wTB - SanFrancisco Lawyer to fight speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
wTB - SanFrancisco Lawyer to fight speeding ticket

Got a speeding ticket on way to Thunderhill.

Wasn't even racing or anything, 95 one exit from Thunderhill exit around 6:30-7am with no traffic.

Heard some lawyers can postponed court dates, show up for you and hope the officer does not show up to get case dismissed.

Anyone have any good lawyers.

If not, I could take traffic school but would love to not use it if I don't have to.

thanks!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fredttx50

Wasn't even racing or anything, 95 one exit from Thunderhill exit around 6:30-7am with no traffic.

Heard some lawyers can postponed court dates, show up for you and hope the officer does not show up to get case dismissed.

If not, I could take traffic school but would love to not use it if I don't have to.

thanks!
Man, we've just got terrible luck with ticket huh Fred...

Contact Garrick Lew http://www.garricklew.com/ (415.575.3588) or garrickl here on 6speed. He's a criminal lawyer and handles a lot of cases like these. I havent used him but last i spoke with him he offered a free consultation. He might be able to to help. Good luck man!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:10 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
that sucks man. i swear the cops are monitoring trackday schedules. couple months ago i got a speeding ticket near infineon. marin courts are quick to send summons/bill that i barely had time to go searching for a lawyer. so i did my own tbd (trial by declaration). first thing i did was call the court the day before my trial day to postpone. they gave me a month. two-weeks into it, i mailed my tbd to the court along with a check for the fine amount. about a month later, i got a notice of dismissal from the court and a refund check.

i went the "reasonable doubt" route as the cop pulled me and another vehicle at the same time. which one did he clocked?

there's some great tbd samples from the link below. i just basically reworded things. showed some pics to prove my point. (yey for google earth!)
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806936

you can get the tbd form here. form tr205.
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi

i may have just gotten lucky and the cop probably didn't respond but it's certainly worth a try if you don't have a lawyer to take care of it for you.

good luck!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !

thanks!
I have had 2 out of 3 speeding tickets dismissed in the bay area (1 in SF and 1 in Oakland - lost the 1 vs Marin CHP) by choosing the trial by written declaration option. It is just as you say - you respond in writing contesting it and hope they do not have the time to show up.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:01 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
goolge sherman ellison. i used him more than i care to remember. $$$

hoping for cop to "no show" is not a valid move. 99% of the time they will show. u have to watch one of these lawyers at work in court. it's not as easy as you ppl think.

and whatever county near TH you got caught is not easy to have tix dismisses like some other county. in LA, you can get just about anything dropped. but near TH....

Old 06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mooty
goolge sherman ellison. i used him more than i care to remember. $$$

hoping for cop to "no show" is not a valid move. 99% of the time they will show. u have to watch one of these lawyers at work in court. it's not as easy as you ppl think.

and whatever county near TH you got caught is not easy to have tix dismisses like some other county. in LA, you can get just about anything dropped. but near TH....

And why exactly is this not a "valid" move? Interesting you say this since I and others I know have used this free tactic (although not guaranteed) successfully in the Bay Area.

99% of the time they show? I seriously doubt that!

TH?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Fred,

did you show your badge from the foundation?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 PM
kaansahbaz is infamous around these parts

thanks!
you dont need a lawyer to pospone the date of your court. you can call a day or 2 days before (but there should be a time limit) and tell them that there is a emergency thing that yo need to do.

just paid my 97mph speeding ticket which was $505.50 today and i ll do the same thing when the court dates come to my home since apperiance was mendatory for me

Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
I-5 up to THill is creeping with CHP. In fact CHP has a base in Willows or Williams. That highway is sooo straight and boring, it's easy to go 95mph.

I paid my ticket and took the traffic school online (2hrs).

Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
CHP office is the same exit as the track. lol. Do the trial by written declaration. It's a small town and look at what your driving. Good luck in court.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Speeding Ticket Lawyer

I got to laugh guys. I've been in law enforcement almost 30 years and I can tell you from experience that we don't browse track schedules, win toasters or microwaves for writing speeding tickets. It's purely a chance thing unless were monitoring an area known to speeders. As for Thunder Hill there are lots of wide open areas for you to floor it and you THINK we might know that?, then again a speeding, lowered, rocket car also is a tip. You don't see many lebarons on the side of the road with lights a flashing behind them. As for us not showing up for court dates, most of us are required by department policy to attend all court hearings, traffic or criminal and it's a lot of times overtime. Sorry guys most of us don't enjoy watching someone get pissed while they sign on the line, but we are required to maintain some sort of order on the highway. Also, to Mr 97 mph ticket try cleaning up the mess a wreck at that speed causes, goo and human parts everywhere, speeds like that are for the race track not highways sharing space with mini vans and SUV's. Another thing guys the $1,800 dollar 10-99 license plate does nothing in most cases, at 97mph my badge won't help either.

