Buttonwillow Raceway private track & roll race event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Buttonwillow Raceway private track & roll race event

***************EDIT***************
Since Buttonwillow has the distinct ability to be seperated into multiple track sections, we have decided to add continued track sessions DURING the roll race portion of the event. The roll racing will happen on the "WEST LOOP", while sessions will continue on the "EAST LOOP". The number of cars on track at a time will be altered for this section due to essentially cutting the track in half, but this is a good option for those that only want to roll a couple of times, or none at all. Track configuration will then change to #17 CCW
***************EDIT***************

Im posting this up to gauge any interest about a private Buttonwillow Raceway track event that will be going on. First off, this will be a private rental, low attendance track day. Most of the day will be a regular, multiple group-runs event, most likely configuration 13CW. Then later in the afternoon, we will setup for a side by side, roll racing shootout on the tracks westside "drag strip". That will be a rolling start, one on one race, just like many of us have NEVER DONE on a highway . HAHA!

We are shooting for a very limited amount of people, probably within 30-35, which will give plenty of track time, and more importantly, plenty of track room, but also explains the higher price tag than other events. No hardcore wheel to wheel racing, just out having fun with some real nice cars

As far as the roll racing event in the afternoon, that pretty easy to explain. That stretch of track is approx 3600 feet long, and 36 feet wide, so there will be plenty of room to run, and more importantly, stop. speeds of the runs will be decided later, but probably something in the area of 50mph to 150mph or so. There will be markers for the start and stop areas, and then you can circle back around for another go. There are many match-ups i know id like to see, most of all probably being Ed's exquisite LEXUS LFA Nürburgring head to head with Travis' sleek Ferrari 458 Italia.

If you are interested in only attending the roll race portion, feel free to contact me as well. We may be making arrangements for ones to join us for only that portion of the day...

Saturday August 11th, 2012
$300 for Full day event
Gates open @ 7am, with on track time from 8AM-5PM
Tentatively planning (7) 15-minute group runs, groups of about 10 cars each.
1.5-2hrs of 2-at-a-time side by side roll racing, with start and stop speeds to be determined
Lunch and plenty of water Provided on-site
Aerial and ground photography and video!!!

*****The track imposes a $10 gate entry fee for all that enter*****

Any questions comments or concerns, feel free to PM me

Some of the friends...

By flyingguy at 2012-05-20

By flyingguy at 2012-02-27

By flyingguy at 2012-03-10

By flyingguy at 2012-03-10

By flyingguy at 2012-02-27

Last edited by FlyingGuy; 07-07-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
edited first post with new info...

Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Got together yesterday with a few of the guys for a simple promo shoot. nothing fancy
996 turbo, Gt500, GT-R, Z4 M coupe, 996 turbo, Aston DBS, M6, 458 Italia

By flyingguy at 2012-07-08

Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Tentatively in! Have to heck the work schedule.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Looks like it will be a great event! Too bad I don't live a little closer.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:25 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Looking good, you guys will have fun.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
FYI, just realized this is the same day as the Shift S3ctor event at Streets of Willow. Buttonwillow would be much more doable for me as it's a great deal closer. But you can probably count out a lot of SoCal'ers that are going to Willow instead that may have been able to make the trip.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Looks like it will be a great event! Too bad I don't live a little closer.
I hope so. We have some real cool people and cool cars turing up for the event. We even have a couple Audi tuners from the Fremont area (034 motorsport) interested in coming out! Maybe you can caravan!

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Looking good, you guys will have fun.
Hope so! thanx!

Originally Posted by bonehead
FYI, just realized this is the same day as the Shift S3ctor event at Streets of Willow. Buttonwillow would be much more doable for me as it's a great deal closer. But you can probably count out a lot of SoCal'ers that are going to Willow instead that may have been able to make the trip.
It is. That was not intentional for competitive purposes with their event. Their events are amazing , and I dont expect to compete with their events with a small private track day! This happened to be one of the last weekends available for buttonwillow tho. I dont expect too many Socal'ers aside from a couple of good friends, but thats ok because of how few participants we are limiting to.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Tony

Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
It is. That was not intentional for competitive purposes with their event. Their events are amazing , and I dont expect to compete with their events with a small private track day! This happened to be one of the last weekends available for buttonwillow tho. I dont expect too many Socal'ers aside from a couple of good friends, but thats ok because of how few participants we are limiting to.
Hey Tony. Wasn't implying that you were trying to compete. Just didn't know if you were hoping to get any significant attendance from the over the Grapevine.

How are the run groups going to be split up?

When's the latest we can sign up? Really hoping I can make this.....

Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Hey Tony. Wasn't implying that you were trying to compete. Just didn't know if you were hoping to get any significant attendance from the over the Grapevine.

How are the run groups going to be split up?

When's the latest we can sign up? Really hoping I can make this.....
Not a problem! I didn't take it as such, but I just wanted to put that out there. I kinda figured on limited attendance from that side of the hill.
About splitting the groups, it's going to be a bit more "open" and "casual" than other events, again, due to the number of cars, but still plenty safe. So a good driver in a 458 may be on the track at the same time as the first-timer in the MP4-12c... There will be passing rules in place for all. With only 10 or so people on track at a time, we should have plenty of room!

Sign up and payment deadline will be over on Tuesday July 31st. Should give everyone enough time to decide if they can make it or not!

Hope to see you guys there!

Last edited by FlyingGuy; 07-09-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Deadline for registration is July 31st, but with so few spots, and almost half taken up already... If you want in, act quickly! Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns!

-Tony
Thatoneguy3000@hotmail.com

Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Monday bump! Met a random NSX the other day. real cool guy, and super clean car. he will be joining us!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
I know this is far from 100% accurate... but could we really get this lucky? Definitely keeping an eye on this[]

Old 07-27-2012, 05:20 PM
weather outlook so far is still pretty decent. looks like it will be a great day for some track fun!

theres still room for a few more!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 PM
We do still have some spots to fill, so registration will keep going until spots are filled, or until the day right before the event. And it's not just about filling spots with anyone that will front the cash, as we have turned down quite a few that were ready to pay but were not chosen.
Plenty of interested ones that are still one the fence about joining... so any questions or concerns, feel free to ask!

-Tony
thatoneguy3000@hotmail.com