"Santana Row" Car Meet Every Saturday 10am in Northern California

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:24 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
Was in town so dropped by today.
A very pretty LS7 powered Ultima and a few other cars were there at 10:30, but it is a bad sad to see such a low turnout in comparison with the great meets of the 2006-2008 period. Santana Row needs some serious cafeine !

Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
I drove by around 10;30 AM and didn't see anybody so I just drove away. It's nolonger what it used to be indeed

Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 PM
ESLKid75 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, it's kinda sad.

Any idea how to bring back the Santana Row car meet? Do you think it's a location problem? Do you think it's just that 10.30 (where most people who show DO show) is too late for the Ferrari or Lambo crowd?

The Century theater is going to be razed next year, so we should find a good location for it. Any suggestions? I don't mind helping. Anybody else?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Copperhead is infamous around these parts
Been in the San Jose Area almost 4 yrs now enjoying & supporting the SR weekly meets.

It be good to keep the SR car meet going strong.

Theres really not a clear reason why car enthusiasts aint exactly enthusiastic as much about Santana Row weekly.

So it aint exactly on SR row? So why does it matter? At the newer location, the Domes lot, theres much more free space. The coffee's still across the street. I personally like being away from the shoppers. Theres good visibility & its spread out. If filled with cars it can be quite the spectacular weekly meet. The Domes is a good big lot in a cool part of town so lets take a stand for the car here. It could be better, it could be worse but it is what it and thats a good place for the Saturday mornings car show so drive your ride down and feel good. Thats pretty simple.

Sure can line up multiple rows of hot cars at the Domes. The point is having a location for passion of cars to congregate in easily and effortlessly every week by showing up & living the life. Lets chat & debate on car appeal or modifications or bucks pumped into that car. Its all good. Chat about drives, track events, shop experiences, dynos, modifications or even kill stories... whatever comes up. I honestly think it feels great having an interesting or educated or funny car story as our machines are corraled around us only to observe the general population transporting themselves to or from less interesting events. Hey we pulled the trigger on a hot car, so hang out with it, pretty simple.

When I lived in LA I attended SuperCar Sunday, Woodland Hills for many years and occasionally Cars & Coffee, Irvine. Great meets with great cars & enthusiasts and allot of show offs & socialite breeds.

One thing ive noticed about Nor Cal meets with smaller attendances is they become more personal. Information overload is kept in check with an appealing balance to hear, talk and learn more about others & cars. Reasonable sized gatherings of cars & owners keeps out the vagrants not into cars, keeps away law enforcement and prevents the weekly meet from getting bigger than its own good. A big car show may be better in some ways but where not there yet. Lets move forward in the right direction by supporrting the SR weekly car meet.

Cars are better than ever now and likewise more costly, more powerful, more refined and so much more to show so just bring em out and enjoy.

Just like to keep more interest in SR weekly car meet going so come on out and show your ride.

Last edited by Copperhead; 11-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:45 AM
EuroCarFan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Been in the San Jose Area almost 4 yrs now enjoying & supporting the SR weekly meets.

It be good to keep the SR car meet going strong.

Theres really not a clear reason why car enthusiasts aint exactly enthusiastic as much about Santana Row weekly.

So it aint exactly on SR row? So why does it matter? At the newer location, the Domes lot, theres much more free space. The coffee's still across the street. I personally like being away from the shoppers. Theres good visibility & its spread out. If filled with cars it can be quite the spectacular weekly meet. The Domes is a good big lot in a cool part of town so lets take a stand for the car here. It could be better, it could be worse but it is what it and thats a good place for the Saturday mornings car show so drive your ride down and feel good. Thats pretty simple.

Sure can line up multiple rows of hot cars at the Domes. The point is having a location for passion of cars to congregate in easily and effortlessly every week by showing up & living the life. Lets chat & debate on car appeal or modifications or bucks pumped into that car. Its all good. Chat about drives, track events, shop experiences, dynos, modifications or even kill stories... whatever comes up. I honestly think it feels great having an interesting or educated or funny car story as our machines are corraled around us only to observe the general population transporting themselves to or from less interesting events. Hey we pulled the trigger on a hot car, so hang out with it, pretty simple.

When I lived in LA I attended SuperCar Sunday, Woodland Hills for many years and occasionally Cars & Coffee, Irvine. Great meets with great cars & enthusiasts and allot of show offs & socialite breeds.

One thing ive noticed about Nor Cal meets with smaller attendances is they become more personal. Information overload is kept in check with an appealing balance to hear, talk and learn more about others & cars. Reasonable sized gatherings of cars & owners keeps out the vagrants not into cars, keeps away law enforcement and prevents the weekly meet from getting bigger than its own good. A big car show may be better in some ways but where not there yet. Lets move forward in the right direction by supporrting the SR weekly car meet.

Cars are better than ever now and likewise more costly, more powerful, more refined and so much more to show so just bring em out and enjoy.

Just like to keep more interest in SR weekly car meet going so come on out and show your ride.
Where's the Like button for the above post?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 AM
mauiboy94 is infamous around these parts
Will anyone be showing up to the meet on the 17th? I will go if people show up!

Old 11-23-2012, 12:14 AM
dipapa is infamous around these parts
Any one heading to SR Nov 24?

Last edited by dipapa; 11-23-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Saturday Nov 24 10am-12:30pm lets make for a strong turnout at weekly SR Car Meet @ the Domes lot.

Make some time, show your ride and chat on the car scene or anything else.

Think we all like to see weekly SR meet on the up turn. Just takes car dudes & cars.

Pretty Simple. Get in car, drive over, feel good.

The weather will be great. Lets say thanks to those rides.

See you there.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
kmitchell is infamous around these parts
Looks like it should be a beautiful day. Alex and I will be there.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
I wish it would be held on a Sunday morning instead...

Old 11-23-2012, 06:29 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
gonna try to make this.....exactly where is this going to be. I don't want to drive around SR with all this crazy holiday shopping.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Santana Row Car Meet

Time: Every Saturday ~10:00am - 12:30pm

Place: Winchester Blvd & Olsen Dr

At Winchester Domes movies lot (between Winchester House & Flames Restaurant)

Large open parking lot, with few trees & free of the "rif raf"
Plenty of coffee & food at Santana Row which is directly across Winchester Blvd.

Last edited by Copperhead; 11-23-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I encourage all interested to get to SR and plan a good simple spirited drive afterwards.

Take advantage of those good weather Saturday's, make the time and enjoy your ride.

Last edited by Copperhead; 12-03-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM
drew935 is infamous around these parts
I agree that SR has not been what it used to be before. I think that after Luis passed, the turnout went down and then we tried to keep it alive for awhile. But I have not been to one this year yet.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
It seems to have gone downhill the last couple years. It really took a hit when it moved to the domes lot (due to construction) and never recovered. I think a lot of non 6 speeders that used to go to the meet didn't know where the meet moved for awhile which caused low turnouts which caused a lot of the regulars to stop going too. There is also more events like this meet popping up so now there is more competition. I also thought our location at SR is better than the Domes lot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: "Santana Row" Car Meet Every Saturday 10am in Northern California