Accident,need advises,pics....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:28 PM
kaansahbaz is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Accident,need advises,pics....

hi all ,

happened a week ago , and car is at b-line right now to be torn down to see the actual damage , insurance estimator estimate 10K from looking , quote doesnt include axles , suspensions , fuel tank etc..

1. I know everything is fixable but is it going to be fixed or totaled
  2. nd question .. diminish value claim in california , hear its not possible but either in CA or somewhere your car losing some value. what do you guys know about CA?

tried to take a pic of under the car

Thanks

Kaan

Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i think it'd be best to have the car totalled instead of fixing it. hard to determine diminish value unless you sell the car right after fixing it.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:24 AM
blue997 is infamous around these parts
Very sorry about the accident. I don't see how that is only $10k in damage. It looks like there is frame damage along with most of the rear body panels, gas tank, etc. Since it looks like you were rear ended, presumably the other guy is 100% at fault. You can either go through your insurance who will then collect from the other guy, or you can try to negotiate directly with the other guys insurance. If you go through your own insurance, then their policies apply. Probably, their choice to total. Will only total if cost to repair is at least 90% of market value of the car. No diminished value. If you negotiate with other guys insurance, then you can try for anything. But of course, they have staff attorneys and won't really be too scared of you unless you have attorney and medical claim.

Disclaimer: I am not in the business and this is just my understanding and experience.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 PM
State Farm (other paties insurance) called me today and said , they might have enough money to repair the damage and pay the expenses!
They said the coverage they driver had is $25000. they estimate my damage little more then $24000+property damage+rental
they said it might be better way to go with my insurance company and after everything geico(my insurance comp) will deal with state farm and take the money IF state farm will have enough money to pay.
in addition to that , state farm also stated that if they had enough money they would total the car. let see what will geico do with it

what u think?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
it doesn't really look totaled to me. although, it sucks for you if they don't total it. how's your neck.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
nicegsxr is infamous around these parts
I would total it if I was you.... what year is the M3?

Old 06-03-2008, 02:19 PM
its 2003 ,

my neck got better, thanks for asking

Old 06-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
its 2003 ,

my neck got better, thanks for asking
Then if the damage is 24k .. thats pretty much totalled .. thats way more than half of bluebook value

After they total it, you might wana buy the car back and part it out for more cash.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by nicegsxr
Then if the damage is 24k .. thats pretty much totalled .. thats way more than half of bluebook value

After they total it, you might wana buy the car back and part it out for more cash.
i think right now i can take the car as is +25k

Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Btw kbb suggested is 41250
45k miles smg navi all the options avalible

Old 06-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Well if you have full coverage on your car then maybe you can claim your own insurance and then have them go after the guy that hit you. I mean if I was you, there is NO way in hell I will take just 25k for the car..... someone needs to pay.. and its NOT you. Sorry for your mishap ! And truth to the matter is.. if they can pay you Blue Book, you better take it and RUN.. I am selling my 05 M3 SMG fully loaded also, and just asking 36k atm.. so if they will give you 40k for it.. take it and RUN really fast!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
aintME is infamous around these parts
IMO, you are better off dealing with your insurance company especially if the other party is at fault. Let them go after the other party. Heck, you pay those premiums for a reason! From the pics it looks like a pretty good hit. I’d try to have the car totaled if I were you. I believe the threshold is ~70% of market value.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by aintME
IMO, you are better off dealing with your insurance company especially if the other party is at fault. Let them go after the other party. Heck, you pay those premiums for a reason! From the pics it looks like a pretty good hit. I’d try to have the car totaled if I were you. I believe the threshold is ~70% of market value.
adjuster said that he was gonna talk to his supervisor to total the cae today , lets see whats gonna happen , i say 90% chance to total

Old 06-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
sorry to hear.. but.. if its gonna cost $23k+ to repair.. then i would consider it totalled. your 2003 m3 is only worth like $35k. its up to you insurance to make the call.

on a bright side.. if you do get it fixed.. B-line does great work

Old 06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
aintME is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kaansahbaz
adjuster said that he was gonna talk to his supervisor to total the cae today , lets see whats gonna happen , i say 90% chance to total
If they total the car, have you thought about what you would replace it with?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Accident,need advises,pics....