Bay area visit " Month Long "

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:01 AM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Bay area visit " Month Long "

Just found out from work I will be on a project in the Bay area for a month starting a week from Monday. I dont have details yet as to exact area but trying to make the best of my time down there.

I will be flying home every other weekend but if there is something fun going on I could stay.

So is it worth it to drive my Turbo down or pay to have it shipped ? Its only for a month but still I think it would be cool to meet up with some fellow Porsche people...

Thanks for any input or information...

Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 PM
domesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to behold
There's tons of stuff to do out here. You should enjoy your time (when you're not working). We have a weekly cars and coffee gathering in Santana Row similar to your guys version of E.R.T.C. (but just not as big).

Since you'll have your turbo out here I'm sure you'll easily get into a lot of fun. N.Cal has some of the best driving roads. One of our members on here Djantlive sets up a run every once in a while and to be honset I've lived in the bay practically my whole life and didn't even know about the great roads we had here until I went with him.

You'll enjoy our weather a lot. I was just up in Seattle for a week last month and our version of cold is spring for you guys lol so I'm sure you'll be loving it.

Post up more details as you get them (so we can provide better / location specific ideas for you) and feel free to shoot me a PM.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
welcome to SF area. i hope to meet you.

the drive down isn't bad but it may be worth having it shipped if you want to keep the car out of the snow, rain on the way. the border between CA and OR can be a little tricky if there is rain and snow with a sports car.

we do have car events here. check the norcal section of the forum. the regular meet in Santa Row is fairly reliable option as well.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Ya, My plan is to come down check things out then make my decision to bring down the car. As I will prob be doing the hotel thing for a month.. But looking forward to better weather and hopefully meet a nice lady as I am a single guy.. LOL

Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
MJA
More important, I would need to find a safe place to park, Thats why I will check everything out when I get down there.. Thanks for the replys...

Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
check out homestead and extended stay of america. both offer weekly and monthly rates. parking is usually decent. some even have parking structure.

there is an extended stay in redwood shores and a few homestead in redwood city, san jose. craigslist can also be helpful too.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Where in the Bay Area you'll be working? Staying?

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
MJA
Ya, work pays for everything so I will look into those.. Thanks for the information.. Hows the weather down there ??

Not sure exact location yet, I will find out this week but I will be working at a Hospital somewhere...

Last edited by MJA; 03-09-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
welcome to the Bay Area ! Where will you stay ?

Old 03-09-2012, 01:42 PM
MJA
Not sure exact location yet, I will find out this week but I will be working at a Hospital somewhere...

Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Of course, the weather down here is fantastic -- even more so this year (if you like dry weather), since we haven't had very much rain this season. Actually, I enjoy driving my car in the rain as well -- these are fun cars in all weather. There are some great driving roads around here too -- I'm sure you'd enjoy having your car here.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
The "Bay Area" is rather large. You haven't mention what area of it you will be working in or near.

That will dictate cool recommendations for your lodging.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
MJA
Hey Guys just got all my details today. I am flying into Oakland on Monday and the office I will be working out of is in San Leandro.

What,s a good place to stay - area to stay , Work pays for it all. I am going to check things out before bringing the car down. I checked into shipping and its a grand each way.

Company does fly me home 2 weekends of my choosing, Should I fly home and drive down ??

So good area to stay in hotel from oakland to San Leandro ?

Should I drive down the car as shipping would be 2 G,s.

Thanks for any information..

Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I will think twice before bringing the car unless you find a good hotel with enclosed parking.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
MJA
Yes, that is my concern and why I am going to check things out first.. Maybe find a garage/indoor storage room to put it in..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bay area visit " Month Long "