Best Places to Eat (Philly Area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Best Places to Eat (Philly Area)

Ok, some other regions beat us to it but what are your fav spots to eat, drink, chill??????

I like:

Breakfast = Classic Diner...rt 30 in Frazier, PA

Sushi = Margaret Kuos (Mandarin)...rt 30 in Malvern, PA

Mexican = Red Sombrero (chili-chicken nachos FTW!)...rt 202 West Chester, PA

Steak = (tie) Smith & Wallinskys...Rittenhouse Sq. - Philly & Sullivans in KOP

Asian = Nectar....rt 30 in Berwyn

Italian = Luigi & Giovannas...Church Street in Downingtown, PA

Drinks/Lunch = Buckleys Tavern...rt 52 in Greenville, DE

Beers/Booze = Brickside Bar & Grill....Exton, PA (Eagleview shopping center)

Dive Bar w/good food = Copa 82...rt 30 in Thorndale, PA

Ok guys....what are you fav's?

Old 10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
I'd take Barclay Prime over S&W for steak!(Rittenhouse Square on the oppsite side as S&W)

American Comfort Food: Jones (7th and Chestnut)

Sushi: Mikado (3 in S. Jersey right across bridge might be one in Philly)

Cheesesteaks: Pats (9th and Pasyunk)

Cuban: Alma de Cuba

I'll update as more places pop into my head.

Jon I'll have to try some of the places you listed now that I'm in the area..thanks!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
joekimdds is infamous around these parts
buddakan
morimoto's
alma de cuba
jim's steaks (cheesesteak in south st)
pod
bonte (breakfast-coffee)
tangerine
tequila's
dinardo's (crabs)

Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by still lost
I'd take Barclay Prime over S&W for steak!(Rittenhouse Square on the oppsite side as S&W)

American Comfort Food: Jones (7th and Chestnut)

Sushi: Mikado (3 in S. Jersey right across bridge might be one in Philly)

Cheesesteaks: Pats (9th and Pasyunk)

Cuban: Alma de Cuba

I'll update as more places pop into my head.

Jon I'll have to try some of the places you listed now that I'm in the area..thanks!

I like Pats too! But i also like MANY other places in the city for steaks.....too many to list.

Barclay is good too...i like the atmosphere over at smith & wallys a little more

Let me also add this one to the list:

Cajun = High Street Cafe....High Street, West Chester, PA

Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by joekimdds
buddakan
morimoto's
alma de cuba
jim's steaks (cheesesteak in south st)
pod
bonte (breakfast-coffee)
tangerine
tequila's
dinardo's (crabs)
Great List!

Tequila's on Locust is a GREAT place for mexican food..my ex used to work there so i would get free food n marguirtias all the time

Tangerine is ok....Pod is pretty good too - overpriced in my opinion....and Jims Steaks is darn good as well...but a lil too crowded for me most of the time. If im on South Street ill hit Steaks on South.

Keep it going guys!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
Fogo De Chao in center city

Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by chidoks
Fogo De Chao in center city
Havent been yet...whats it like?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
basically, its a steakhouse with beef, pork, chicken and all sorts of meat. Its an all you can eat but not a buffet in a sense. You pay $45 for all you can eat beef, chicken, pork and sides. Sides range from corn, mashed potatoes to rice and the like. They have a nice selection. The waiters walk around with heated trays of different kinds of meat and they go by every table and ask what kind of meat you need. You have a little button. Once the button is flipped up, the waiters know you are still up for more food and they keep bringing food to your table, once its flipped down, they know you are done. I believe drinks are extra. They have a pretty vast wine menu too. Definitely worth the money.

http://fogodechao.com/locations/Philadelphia.htm

Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Havent been yet...whats it like?

Old 10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts
Any good Greek places? Jim's for Cheesesteaks!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by chidoks
basically, its a steakhouse with beef, pork, chicken and all sorts of meat. Its an all you can eat but not a buffet in a sense. You pay $45 for all you can eat beef, chicken, pork and sides. Sides range from corn, mashed potatoes to rice and the like. They have a nice selection. The waiters walk around with heated trays of different kinds of meat and they go by every table and ask what kind of meat you need. You have a little button. Once the button is flipped up, the waiters know you are still up for more food and they keep bringing food to your table, once its flipped down, they know you are done. I believe drinks are extra. They have a pretty vast wine menu too. Definitely worth the money.

http://fogodechao.com/locations/Philadelphia.htm
ahhh thats right. My buddy went there the other day and said he left that place stufffffed!

Ill have to try it soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by GarnetRedCoupe
Any good Greek places? Jim's for Cheesesteaks!
Greek places....i like Byblos right in Rittenhouse Sq. Great Greek/Med food there...also great atmosphere too. Great place for a date

You guys ever go to Chubbys for cheesesteaks? VERY good....

Mama's on City Line Ave. also has some AMAZING cheesesteaks too...

Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM
yup.. everytime i leave there i am so stuffed and constipated cos i cant get enough of their food...

Also, if you dont mind crossing the bridge and love seafood, theres cap n' cats in mantua.. really huge snow crabs and lobster and shrimp.. everything is spiced just right.

ahhh thats right. My buddy went there the other day and said he left that place stufffffed!

Ill have to try it soon.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Greek places....i like Byblos right in Rittenhouse Sq. Great Greek/Med food there...also great atmosphere too. Great place for a date

Byblos is great, you can get a free hookah on Thursday nights..always a good time! There are a ton of great night spots in a 3-block radius of there too!

Greek Lady on 40th and Walnut is also great Greek food, best Gyro ever!

As for Tangerine I never really cared for it, I thought the food was sub-par, and I worked at a Steven Starr places so I should be biased.

Martini's def Continental (I prefer mid-town to olde city...the roof deck is killer!)

Jims steaks are too dry for my tastes.

Monks is good as well for beer and German food...going there for a date tonight

Also Triumph in Olde City imho is the best micro-brewery in the city, great food, great atmosphere, amazing beer!

Last edited by still lost; 10-10-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by still lost
Byblos is great, you can get a free hookah on Thursday nights..always a good time! There are a ton of great night spots in a 3-block radius of there too!

Greek Lady on 40th and Walnut is also great Greek food, best Gyro ever!

As for Tangerine I never really cared for it, I thought the food was sub-par, and I worked at a Steven Starr places so I should be biased.

Martini's def Continental (I prefer mid-town to olde city...the roof deck is killer!)

Jims steaks are too dry for my tastes.

Monks is good as well for beer and German food...going there for a date tonight

Also Triumph in Olde City imho is the best micro-brewery in the city, great food, great atmosphere, amazing beer!

all very good addtions man!!! Rittenhouse Sq is the spot in Philly as far as im concerned. My ex lived there and my Best friend lives there so i have been pretty much everywhere around there....although there are some new spots opening up that look good.

Its a shame parking is such a DRAG down there or we could have a 6Speed gathering and hit up Devon seafood...not that the food is unreal there (its ok) but its the best place to watch cars showoff around the square.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 AM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts

Thanks, I will give it a try the next time I am up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Places to Eat (Philly Area)