speaking with the service writer his first response was "well, they are 22's and those are more difficult to mount... let me ask the tech that worked on it"... then he got back to me saying that that tech was claiming the damage was already there. Even after explaining how that couldn't have been possible since the tires were the orig tire on new wheels, they still wouldn't acknowledge their mistake.

I'm the type of consumer who readily accepts the fact that there are risks involved and things can get inadvertantly damaged... but to not even take the time to say "come on back and we can take a look at it", and to basically say "too bad" is just bad business practices.

I'd say, stay away from Custom Alignment...

Last edited by sfbimmer; 01-29-2008 at 03:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire install