Time to get Smog Check, where?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I just got my done a few weeks ago... can't believe it has been 2 years already. I brought my car to the same local tech that does all my other cars. I don't even think that he looked at my exhaust and intake. I got the tip from Rich (RIA); you need to build a good relationship with your smog tech.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VID997
M: drop your stock system and car off at Mark's and he'll take care of it in few hours, then return your car back to you with your Speedtech installed and certificate in hand.
Called him yesterday and left vml. Still need to pick up exhaust and seats at TC Design as well! Hoping Mark can get by with a sniff only.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Hi guys- brought the car in with my new Speedtech 3.0 with cats and knew it would pass sniff with flying colors but the tech looked for the stamp in the cats and failed me.

Looking for advice on where to go. Please PM me if you have an idea.

Sharkster- emled you on Weds from my Yahoo account.

Thanks much, unfortunately I only have until end of July-
Just sent you a PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the PMs guys. Traveling most of next week but may have a chance to smog on Friday. Keep you posted.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 AM
Finally got it smogged- passed sniff/visual but failed for readiness indicators. Figured those out and got a new flash and passed everything yesterday!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=281597

Old 07-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Finally got it smogged- passed sniff/visual but failed for readiness indicators. Figured those out and got a new flash and passed everything yesterday!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=281597
Good news!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
I think if you build a good relationship with your a local mechanic/smog guy you will be fine every time as far as visual inspect goes. I took my Porsche to the gas station down the street from my house for the smog because I know the guy who runs the shop and he has done some work on my old mitsubishi and smogged it too and it doesn't have a factory exhaust either so I didn't worry about him failing me for having an aftermarket exhaust. My car passed with flying colors with the Europipe.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Guys, if you know a mod friendly smog shop in the Bay Area, please PM me with the details. Need to get smog done this week (hopefully today, Monday). I live in Menlo Park and work in Sunnyvale so any shop near those cities would be ideal. TIA!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 AM
I didn't find a smog friendly so ended up making mine work. Have you checked your "readiness" lights yet? You will need to get an OBD2 reader to confirm this- if this is good then it's mostly about the performance of the exhaust plus some visual.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John in Norcal
Guys, if you know a mod friendly smog shop in the Bay Area, please PM me with the details. Need to get smog done this week (hopefully today, Monday). I live in Menlo Park and work in Sunnyvale so any shop near those cities would be ideal. TIA!
I don't know if the place I go to is mod friendly or just don't care or notice. They've done plenty of work on my Mitsubishi so they obviously know I'm not a compliance officer ready to write them up. They didn't even blink when smogging my 996tt. Regardless I'll PM you the shop but it would be a bit out of your way (south San Jose). I should note that my cars passes the emissions tests with flying colors, it only should fail due to visual inspection. Is this your issue or are you running a catless exhaust or a tune that shuts off readiness sensors? If that is the case it will be tough to pass any smog inspection without putting the car back to a condition where it will at least pass the emissions portion.

Last edited by Nor Cal Turbo; 04-22-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: update message