SF Bay area sightings thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:16 PM
ccmagic is infamous around these parts
I was driving east bound through the Caldecot tunnel and floored it in 3rd(no traffic). Went from 60 to 100+ in no time. The sound resonating in the tunnel is amazing. I love tunnels. Shortly after a saw headlights speeding up. I thought it might be a cop so I slowed up and drove mellow. It was just a truck... thank goodness. He pulled along side and gave me the thumbs up and smiled (apearantly he was in the tunnel behind me). He was also enjoying the sound of the twin turbo in the tunnel. I waved back and floored it for him one more time.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:07 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ccmagic
I was driving east bound through the Caldecot tunnel and floored it in 3rd(no traffic). Went from 60 to 100+ in no time. The sound resonating in the tunnel is amazing. I love tunnels. Shortly after a saw headlights speeding up. I thought it might be a cop so I slowed up and drove mellow. It was just a truck... thank goodness. He pulled along side and gave me the thumbs up and smiled (apearantly he was in the tunnel behind me). He was also enjoying the sound of the twin turbo in the tunnel. I waved back and floored it for him one more time.
I know what you mean. The Caldecott Tunnel is a good place to hear your exhaust.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
white gtr hanging out with all the hondas at quickly milpitas tonight. 130am.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 AM
HankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ccmagic
I forgot since when I became to a Tunnel lover. The sound and the vision in the tunnel was like a whole different world which makes my blood boiling hot. I am working on my Thesis and my M/Architecture final project design. I proposed a 16,000,000 s.f International Racing Circuit in Taiwan. Includes: Exhibition Center, Medical Center, Tracks, Media Center, Grandstands, Hospitality to handle the events of Motorcycle Grand Prix, Touring Car Championships, World Super bikes,Moto GP, JGTC and Formula-1..more
"Tunnel" is one of my important concept for the track design. I was thinking about to combine part of the Grandstands and track into a Tunnel even go under ground, however I understand the air circulation will be issues.....and I almost got killed by 600+ pages " International Racing Circuit Safety Code" and I have to complete all my design drawing, building structure, Scale Circuit model and Thesis in 8 months.... long way to go............Im enjoyed so far GO! GO! GO! If anyone have any new ideas about your dream racing Circuit, please let me know. Ideas needed!!Thanks a lot!!

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 03-01-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HankLiu's 986S
I forgot since when I became to a Tunnel lover. The sound and the vision in the tunnel was like a whole different world which makes my blood boiling hot. I am working on my Thesis and my M/Architecture final project design. I proposed a 16,000,000 s.f International Racing Circuit in Taiwan. Includes: Exhibition Center, Medical Center, Tracks, Media Center, Grandstands, Hospitality to handle the events of Motorcycle Grand Prix, Touring Car Championships, World Super bikes,Moto GP, JGTC and Formula-1..more
"Tunnel" is one of my important concept for the track design. I was thinking about to combine part of the Grandstands and track into a Tunnel even go under ground, however I understand the air circulation will be issues.....and I almost got killed by 600+ pages " International Racing Circuit Safety Code" and I have to complete all my design drawing, building structure, Scale Circuit model and Thesis in 8 months.... long way to go............Im enjoyed so far GO! GO! GO! If anyone have any new ideas about your dream racing Circuit, please let me know. Ideas needed!!Thanks a lot!!

M Arch in berkeley?
no other school has M Arch up here, no?

HVAC, drainage, for underground can be done, not by arch, but by CE's. i am sure you can dig out some old thesis in CE dept to supplement your thesis. i doubt you need to be in depth with those details.

circulation, structure and the overall aesthetic experience of the circuit would need most of your time. as far as circuit itself, and safety code, i would do a broad generalization of it and let it be. you only got 8 months!

if Cal, who's your thesis advisor?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
HankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura aboutHankLiu's 986S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mooty
M Arch in berkeley?
no other school has M Arch up here, no?

HVAC, drainage, for underground can be done, not by arch, but by CE's. i am sure you can dig out some old thesis in CE dept to supplement your thesis. i doubt you need to be in depth with those details.

circulation, structure and the overall aesthetic experience of the circuit would need most of your time. as far as circuit itself, and safety code, i would do a broad generalization of it and let it be. you only got 8 months!

if Cal, who's your thesis advisor?
Thanks a lot for all the CE info!
Im doing my M Arch in Academy of Art University.
My thesis adviser is Richard W. Smith , Ph.D, Architecture of Berkeley.

So far... Im focusing on case study of 2010 Donington Park new design plan. and Appendix H to the international Sporting Code.

I really like how new Donington Park combining with hospitality into a circuit.

Last edited by HankLiu's 986S; 03-01-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
328 is infamous around these parts
Hi Hank
Cool thesis! Hope your thesis can be come true in the future!
tunnel lover +1

Old 03-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Jakester1168 is a splendid one to beholdJakester1168 is a splendid one to beholdJakester1168 is a splendid one to beholdJakester1168 is a splendid one to beholdJakester1168 is a splendid one to beholdJakester1168 is a splendid one to beholdJakester1168 is a splendid one to behold
So how many repeat P-Cars do you people have spotted?

Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jakester1168
So how many repeat P-Cars do you people have spotted?
surprisingly, not many! i can't say i do anyway.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
Saw a black 07? Gallardo at Santana Row on Sunday, parked out in the rain.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Yellow Gallardo on Crow Canyon in Danville @ 12:00 noon. Mel, was that you?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I blew out my ankle on January 3 and have been driving an automatic (rental) ever since because my boot wasn't "compatible" with my clutch. Yesterday, the doc took me out of the boot. You have no idea how a busted ankle can give you new appreciation for your p-car.

Anyway, I'm back in the 911. Spotters beware...

Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Glad to see the car patrol is back!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
whitemoose26 is infamous around these parts
White CLK63 BS at Foothill College in Los Altos. Anyone on the forums know who this may be? Sounds like an exhaust on it. Black rims.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
ccmagic is infamous around these parts
[quote=HankLiu's 986S;2281780]I forgot since when I became to a Tunnel lover. The sound and the vision in the tunnel was like a whole different world which makes my blood boiling hot. I am working on my Thesis and my M/Architecture final project design. I proposed a 16,000,000 s.f International Racing Circuit in Taiwan. Includes: Exhibition Center, Medical Center, Tracks, Media Center, Grandstands, Hospitality to handle the events of Motorcycle Grand Prix, Touring Car Championships, World Super bikes,Moto GP, JGTC and Formula-1..more

Hi Hank!
That's a cool thesis project. I have a lot of relatives in Taiwan. A tunnel or just a half pipe would be great for the sound effects. Also try to incorporate some elevation changes. That's what makes Laguna Seca such a nice road course. The water next to the track is super cool. I always thought Chicago would be a great place to host a Grand Prix. Lake Shore Drive along side Lake Michigan. I would love to be a spectator in a nice boat on Lake Michigan watching the race.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SF Bay area sightings thread!