Best Places to Eat (Philly Area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:05 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Romancer
Is Morimoto any good? Ever since I saw him on the Iron Chef I wanted to try his food. I looked at his site and the place looks like an amazing atmosphere. Anyone have experience with the place?
Morimoto's is typical Steven Starr fare. Amazing atmosphere/experience. I've had better sushi elsewhere; however, if you go -- get the Chef's Special as it's something along the lines of a 12 course meal. The food's exceptionally exotic and the wait staff are incredible in explaining what was just brought to you and how it should be eaten. Good for a "once in a lifetime" experience. Go at the end of the night as Morimoto often comes out and thanks the guests.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
Omakase is the way to go at Morimoto. Sushi is not really what the Morimoto experience is about. Out yourself in the chefs hands, tell them what you definitely dont want, if you want kobe or not and enjoy!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Review: Brandywine Prime

Cool place...nice decor inside and a decent/good menu. The app's were REALLY good and the salads were too. My steak (large filet) was very good, but not up to Sullivans, S & W, Lugers standards.

Overall, great place to go with a date or with some friends as the atomsphere is cool and the staff is friendly. But if your hunting for a steak and only a steak, this isnt your place.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:05 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Review: Brandywine Prime

Where is this place?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I'm going to Philly from Sunday through Tuesday. I'm taking my girlfriend to the Hibachi restaurant on Columbus (right next to Dave & Busters) for brunch. And I'll definitely be hitting Tony Lukes for a cheesesteak. Haven't had a cheesesteak since I graduated college in June.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:44 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by still lost
Where is this place?
Rt. 1 in Chadds Ford, PA

Old 12-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Tonk
I'm going to Philly from Sunday through Tuesday. I'm taking my girlfriend to the Hibachi restaurant on Columbus (right next to Dave & Busters) for brunch. And I'll definitely be hitting Tony Lukes for a cheesesteak. Haven't had a cheesesteak since I graduated college in June.
Nice man. Have fun when you are in Philffy.......and go with the Pork Sandwitch at Tony Lukes

Old 12-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Nice man. Have fun when you are in Philffy.......and go with the Pork Sandwitch at Tony Lukes
I like pork as a meat, but not really in a sandwich....and I love their cheesesteaks. You really gotta do a lot of convincing for me to break away and try something different haha.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
KGB557 has a spectacular aura aboutKGB557 has a spectacular aura aboutKGB557 has a spectacular aura about
Amada
Tinto
Osteria
Vetri

Old 01-20-2008, 02:57 PM
KGB557 has a spectacular aura aboutKGB557 has a spectacular aura aboutKGB557 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Boys, it all goes down at Amada. Chef Garces is rockin' the Philly food scene in a big way. I have yet to go to his new place, Tinto, but I heard it's nothing short of amazing.

http://www.amadarestaurant.com/

http://www.tintorestaurant.com/

The food, space, and service is most impressive. I walked out each time completely satisfied in every way.

My pick for some curbside grubbin' is ALWAYS Tony Luke's.

http://www.tonylukes.com/

Fogo De Chao is a cool concept, but I felt rushed. To me it seemed like they were VERY focused on turning tables and filling me up as fast as they could. There was a dude constantly popping up next to me wanting to slice off some fresh meat. It began to get slightly annoying especially when I was in the middle of a conversation. Just my opinion.
Mike Tinto is the Bomb. I heard some crazy things can happen in the booths downstairs.