Car got egged, need paint shop recommendation/advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
ekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of light
Car got egged, need paint shop recommendation/advice

Last night someone pulled the cover back on my car and egged it with about a dozen eggs. Most hit the windshield but the 4 or so that hit the hood and drivers side front, left circular areas of paint chips and indents. The one right in the middle of the hood is the worst. Even my wife can see it.

So the question is what is the best approach to fix this? Would someone like L&M mobile that I've read about here be able to do this? Shops I see mentioned are BodyStyle in San Jose and Works Autobody in Santa Clara.

Any input is appreciated.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:54 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
SO the paint actually chipped off from the eggs? That must have been a hard egg...

Old 06-22-2010, 04:57 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that's horrible. The world is a great place, isn't it. Hope you get it fixed painlessly.

J

Old 06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
ekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of lightekupa is a glorious beacon of light
For the one on the hood it looks like the fine person who did it stood over the front of the car and slammed it into the hood. I will take a picture tonight and post it. The paint is definitely chipped off.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear that, hate it when someone does something like that.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Boostin is infamous around these parts
Have heard good things about Mathews-Carlsen (sp) in Palo Alto. A friend of mine just had some work on his S5 done there but I haven't checked it out since he got it back. I will take a look tomorrow if I can and let you know how their work looks. BTW, they are the recommended shop by Carlsen Audi, not that that really means a whole lot but thought I would throw it out there. I need to get a few minor things done and was thinking of giving them a try.

Where ever you end up going, please report back with your thoughts of their work if you don't mind.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:03 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I definitely recommend L&M. The service and quality is way above other body shops in the bay area. When repainting, color match is the most important thing. Luis will get it right, even without blending the color into other panels. Most body shops won't be able to since doing a perfect color match takes skills and lots of time (5-8 hrs just spraying the color coat alone). Most body shops finish the painting step in a couple of hours. You wouldn't want to see mismatch color for sure. The other reason to use L&M is price. It's much more reasonable than a body shop.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Here is what the areas look like that got hit. The first one is the hood and the second is the one on the side of the car.

Attached Images   
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Damn, an egg made the paint flake like that? Has your car ever been repainted? GL either way, seems like there have been some great references.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:41 PM
The hood had been replaced on the car before I bought it. It's possible the difference in effect from the egg might be the difference between factory paint and whoever painted the hood when it was replaced.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:30 PM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
You don't happen to live in the Palo Alto/Los Altos area do you? My M3 got egged on around that same period, and I got a couple of minor chips too.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:06 AM
mrwonder is infamous around these parts
Try Kirk

Mine look similar to what you have on the side (right picture), though not as big. I found Kirk at the M3 forum, he fixed mine yesterday and I am very happy with the result:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...36#post7637836

However, dark colors are tougher to blend so YMMV.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
I would be very pissed off at whoever did this.

Hope you can get it fixed.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
My CTT get egged on 7/7. My detailer did everything he could, once it splits the paint like that it's a repaint.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:13 AM
felipealarcon is infamous around these parts
brooks motor cars is your best bet. http://www.brooksmotorcars.com

they work on audi porsche aston martin mercedes benz. and certified for all those companies. their work is also top notch =]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car got egged, need paint shop recommendation/advice