Mobile Paint Touch Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Not to worry.

Just call Luis and renew your finish.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 AM
kem
kem is infamous around these parts
Based on this thread I just called Luis to have him fix my back bumper on the RS4 where someone hit me decently hard to crack and chip the paint.

I found his work to be flawless and the price was right too. I would definitely recommend Luis to anyone, superb work.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Luis is the man!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
heh sounds pretty good. can he handle chips that are down to the metal past the primer layer? how about scratches?

thnx

Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I would say yes to all since what I have seen him do is amazing but best to ask him directly.

Luis Lopez

408-230-5440

Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Luis did some work on my p-car today. Excellent job. Very pleased w/ the quality. Luis and his sister run a great company. They're super friendly, fair and very accomodating. Of course they also do amazing work.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
They are great folks and very good friends of mine.

Glad you are pleased as well.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
I recently got a 1-1/2 inch scratch on the hood of my Mercedes (brilliant silver paint). The scratch is down to the metal. I used some Mercedes touchup paint to cover up the scratch and it looks horrible so I called Luis. He quoted me $400 to fix the 1-1/2 inch scratch. I thought it was kind of expensive but maybe I'm out of touch with the going rates. Does $400 sound fair to fix a scratch?

Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 AM
When you see what he does and the fabulous results $400 will be a bargain.

No one has ever told me that Luis is expensive.

He's exceptional.

I speak from personal experience.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 AM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
hmmm i haven't used him yet but i thought he was meant to be cheaper than that. i remember greg saying that Luis did 2 large chips and some scratches for $400. hopefully greg can shed some light on it for us. i wanted to luis soon to clear up some issues on my pcar.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blitzo
hmmm i haven't used him yet but i thought he was meant to be cheaper than that. i remember greg saying that Luis did 2 large chips and some scratches for $400. hopefully greg can shed some light on it for us. i wanted to luis soon to clear up some issues on my pcar.
That's why I asked if $400 sounds right for just one scratch. It seems from Greg's earlier post that Luis worked 'most of the day' on different areas of the car for $400. I actually have some chips on the front spoiler too and Luis quoted me another $300 for those for a total of $700. I was hoping to pay around $200 for the scratch and told Luis I would pay $300 for work done right but he wouldn't come down lower than $400 for just the one scratch.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 AM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
great thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Speaking from experience with Luis, the price will ultimately depend on how much work he has to do to make it perfect. He's a perfectionist, and working on cars like ours, I'm so very glad that he is. If someone asked him to do a quick and dirty touch up job that required so much more effort, I'd bet Luis would politely turn down the job. He's all about spending the time and effort to get it 100% perfect.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
If you are looking for "cheap" you need to find someone else.

Luis is a pro and does pro quality work.

He is very fair in everything he does, he is not rushed, and he makes sure the work is undetectable.

He is the only one I would recommend and he's the only one who I will allow to touch the paint on my Ferrari.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Just because I asked if $400 sounds about right to fix a 1-1/2 inch scratch doesn't mean that I'm looking for a 'cheap' fix. The only reason that I called Luis is because the people here rave about the quality of his work. The only reason that I asked about the $400 cost is because it appeared that Gcalo got a bigger job done for around $400 in his earlier post.

Anyway, I went to Benz Collision Center in Redwood City today to see if they could fix the scratch. They saw the scratch, kept my car for about 5 hours and fixed the scratch for $200. I'm very happy with the results as you cannot tell that the scratch was ever there. I'm also happy that I save $200. I'm sure that Luis would have done a fantastic job as well. I'm just glad that I don't have to look at that ugly scratch anymore.

Last edited by John in Norcal; 04-22-2009 at 06:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mobile Paint Touch Up