Last edited by Steve's 996; 06-15-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:22 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
And why exactly is this not a "valid" move? Interesting you say this since I and others I know have used this free tactic (although not guaranteed) successfully in the Bay Area.

99% of the time they show? I seriously doubt that!

TH?
perhaps i got unlucky. for the x ticket (let's just say the lawyering fee is more than many ppl's annual salary) i got in 3 years, EVERY TRIAL the cops showed.

also it depends on where u got the tix. in LA for example, the dismiss rate is higher. near TH, good luck. it's very difficult to get it dismissed. reduced, maybe. dismissed, i highly doubted it.

Last edited by mooty; 06-15-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by mooty
perhaps i got unlucky. for the 40+ ticket i got in 3 years, EVERY TRIAL the cops showed.
Wow, 40 tickets? How do you still have a DL?

I just realized I misspoke. I meant to say the goal is to get them to not respond in writing vs showing up in court. I was told by others to try this several years ago and, like I said, it has worked 2 out of 3 times. But as someone said, it really depends on the severity and what county the ticket was issued in. SF police did not respond to my written declaration on 4 citations (speeding, careless, seat belt & lane change) so it was thrown out. SF cops have better things to do then spend time filling out more paperwork on me - at least that's the theory! Or the cop was just plain lazy. Who knows? But it worked.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rooks1556
I got to laugh guys. I've been in law enforcement almost 30 years and I can tell you from experience that we don't browse track schedules, win toasters or microwaves for writing speeding tickets. It's purely a chance thing unless were monitoring an area known to speeders. As for Thunder Hill there are lots of wide open areas for you to floor it and you THINK we might know that?, then again a speeding, lowered, rocket car also is a tip. You don't see many lebarons on the side of the road with lights a flashing behind them. As for us not showing up for court dates, most of us are required by department policy to attend all court hearings, traffic or criminal and it's a lot of times overtime. Sorry guys most of us don't enjoy watching someone get pissed while they sign on the line, but we are required to maintain some sort of order on the highway. Also, to Mr 97 mph ticket try cleaning up the mess a wreck at that speed causes, goo and human parts everywhere, speeds like that are for the race track not highways sharing space with mini vans and SUV's. Another thing guys the $1,800 dollar 10-99 license plate does nothing in most cases, at 97mph my badge won't help either.
thank you for speaking from the other side. i used to speed everywhere and i HATE chp. after X tix and having several GT3 impounded at $250/day of impound fee and.... i sat down and thought about all the speeding i have done. now i love CHP. i rarely drive without my cruise control on now. track fee and $20k/year of tire cost is a LOT cheaper than what i paid in lawyer fees. many ppl THINK they know how to beat the tix... when you have as many tix as i do, then we can talk. otherwise, slow down.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by flash68
Wow, 40 tickets? How do you still have a DL?

I just realized I misspoke. I meant to say the goal is to get them to not respond in writing vs showing up in court. I was told by others to try this several years ago and, like I said, it has worked 2 out of 3 times. But as someone said, it really depends on the severity and what county the ticket was issued in. SF police did not respond to my written declaration on 4 citations (speeding, careless, seat belt & lane change) so it was thrown out. SF cops have better things to do then spend time filling out more paperwork on me - at least that's the theory! Or the cop was just plain lazy. Who knows? But it worked.
that was 5 years ago.
no i didn't have a license. it was at first on probation then suspended.
but that didn't stop me from driving, i was stupid i admit.
sure, i got caught again.
impounded car, lock up...

how did i wake up from all this....
my last tix at thunderhill, siren on. i pulled over. window down, officer poked his head in... his eyes popped open, smile..."hi, mr H, we meet again" have you had CHP recognize you by name and sight?

i am not saying you are wrong. running a light in the City, no front plate, seat belt, minor speeding... sometimes they dont bother. but i know fred. from his post, i am sure it was not 10mph over... thus i suggested him to find legal help. i learned the HARD way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wTB - SanFrancisco Lawyer to fight speeding ticket