Who is in Fresno CA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:52 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
Any good indy Porsche shops in the central valley?
i get my stuff done at my buddies shop in Bakersfield. The area is pretty scarce for talented indy shops

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I can arrange a private/semi private day at Buttonwillow if you guys are serious and I can have a pro driving coach there as well (VJ Mirzayan) if anyone needs some instruction
a track day would be absolutely great. i can think of a handful of my buddies that would be up for that without even asking them! i would be up for a private event as opposed to a open test, even if a higher cost. and being my first time, instruction would be helpful!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sc170
That sounds awesome!! How many guys do you need for something like this to work?
im sure we could get enough people involved by invitation, that it would make it feasible. thats what we do when we get Famoso rented out, usually 50 people for an all day rental there is right around $150-$200 a person. but i would happily pay that for a private rental.

a couple 996T, a 458 italia, a handful of ///M and AMG cars, and a couple S4's i know for sure would be in on that from Bakersfield. at least!

btw... we should have this thread renamed the "Cen-Cal thread". haha

Last edited by FlyingGuy; 01-16-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you might want to look at this just to get some experience...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...w-raceway.html

Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Anyone have a good/great indy shop in the Fresno area? I really hope the closest one isn't in the Bay Area or Bakersfield???

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Michael's has a new tech now who came from Carlsen Porsche in the bay area...his name is Tu (pronounded like the number 2)...he is very thorough and is the only tech I have ever seen blow the crap out of my radiators...I wouldn't hesitate to take your car there and tell Jerry that you are a 6 speed member and a friend of mine and he will take care of you (also helps if you are a PCA or POC member)...there is an indy in the downtown area but he is known to be slow in turnaround although he has a good rep..I'll see if I can get the shop name for you...otherwise it is off to sharkwerks in Freemont for tuning or to Tony at TCDesign in Millpitas for suspension work

Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Administrator
I have a semi-private day at Buttonwillow on the 13th...I will then find out how much it will cost us to get a semi-private day for a group to run the track...if we go on a tire test day (more cars on the track but still not crowded) I believe it is $200 or $250 for a full day and $125 or $150 for half a day...I'll firm up the number with the track when I'm there and see if I can get some dates

Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Michael's has a new tech now who came from Carlsen Porsche in the bay area...his name is Tu (pronounded like the number 2)...he is very thorough and is the only tech I have ever seen blow the crap out of my radiators...I wouldn't hesitate to take your car there and tell Jerry that you are a 6 speed member and a friend of mine and he will take care of you (also helps if you are a PCA or POC member)...there is an indy in the downtown area but he is known to be slow in turnaround although he has a good rep..I'll see if I can get the shop name for you...otherwise it is off to sharkwerks in Freemont for tuning or to Tony at TCDesign in Millpitas for suspension work
Thanks Chuck. Any/all info appreciated!

I have a semi-private day at Buttonwillow on the 13th...I will then find out how much it will cost us to get a semi-private day for a group to run the track...if we go on a tire test day (more cars on the track but still not crowded) I believe it is $200 or $250 for a full day and $125 or $150 for half a day...I'll firm up the number with the track when I'm there and see if I can get some dates
In for a track day! (depending on the day)

Old 03-05-2012, 11:54 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
I need to pick up a part from Michael's tomorrow. I'll check with Jerry to see what they are capable of.

Ed.. Is there anything specific you want/need to have done?

Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by sc170
I need to pick up a part from Michael's tomorrow. I'll check with Jerry to see what they are capable of.

Ed.. Is there anything specific you want/need to have done?
No, nothing specific. Just need to know where to go if I have issues. Don't want to scramble at the last minute.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Met Tu today... seems like a good guy. If all else fails, you always have the dealer.