Mobile Paint Touch Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blitzo
looks great.

heh can they paint calipers too? the whole process of removing the calipers, draining the fluid, and rebuilding the calipers to put them back on the car.
probably, if you have the calipers out and ready to spray. I've seen their work on wheels as well...they do a great job. I don't think anything custom is out of their area of expertise.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 AM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
was hoping they would know how to remove the caliper lol

Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
maybe not then.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
No need to go through all that work. G2 and Duplicolor is for that job. Do it on the vehicle.

I doubt Luis will go to that extreme but you can ask.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gcalo
I am still waiting for finished photos, Rich.
More work is needed - I have the front and rear bumper on, with the decklid still to go.

It's taking longer than I thought to get it all together - the rear bumperette mounts were a PITA to remove to facilitate the installation of the Euro bumper...

I'll probably finish it this weekend - pictures will come shortly afterwards.

BTW, I've got to pull the rear bumper off again as I forgot to plug in the license plate lights

Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Suer suer.

Just don't forget to send the forty bucks!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I've got the car here at my office today and a number of guys are walking around it saying how nice it looks with the new bumpers.

To be clear, there is more orange peal effect on the newly painted surfaces than the rest of the car - along with a few sags in the clear-coat.

I'm not picking at his work as this happens with other paint shops as well - just providing full disclosure of my experience.

Luis has offered to wet-sand and buff these areas to bring it to the proper surface smoothness and shine.

I can say that he stands firmly behind his work and at this point, I would use Luis and Monica again.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi Rich. Did Luis do a round of wet sand/polish after the spraying was complete (and cured)? He typically does this, so I'm thinking maybe if it was the end of the day, he planned to come back to do this portion (which is better anyway...more time for the paint to cure).

Old 05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
RiA
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
Hi Rich. Did Luis do a round of wet sand/polish after the spraying was complete (and cured)? He typically does this, so I'm thinking maybe if it was the end of the day, he planned to come back to do this portion (which is better anyway...more time for the paint to cure).
He did not - and it was the end of the day.

He did offer to come back after I requested the wet sand/polish.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by RiA
---I can say that he stands firmly behind his work and at this point, I would use Luis and Monica again.
No one better.

For the amount of work he had to do for you it probably should have been a 3 day job.

He is meticulous and maybe the light and time of day worked against him.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:31 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gcalo
No one better.

For the amount of work he had to do for you it probably should have been a 3 day job.

He is meticulous and maybe the light and time of day worked against him.
Sounds like someone has invested in Luis' business or maybe even a silent partner (or should I say Loud parter?).

RiA, you must bring your car on 6/6, want to check her out.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
RiA, wait the minute... you work in San Ramon right? I work in San Ramon too.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
RiA
Originally Posted by MY996TT
RiA, you must bring your car on 6/6, want to check her out.
I'll be there.

Originally Posted by MY996TT
RiA, wait the minute... you work in San Ramon right? I work in San Ramon too.
Nope - I work in good ol' Silly Cone Valley (Santa Clara)

BTW, Luis will be back at my home on 5/22 to sand and polish. This will button everything up nicely and it should look sweet on 6/6

Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 PM
RiA
Oh, I gotta say that the color match looks dead-on!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:56 PM
RiA

If you are in San Ramon you have to stop by here as well. I am before you get to Eugene on same street!

BTW where are the pictures?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mobile Paint Touch Up