If you're in the Bay Area -- get yourself to Monterey!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
If you're in the Bay Area -- get yourself to Monterey!

If you're anywhere near the SF Bay Area this weekend, you NEED to get down to Monterey. I had a last minute opportunity to go down there today to test drive a couple of the new models (991 and Boxster) at the Porsche Zentrum. This was not a short drive around the block -- but a 30-minute drive on some winding roads in the hills.

In fact, if you don't want to, I'd propose that there's no need to spend any money going to any of the formal events. Just go down there and hang out -- either drive around the Monterey-Carmel-Laguna Seca area, or just hang out on a street corner. If you don't see an exotic supercar 30 seconds, you're in the wrong spot.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:20 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
nice time. i am heading down tomorrow morning.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:19 PM
crhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura about
always a gret time

Enjoy!

Old 08-17-2012, 10:28 PM
12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold12GtR-BE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by djantlive
nice time. i am heading down tomorrow morning.
where at ? Laguna Seca?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:54 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
tony, i am going to the pebble beach concourse d'elegance in the morning for a preview of sunday's even and barnyard ferrari meet in the afternoon.

fong and a few others are meeting at vista point between 9 and skyline at 9am. come if you have a free day!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Looks like I'm heading down in the morning to check out the historic races at Laguna. If I'm around there at 4pm, I might swing by the Ferrari event.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Cool. Hope to see u there!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:30 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
You guys enjoy your time! I love Monterey/Carmel but without the extra traffics, so I won't be heading that way this weekend.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
You guys enjoy your time! I love Monterey/Carmel but without the extra traffics, so I won't be heading that way this weekend.
Yeah -- but somehow it doesn't seem so bad when the traffic is with supercars. Kind of like having to wait in a long line with supermodels.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:09 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
let me know next time when you wait in line with a supermodel, I'll be there in no time.

Originally Posted by Aerodude
Yeah -- but somehow it doesn't seem so bad when the traffic is with supercars. Kind of like having to wait in a long line with supermodels.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Here are some pictures from the Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca on Saturday. Hope you enjoy them.

The parking corrals are always nice for browsing

A very nice display for Carroll Shelby

A lot to see in the paddock area

Jumpers for the National Anthem

Even though these cars don't go that fast, it looks like fun

Uh -- taking Turn 2 right at the green flag a little fast eh?

The winning car of this race

Nice Porsche

There's a lot of gadgetry on this Ford

Talk about hitting the apex on Turn 11

Where's Tony Stark?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:14 AM
i went down hwy 1 with another lambo. we didn't hit much if any traffic.

saw another 30 lambos and ferraris from italian stampede group. it was all worth the drive

then, pebble beach was fantastic. lots of exotics such as 2 LP670 SVs, 3-4 300SL Gullwings, Pagani, over half dozen original GT40, cobras, seas of Bentley, Rolls.

pics to come!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Very nice pics Eugene!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:00 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Some photos from the Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance on Thursday. Lots of spectators, so it was difficult to get clear shots of most of the cars.

Attached Images