Anyone tried Auto Luxury Detail?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Streamlined is infamous around these parts
Anyone tried Auto Luxury Detail?

Link to reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-luxury-detail-san-mateo

Looking for a good reputable detailer in or near SF (I do not have a good place for an on site service at all and prefer a shop). Was hoping there might be some new referrals.

TIA

Old 09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Streamlined
Link to reviews:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-luxury-detail-san-mateo

Looking for a good reputable detailer in or near SF (I do not have a good place for an on site service at all and prefer a shop). Was hoping there might be some new referrals.

TIA
Why not doing it yourself? I do it my self; I know the car is in good hands and I won't miss a spot. You buy the equipment and the cost is covered after two uses. Do a search on the board.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
From my own personal experience and from the word of many associates the one to call is Bob Willis of AutoConcierge.

He is the master magician of detailing. Hands down.

925-852-1962

He frequents the site here but he's too damn busy detailing to be very active.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
From my own personal experience and from the word of many associates the one to call is Bob Willis of AutoConcierge.

925-852-1962

The only issue was that the last time I checked he came to work on cars on-site residentially though, and our situation is simply no good for that (garage too narrow to begin with)

Thanks again though

Old 09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Why not doing it yourself? I do it my self; I know the car is in good hands and I won't miss a spot. You buy the equipment and the cost is covered after two uses. Do a search on the board.
I appreciate the sentiment but beyond the basics I'd rather leave the serious machine based detailing to the experts : )

Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Streamlined
The only issue was that the last time I checked he came to work on cars on-site residentially though, and our situation is simply no good for that (garage too narrow to begin with) ---
fully understand but Bob's THE man.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

925-852-1962

+1... +11111111

Old 09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
fully understand but Bob's THE man.
I hear ya, and understood

Still hoping to find some with experience with a detailer with a facility/shop in or close to SF

cheers

Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 AM
v0nster is a jewel in the roughv0nster is a jewel in the roughv0nster is a jewel in the roughv0nster is a jewel in the rough
I've used them before, but I don't think I would recommend them. They also have a window tinting service that i used to get my car's windows done. My car came back with light scratches on the both the left and right back side right next to the boot lid. The scratches were created by the cable from the heat gun. They took care of the issue, sorta, by polishing it out, but i can still see the marks in the sunlight.

I have to admit that I didn't contact him again to get this issue taken care of, so i never gave them a chance to try to resolve this, but i just don't have the time to mess around with this issue.

Starsky (the name of the owner) seems like a pretty honest guy, he was even the one to point out the scratches! But when I said there was no way i brought the car in with those damages, he seemed a little hesitant to admit it was their fault. Only after we realized that the heatgun from the window tinting was the culprit, he was more apologetic. However, the issue wasn't taken care of very well. LIke i said, i can still see the marks clearly in the sun.

Overall, I'd say, good guy, somewhat honest, decent/good job on detailing, but i wouldn't recommend it.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you, very helpful info (and sorry to hear about the scratches, what a pain)

Originally Posted by v0nster
I've used them before, but I don't think I would recommend them. They also have a window tinting service that i used to get my car's windows done. My car came back with light scratches on the both the left and right back side right next to the boot lid. The scratches were created by the cable from the heat gun. They took care of the issue, sorta, by polishing it out, but i can still see the marks in the sunlight.

I have to admit that I didn't contact him again to get this issue taken care of, so i never gave them a chance to try to resolve this, but i just don't have the time to mess around with this issue.

Starsky (the name of the owner) seems like a pretty honest guy, he was even the one to point out the scratches! But when I said there was no way i brought the car in with those damages, he seemed a little hesitant to admit it was their fault. Only after we realized that the heatgun from the window tinting was the culprit, he was more apologetic. However, the issue wasn't taken care of very well. LIke i said, i can still see the marks clearly in the sun.

Overall, I'd say, good guy, somewhat honest, decent/good job on detailing, but i wouldn't recommend it.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
That is why I am saying Bob's THE man.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
for a minor detail - basically a wash, shampoo carpet, wipe down interior, wheels, I recommend Auto Pride in San Carlos or there is a new shop corner of Saratoga and Hillsdale where there used to be a Shell. The 2nd shop has coupons inside that has good deals.

if you need swirl removal, real wax etc, i'd contact bob. i have yet to see any trustworthy shop. technique, product and experience are the key. places like this detail shop are good if you are selling the car or for cleaning up a beater. not for a nice porsche IMO....

ask bob about your concern. i think he may be able to do it in a parking lot too.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by djantlive
---detail shops are good if you are selling the car or for cleaning up a beater. not for a nice porsche IMO....---
My sentiments exactly.

Bob is #1 and I don't care what anyone says, he's all right!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 PM
syosh is infamous around these parts
I've seen Bob at Premier's shop in Fremont. He might be able to detail your car there.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:03 PM
will175 is infamous around these parts
I have a very good friend that does very good detailing and paint correction in the bay area. I am in no way trying to take away from Bob. But if you need another option I know my friend will be glad to help you. Very straight forward and honest type of guy. If you need any info you are more then welcome to email me at keolanuicosta@yahoo.com Have a good one.
Will

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Auto Luxury Detail?