Accident,need advises,pics....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 03:48 PM
kaansahbaz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aintME
If they total the car, have you thought about what you would replace it with?
i m thinkin to get 03-04 viper + commuter
or another smg m3 vert and put bride gias
or 06 sti , evo MR cant decide

+ i m only 21
no porsche pls, because i already sold one 2002 996 carrera

Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
sorry to hear.. but.. if its gonna cost $23k+ to repair.. then i would consider it totalled. your 2003 m3 is only worth like $35k. its up to you insurance to make the call.

on a bright side.. if you do get it fixed.. B-line does great work
thats why i took it to B-line

Last edited by kaansahbaz; 06-11-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Did this get resolved?

I think their insurance is jerking you around, and yours will do the same (well, maybe not as bad)

All insurers will claim "we don't cover diminished value"... say, "That isn't the issue, if I have suffered a loss due to diminished value, I will take the person who hit me to court to get it". When someone hits you they ARE liable for ALL damages. What your insurance, or theirs for that matter, tells you is covered is not really your concern.

Here's the deal- conceptually. The other party damaged your car. Say it is $30k in damages- you and he agree. Instead of the other party writing a check, he says "Hey, I have liability insurance, they'll cover my liability".

Of course, insurers want to get involved from the get-go, to minimize costs. Indeed, your insurance will often lowball you- they just like to do that- even if it is going to the other company's liability.

Go to your insurance if it is over their coverage limits. It will not affect your insurance at all- not your fault. I assume you have under and non-insurred driver coverage- if not, well, this IS california!

If you want, document a diminished value claim. Sue them in small claims for that amount.

GL

A

Old 07-02-2008, 01:13 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Concord BMW has a BMW Certified Collision Center. I would take your car there as it will be fixed to BMW specs. Warrantied by BMW. Kevin is the best person to work with as the is the centers manager. Good luck with the fix. Insurance company will have to fix the car to BMW standards not theirs.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
emperor is infamous around these parts
dude that car is totaled. you are better of not driving this car ever again. sorry about your loss. hope you are ok and doing well.