SF Wek Fest - 2/8/09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:01 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Was the show outside on the street or was it inside the parking lot? From the sound of rain, it was outside. Too bad you didn't take any pictures.
It was in the underground parking garage.

The rain really started ripping around closing time (6pm). I got there hella late (long story). They only charged $5 per person since there was only about an hour left when I got there. It was a long trek back to our parking spots given the crazy rain.

The show was okay. Pretty much as expected. Didn't take many pix as it's pretty much what you see in milpitas @ quickly (japanese cars), san jose (ricers) and the few higher end cars there are your regular Santana Row types (porsche, bmw, gtr)

Thanks to Hank for the parking spot offer. I saw your PM on my blackberry but figured since I was coming so late I wouldn't bother you for parking. Much appreciated anyway though!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
It was in the underground parking garage.

The rain really started ripping around closing time (6pm). I got there hella late (long story). They only charged $5 per person since there was only about an hour left when I got there. It was a long trek back to our parking spots given the crazy rain.

The show was okay. Pretty much as expected. Didn't take many pix as it's pretty much what you see in milpitas @ quickly (japanese cars), san jose (ricers) and the few higher end cars there are your regular Santana Row types (porsche, bmw, gtr)

Thanks to Hank for the parking spot offer. I saw your PM on my blackberry but figured since I was coming so late I wouldn't bother you for parking. Much appreciated anyway though!
+1 with Hank for the parking space offer. If it's in the parking lot like last year, why does the rain affect the show?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
I guess it just affected people trying to join late (as I did). Searching for parking in the rain and knowing that you'll have to run through it to get to the event can crush one's motivation haha. Also there was a good amount of 'overflowing' of people into the mall and other surrounding shops in the street. They technically didn't have to go outside to access the japantown mall, but i dunno.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM
HankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura about
Was the show outside on the street or was it inside the parking lot? From the sound of rain, it was outside. Too bad you didn't take any pictures.
Show was inside of the parking lot,I got so wet on the way walk home....

Here are some pics from the show, still missing a lot. The most interesting part for me is on Photo#5 M/Black mini which all done by Vinyl. There is a shop call VINYL STYLE near by Redwood city. You can choose whatever colors you want in their vinyl color book. They do full car vinyl for $3000+/-. Looks pretty good on that Mini. Very interesting^^

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 02-09-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
sleekmotoring is infamous around these parts
Nice pics. Post some more.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:45 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for posting the pictures Hank. Were there more cars this year than last?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
HankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for posting the pictures Hank. Were there more cars this year than last?
Yes. there were more cars more people and more models than last year. But Im stll a little bit confused why models jumping around on the show car.....is it some kind of acrobatics

Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by HankLiu's 986S
Yes. there were more cars more people and more models than last year. But Im stll a little bit confused why models jumping around on the show car.....is it some kind of acrobatics
To get attention. Standing in one place is not enough anymore.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
To get attention. Standing in one place is not enough anymore.
That is one thing I have never understood (and maybe its because I am female). If the car is a work of art in itself, why put a chick on it? Besides those heels could scratch the paint or she could dent the hood.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Please remove the chick off that GT-R - what nerves!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:22 AM
link to jsjbrothers.com's albums from the event:
http://jsjbrothers.com/gallery/album197

Old 02-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Goldwings
That is one thing I have never understood (and maybe its because I am female). If the car is a work of art in itself, why put a chick on it? Besides those heels could scratch the paint or she could dent the hood.
We were hoping you have an answer since you're a girl.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by sleekmotoring
Nice pics. Post some more.
Sam!!!
So glad to see you here!I miss you a lot
Always want to say thank you for installed Coil-over Suspension. Everything's Perfect and Perfect!
Thank you so....much Sam!Happy new years

SleekMotoring Rocks!!!!

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 02-10-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
link to jsjbrothers.com's albums from the event:
http://jsjbrothers.com/gallery/album197
Wow~Great Photo Gallery!! A lots of photos.
Thanks a lot Jon!!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 AM
We were hoping you have an answer since you're a girl.
Very interesting to heard from girl's point of view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SF Wek Fest - 2/8/09