Tire install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
sfbimmer is infamous around these parts
As for recommendations, if it's Porsche related... you can always use Carlsen. I was told that they would replace your wheel if they damage it. They are a bit pricey, but you get the peace of mind.

Had some tires changed on the GT3 and was very satisfied... they even use the "cleaner" looking wheel weights vs. the ugly ones Wheel Works/America Tires use.

Good luck!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:03 PM
jtkkz is infamous around these parts
that is a bummer...

a lot really depends on who actually does the work and not really the actual shop...

I had a friend who use to install tires in costco, when he did mine he was extra carefull, no problems whatsoever, cause I knew him... someone else they probably would just rush installing it and do not really care...

Old 01-31-2008, 03:38 PM
drew935 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sfbimmer
I had a very bad experience with Custom Alignment back when I had the Cayenne Turbo and 22" Techarts (Dec '05). I had them do a simple job of replacing two rear tires--

It was evening time when I went to pick up my car, so I didn't have a chance to inspect them until the morning. My discovery was that both wheels that they had worked on had mounting damage.

After speaking with the service writer his first response was "well, they are 22's and those are more difficult to mount... let me ask the tech that worked on it"... then he got back to me saying that that tech was claiming the damage was already there. Even after explaining how that couldn't have been possible since the tires were the orig tire on new wheels, they still wouldn't acknowledge their mistake.

I'm the type of consumer who readily accepts the fact that there are risks involved and things can get inadvertantly damaged... but to not even take the time to say "come on back and we can take a look at it", and to basically say "too bad" is just bad business practices.

I'd say, stay away from Custom Alignment...

That's weak if the tech cannot mount a 22 w/o scratching them and it's a stock wheel and not take responsibility for scratching them. Anyone who mounts wheels, do know if they scratch them or not. Unless they're blind and ignorant.
I guess anyone can buy a bada$$ car and still be an a$$ of a bad driver

Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Yes I would highly recommend both John (Exact) or Orlando at Auto Innovations.

Both are personal friends of mine and they are bowlers too!

rick

Old 02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Russkiy_M3 is infamous around these parts
Wheel Works in Walnut Creek