SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Red face SharkWerks to close its doors at 4444 Technology Drive....

There is Junior signing off

We've had a great run and 5 good years at our 4444 Technology Drive spot but other than the address we've always hankered for more space/room and overall better layout. As Chief Brodie said, "We're gonna need a bigger boat". It's taken some time but we're finally preparing to move into our new space. To avoid downtime/inconvenience there will be some overlap between us having both locations open/functional but suffice it to say that we're staying put in NorCal (and Fremont). Hence we're either going to be equally as close as we were before or as far away as we were with the old shop. In fact, the new spot is about 1/4 of a mile away from us but it's going to allow us some much needed breathing room. As far as expanding we're not envisioning anything of the sort. Got no plans for world domination and we intend to keep things as personal and hands-on as it is now. SharkWerks will still still be the same old James, Dan, Joan and myself along with occasional guest appearances from Jurgen the German.

A few pictures of the place coming together...

From the front entrance/corner you can see we'll still have lot's of green and trees. Gotta keep greenies happy. There's a 12 foot wide sign that's being made by our friends at Premier (thanks fellas) which will likely go up next week sometime. That way you'll easily spot us.

A few more parking spots up front:

And over to the inside. Here's the shop area otherwise known as James' playground:

James' other playground is the nicely-sized (500sq feet) dedicated engine room where all the 3.9L and some crazy Twin Turbo motors will get built.

Small Power Tools/Fabrication room adjacent to the shop area:

Just finished painting:

The opening you see here leads into:

a nice bonus fabrication room for James to play with his mill, welders, lathes and other Lego...

WC (water closet not World Challenge!) for the shop...

Kitchen/meeting area and the customer WC (La Toilette):

Other side of the kitchen area. Probably a meeting room or something.

Customer front/lounge etc....

Other side of reception area... offices being built.

Another office probably where will put all the media/gear for making those utterly confusing videos:

Peep hole into James' engine fishbowl.

Side with parking:

Side and back with more spots for parking:

The back has a lot of parking too...

Anyways, it's business as usual around here and please bear with us during the move. We just let go the last 3.9L that we'll ever build at the old location to Canada yesterday. We've got a few small projects to work on and wrap up (including our 996 GT3 which we'd rather not "push" over to the new spot). I just wanted to say a VERY warm and heartfelt thanks to you chaps and ladies for being so supportive of us over the last 5 years. So thanks for flying with us and your enthusiasm, passion and general love of all things Porsche keeps us lot here married to the cars day in day out. I'll keep you guys posted as and when things get going but for now back to work

Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Here is James & Junior (me) installing the sign itself:

What you don't see is James rollocking me for dropping the hardware...

Of course he got the nice ladder and I didn't. It was quite wobbly at 20 feet...

James doing the all important fin...

And all done:

Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
When are you officially open at the new location?

Congrats to you all and best wishes for continued success!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Can't wait to see the new place!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
sdaley is infamous around these parts
Alex;

Looks like a great facility, can't wait to get down there and continue my support

Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by sdaley
Alex;

Looks like a great facility, can't wait to get down there and continue my support
Thanks Scott and we'll be here Exhaust is next

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Can't wait to see the new place!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by RiA
When are you officially open at the new location?

Congrats to you all and best wishes for continued success!
Hmm should be a couple of weeks I think Again thank you pal!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:29 PM
crhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura about
hey congrats you guys...looks like its going to be a nice place. well deserved!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by crhait
hey congrats you guys...looks like its going to be a nice place. well deserved!
Thank you sir! Haven't seen you in a while How's the car doing>

Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
crhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thank you sir! Haven't seen you in a while How's the car doing>
Going well...busy with work, etc. the automotive seasons has begun! Lots of shows, activities, and all starting.

I'll be down in the Fremont area in the next short while, I'll make sure to stop by and check out the new shop. Whats the address?

Ron.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned
Mogulaire is infamous around these parts
Can't wait to see new shop. You guys have a little elbow room now!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by crhait
Going well...busy with work, etc. the automotive seasons has begun! Lots of shows, activities, and all starting.

I'll be down in the Fremont area in the next short while, I'll make sure to stop by and check out the new shop. Whats the address?

Ron.
Hey Ron the new place is it 4526 Enterprise Street..> Really close by and here's a map:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/aboutus.php#map

Originally Posted by Mogulaire
Can't wait to see new shop. You guys have a little elbow room now!
Thank you pal!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Still finishing up this move but busy in the mean-time... This local 2010 Grey/Red (as it was originally) themed 997.2RS came into us for a host of goodies including the SharkWerks Exhaust coupled with our larger diameter ceramic coated tips. We also tuned her with the EVOMSit software mapping. The red was replaced with silver and black giving her quite a different look indeed!

Arriving and in-line..

On the lift she goes...

Bumper cover off and on goes the SharkWerks Exhaust:

Meanwhile the Bosch Motronic ECU on the flash-bench...

A close-up of the larger diameter 88mm SharkWerks Tips:

There she is decked out in her silver motif...

But she can also wear black...

Ready to go home!

Meanwhile... another 2010 997GT3 project (with the EVOMSit, out tips, our exhaust and a few other goodies) was updated with satin-black powdercoated wheels.

Yum!

A few other goodies:

There was also a brand new 2011 997TT S that came in to get "started". The entire car was wrapped by Premier in their new Satin guard style.

The first modification is a set of factory Porsche 997GT2 sideskirts:

Moving along is this project 997GT2 with a refresh of sorts. A 997GT2 motor out isn't something we see too often. There are a lot of trick differences vs the regular TT motor (intake manifold etc..) so here you go

Old 08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Just saw this post congrats to you & Jame. Wow! Look very nice & big, I need to drop by & check out your new shop.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by ty328
Just saw this post congrats to you & Jame. Wow! Look very nice & big, I need to drop by & check out your new shop.
For sure pal... you're one of our originals:P Come by!