SF Bay area sightings thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:53 PM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Baasha
WOW! Are you sure it was a CCXR? Those have just been released by Koenigsegg and I think they are ~$2MM!! Are there any key differences visually from a CCX and a CCXR? Sick sighting nonetheless.
Hey Baasha, it's very likely that you are correct, now that I think about it, I think I saw a red letter only (I probably thought that X looked like an R, and made the quick assumption.) But I definitely do not remember seeing any green letters or anything signifying flower power, so it's safe to say it was a CCX. It was black though!

Incredible.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
could this be it? i havent actually seen it in person.. yet to confirm if its a CCX or CCXR.

Attached Images   
Old 03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
could this be it? i havent actually seen it in person.. yet to confirm if its a CCX or CCXR.
holy crap!!! thats what you get to see all the time

Old 03-28-2008, 04:20 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
let him know he's going to need let me plan a photoshoot for him

Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
Nice ride! And he parks it with everyone else. Very cool.

Any luck with MyDetailer.Com (background of first photo). They come up to the office complex (San Mateo) and have thought about using them...

Old 03-29-2008, 02:12 AM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the pics Fern. It must be the same car...I can't imagine there are too many asian guys driving around in dark Koenigseggs...it's incredible!

So as far as it being a CCX or a CCXR, I'm pretty sure it's not a 2007 CCX, as it doesn't have a carbon vertical bar in the center of the front bumper vent...and it doesn't have the front bumper of the 2007 CCGT. Therefore it has to be a 2006 CCX or a 2007 CCXR. Front pics, I can't tell any difference between the two (we'd need a shot of the side where the nameplate is). The only thing I noticed is that this car has the two windshield washer nozzles on the center hood vent. It could have been an option? for 2006 CCX cars, but I've seen them on all the 2007 CCX and CCXRs...

God I'm such a dork.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Baasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to behold
Nice pics! As for it being a CCX vs. CCXR, the best way to tell are the wheels; the CCXR has carbon fiber wheels (Dymag?) stock. The "regular" CCX has magnesium alloy wheels. There are a few other components on the CCXR that make it discernable from a 'regular' CCX.

Actually, that car is definitely NOT a CCXR. The rear wing on the CCXR is as outrageous as the 1018 BHP it gets from bio-fuel!!

The 'regular' CCX has a 'smaller' wing like the one you have shown in the pics. Furthermore, the CCXR was just released and shown at the Geneva Auto Show. Of course, Jen-Hsun Huang is a baller, but a CCXR is easily ~$2.2MM and that's a whole new level. The regular CCX is ~$935k or probably $1MM "out the door"! The CCXR also has the "R" in green lettering on the outside as well as the inside. However, as mentioned earlier, I think it's safe to say that this particular Koenigsegg is indeed a CCX. If it happens to be a CCXR, hats off to Jen-Hsun Huang!!

Great to see the ever growing group of fellow exotic car enthusiasts in the good 'ol Bay Area!! There are 2 other "regular" CCX's in the Bay Area that I've heard of as well.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
4:50pm in Walnut Creek on North Main St.

4-5 Ford GT's rolling together.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Whoa - which city was this in?

Old 04-01-2008, 04:04 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
sounds like me but, i dont go the office that late i know sharky is working on a new white GT3 recently, perhaps that what you saw.
Was going to see a friend on my off day so most likely me

rick

Old 04-01-2008, 05:20 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Saw a loud slate GT2 on the dam road Sunday. I wonder who that could ahve been...?

Old 04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
hahahahah that would be me LOL

Old 04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Baasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to beholdBaasha is a splendid one to behold
white AMV8 roadster on Los Gatos Blvd. ~4:30 PM on Monday. Looked nice!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:26 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by s4play
Was going to see a friend on my off day so most likely me

rick
so your gt3 is sold, but you're driving it around adding more miles?

Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
New silver Aston Martin Vantage(?) at my work. HP cupertino.
Black M6 getting his car washed today @ Country Club on Steven's Creek. around 230pm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SF Bay area sightings thread!