Laguna Seca events: Porsche Rennsport Reunion; Le Mans; Grand-Am; Who is going??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
Green vs. Blue - is blue not good? thats what I have as well (damn! ha ha)

Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Boostin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jimxyz
Green vs. Blue - is blue not good? thats what I have as well (damn! ha ha)
Well that's where I'll be! Green was the first corral and once that was filled up they created blue. Don't recall exactly where each is but I think I remember reading that blue was on dirt (maybe by turn 5?).

Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
I think it is turn 5 - oh well, better than up in the dirt hills.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Parking areas

Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
See u guys bright and shine (actually still dark) tomorrow. Hope you'll have fun today Eugene.
E

Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Yes see you guys tomorrow and FYI for our address:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/aboutus.php#map

Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
TurboLove is infamous around these parts
Tix and a Friday update??

Okay. Total bonehead question- since the track doesn't offer tix anymore, does anyone know if Saturday is sold out? I just want to be able to walk around and take a look at all the beautiful machinery. Looking for 2 GA tix. I saw that you can potentially purchase tix at the Seaside Shell station?? Any 411 would be appreciated. Really looking forward to this event! Anyone attend today?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Here's a quick update on my Friday at Rennsport Reunion:

I arrived at about 1:30pm and was only able to stay for a couple of hours. As you can see from the pictures below, this is clearly a Porsche Lover's Paradise. I spent as much time walking around the corral (green) as I did in the paddock and around the track. The corral was organized by models, which made it great for car watching.

I've been to previous Laguna Seca track events on Fridays (e.g. ALMS), and I can definitely say that there were a lot more people on this Friday for the Rennsport Reunion compared with the other events I have attended. I suspect that this Saturday and Sunday will be quite packed. It was also a pretty hot day -- bring plenty of water (or money to buy water). As a tip, the PCA "Cayman Island" was providing free water bottles -- at least on Friday.

There were plenty of vendors, car displays, and racers in the paddock to see.

I hope these pictures wet your appetite -- I'm looking forward to going back on Saturday.

My car parked in the green corral:

Look how many cars there are in the corral! Keep in mind that this is only part of one of the corrals:

I just had to get a pictures of this car with Massachusetts plates. Road trip!

Caymans getting ready for the track:

Museum pieces:

I'll bet this is where the 991s are:

Yup -- found them!

Last edited by Aerodude; 10-14-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TurboLove
Okay. Total bonehead question- since the track doesn't offer tix anymore, does anyone know if Saturday is sold out? I just want to be able to walk around and take a look at all the beautiful machinery. Looking for 2 GA tix. I saw that you can potentially purchase tix at the Seaside Shell station?? Any 411 would be appreciated. Really looking forward to this event! Anyone attend today?
I believe you can also get tickets at the Laguna Seca gate as well. I have not heard that it's been sold out.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:35 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Wow Eugene, that's a LOT of Porsches. Hope to see you tomorrow. Are you staying down there or went back home?

Old 10-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Oh Geez! getting packed tonight and heading down tomorrow. Awesome pics! Thanks for the update.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Wow Eugene, that's a LOT of Porsches. Hope to see you tomorrow. Are you staying down there or went back home?
Came back home. I'm planning to go on Saturday too. The real question is whether I can convince my son (and me) that we really do want to get up early enough to meet up at Sharkwerks!

Old 10-14-2011, 10:16 PM
hywy one is infamous around these parts
Rennsport Reunion

Got back from Friday's Reunion, loved it! So many P-cars and P-people, one day is not enough. Don't pass this up, if you can get to it. Wish it was at Laguna Seca every year!

Parked in the Blue, it's okay in spite of the dirt, watered down, did not get my TT dirty. Weather was perfect!

Old 10-14-2011, 10:31 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Came back home. I'm planning to go on Saturday too. The real question is whether I can convince my son (and me) that we really do want to get up early enough to meet up at Sharkwerks!
See you in the morning at Sharwerks. Roll down with the with a great crew of Pcars is the best. Just remember sleep is for the dead. lol. Hope you meet ya in the morning.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Ok Sunday Beers at lunch! Who's in!?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca events: Porsche Rennsport Reunion; Le Mans; Grand-Am; Who is going??