SF Bay area sightings thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:06 PM
HankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura about
Question....?
Im running with header straight pipe ECU for my 986S. My friends said every time when I went high RPM and shift up, blue fire came out from my exhaust....Is it normal....?It's been 6 month..
Im still worry about that.....I don't wanna burn my car...

Thanks

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 01-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:26 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
I must say, this is an odd choice of thread to ask this question in out of the blue.

Sounds awfully rich for an NA though...IMO

Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM
HankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
I must say, this is an odd choice of thread to ask this question in out of the blue.

Sounds awfully rich for an NA though...IMO
Thanks you, I will readjust my ECU

Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I saw a white 997GT3 pulling so.... hard in San francisco Gery tunnel last night. Oh my god! Crazy loud!!!!
We said Hello to each otherThe driver looks like from India and very friendly. Thank you for showing the amazing sound of GT3

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 01-28-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:42 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HankLiu's 986S
I saw a white 997GT3 pulling so.... hard in San francisco Gery tunnel last night. Oh my god! Crazy loud!!!!
We said Hello to each otherThe driver looks like from India and very friendly. Thank you for showing the amazing sound of GT3
Sounds like he opened it up above 4K.... and a good place to do it also.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
was it a red gt3? was his name kaven?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
was it a red gt3? was his name kaven?

Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin

my bad.. reading was not my strong point as english is my second language

Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
my bad.. reading was not my strong point as english is my second language
3 letters for you.

E S L

Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
3 letters for you.

E S L
Hahaha you guys so funny
My English sucks too, you can tell from my typing

That was my very first experience to be that close to see GT3 open full throttle!!!!! Even only 2 sec, all my bloods came out from top of my head!!!! A~M~A~Z~I~N~G!

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 01-29-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Hahaha you guys so funny
My English sucks too, you can tell from my typing

That was my very first experience to be that close to see GT3 open full throttle!!!!! Even only 2 sec, all my bloods came out from top of my head!!!! A~M~A~Z~I~N~G!
We just like to have fun on this forum. No hard feelings between members.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
I was in San Mateo and saw a white 997 GT2 with AZ license plates. I was several cars behind it and had to do some fancy driving to try and catch up to it, but it turned off from El Camino Real onto 25th Ave. towards the former Bay Meadow horse track, then went left on Delaware, then right like it was heading to the Franklin Templeton offices.

I searched this thread and saw a mention of a white 997 GT2 being driven by a blonde, but I couldn't make out who the driver of this one was.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 PM
ccmagic is infamous around these parts
exhaust flames

Exhaust flames are normal with straight pipes. You can really see a lot of flames with sidepipes but less so with straight pipes and a muffler. They can also be seen on down shifting with a lot of back compression. Your car won't burn if the tail pipes clear the cars body work.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:39 AM
We just like to have fun on this forum. No hard feelings between members.
I really enjoy stop by here whenever have chance online.
A lot of great Live Story happened here.Lovely thread also like a family

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 01-31-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by ccmagic
Exhaust flames are normal with straight pipes. You can really see a lot of flames with sidepipes but less so with straight pipes and a muffler. They can also be seen on down shifting with a lot of back compression. Your car won't burn if the tail pipes clear the cars body work.
Thank you so... much
I did some little homework for Porsche Exhaust flames too.
Could be because of the mid-engine or rear-engine set up.Exhaust pipes are much shorter than normal front engine set up, so flames came out easily with straight exhaust. So... interesting

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 01-31-2009 at 10:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SF Bay area sightings thread!