Bay Area JDM Tuner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Bay Area JDM Tuner

Looking for a good JMD tuner for my 07 STi. Anyone know of a good one? Thanks!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Old 02-06-2008, 12:07 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by exoticalex
Sick! I actually know quite a bit about Vishnu. Didnt know they were so close. Thanks Alex. Lets get together soon huh?! I dont think this "good" weather is going to last long.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
drew935 is infamous around these parts
yeah Vishnu is good. I've known Shiv for a few years now. Crazy guy to party with.
www.i-club.com

I've worked on about 100+ suby's back in the days. What are you planning to do with it?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by drew935
yeah Vishnu is good. I've known Shiv for a few years now. Crazy guy to party with.
www.i-club.com

I've worked on about 100+ suby's back in the days. What are you planning to do with it?
Actually just threw on an exhaust and it threw the CEL, the cruise control doesnt work anymore, and i think there is a leak. I bought it used, go figure.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
get on i-club to find out how to get the CEL code. I know that you can also go to autozone and they will pull the code. But for the cruise control, do you really use that? For that, there is only two main parts, the switch and the control box with the cable connected to the throttle body, unless drive by wire of course. Leak huh...bubble sound yeah?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
get on i-club to find out how to get the CEL code. I know that you can also go to autozone and they will pull the code. But for the cruise control, do you really use that? For that, there is only two main parts, the switch and the control box with the cable connected to the throttle body, unless drive by wire of course. Leak huh...bubble sound yeah?
Autozone huh? Sounds good. I actually use the cruise quite a bit (lazy). The leak sounds more like a hissing noise. Any idea on how to fix the cruise control? Thanks!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Lazy huh
http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...cruise+control

also click on the scooby link...
are you sure that you are a carnerd...nice list of cars so far...

Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Lazy huh
Ya, i frequently make runs down south (LA about 10 times a year) and Milpitas, Sac, etc... (all about an hour away)

Thanks!

are you sure that you are a carnerd...nice list of cars so far...
Thanks, and i'm positive!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Ask for kevin at auto headquarters in RWC...shop doesnt look like much, but these guys are hardcore and will fly in techs straight out of japan periodically who have been tuning these cars 10x longer than anyone in the US.

http://autoheadquarter.com/contact.html

Used to peruse this forum back when I had my 04 STi...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/foru...er=desc&page=2

Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by eshaun
Ask for kevin at auto headquarters in RWC...shop doesnt look like much, but these guys are hardcore and will fly in techs straight out of japan periodically who have been tuning these cars 10x longer than anyone in the US.

http://autoheadquarter.com/contact.html

Used to peruse this forum back when I had my 04 STi...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/foru...er=desc&page=2
Thanks, i just sent them an email. Guys at Vishnu said they couldnt help...

Old 04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
them in RWC or find someone on http://i-club.com/

Old 05-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the leads guys. I took the car down to AutoHeadQuarter and they quoted me $900 for a new down pipe and $1500 for an ECU tune? Does that sound right?

Here's the problem. I bought a Greddy Ti catback from a friend a while back and apparantly the down pipe that was used was too small (2.5" instead of 3") causing the gasket to blow which caused the leak. Also after the exhaust was put on the CEL light came on and the cruise control stopped working...? Anyone have any other leads on Subaru tuners? At this point, suffice to say, i'm pretty pissed that i'm going to have to throw out more money, let alone $2500 more, to get a $1000 exhaust to work right!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Have you searched online what a dp will cost you? I'm assuming that you went on i-club.com already? Go buy a used 3"dp on there. No need to buy a new one if you can find a used one. That forum is one to get good answers from.