Speeding Ticket...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Speeding Ticket...

So basically while driving on the Jersey Turnpike in Sept, I got pulled over for speeding and tailgating....

The ticket said he paced me and got my speed using his speedometer... this cant be true as I saw him flying through traffic and I immediately pulled over to the right lane letting him pass only to have him stop behing me and flash his lights.... theres no way he could have "paced" me using his vehicle when i was almost at a dead stop before he pulled up behind me. the ticket said 82 on a 55...

then he wrote me another ticket for tailgating...??? it became apparent that he was just out for me considering i pulled out my Military ID Card and DEA Card and he just handed it back to me as if it was just another piece of plastic.

I pleaded not guilty and i think i know how to plead at trial but i was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Banned
pistonia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by r34dy2walk
So basically while driving on the Jersey Turnpike in Sept, I got pulled over for speeding and tailgating....

The ticket said he paced me and got my speed using his speedometer... this cant be true as I saw him flying through traffic and I immediately pulled over to the right lane letting him pass only to have him stop behing me and flash his lights.... theres no way he could have "paced" me using his vehicle when i was almost at a dead stop before he pulled up behind me. the ticket said 82 on a 55...

then he wrote me another ticket for tailgating...??? it became apparent that he was just out for me considering i pulled out my Military ID Card and DEA Card and he just handed it back to me as if it was just another piece of plastic.

I pleaded not guilty and i think i know how to plead at trial but i was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Go in and talk to the Prosecutor, if he doesn't give you a good offer you can always request an adjournment for legal council.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 PM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
So basically while driving on the Jersey Turnpike
Not surprised, the TP can be brutal. That "I paced him story" can be beaten in court. Leaves a lot of room for human error.

How fast were you going? Feel free to plead the 5th

Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 PM
see i already pushed my court date back a few times... never actually went to court yet though... the adjournment for legal council, would that push my dates back? because im in the army, its hard for me to get solid dates... i figured i just grab a lawyer now and bring him/her to the prosecutor.

i need hard suggestions... like with experience. i know in jersey they set their vehicles to be able to pace cars... i dont think the story with human error would work that well...

Old 11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
I may be able to help....PM sent

Old 11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned
pistonia is infamous around these parts
see i already pushed my court date back a few times... never actually went to court yet though... the adjournment for legal council, would that push my dates back? because im in the army, its hard for me to get solid dates... i figured i just grab a lawyer now and bring him/her to the prosecutor.

i need hard suggestions... like with experience. i know in jersey they set their vehicles to be able to pace cars... i dont think the story with human error would work that well...
Well there are a ton of things you can do to argue the pacing theory. I'm going to pm you and give you some of my contact info. I'll also talk to my girlfriends brother in law (he's a LEO).

The idea for legal council is as follows, typically you want to stretch the time frame from when you get the legal infraction til your court date, inevitably they get pissed off with you and tell you that if you try to post pone is one more time they'll issue an arrest warrant (had it done to me), you finally go into the court room, and try to speak with the prosecutor, talk to the prosecutor and explain the situation to him, that the officer didn't have a clear line of sight, he was unable to actually accurately attain your speed. Some prosecutors are lenient, and I'm sure if you come in uniform or bring in your identification that your with a government agency it'll get you off. If by chance the prosecutor is an ******* all you do is say alright no problem, I'd like to retain a lawyer. The judge will call your case, you walk up to the stand, tell him your name and address probably, and tell him you're requesting an adjournment to attain legal council. And thats that. When the lawyer comes in the prosecutors basically tell him "alright, not wasting your time, this is what I can do" and thats that. Now you can also play it another way, I'll actually try to help you out with that, and you can essentially write up a document with your scenario (I've done it before) and show on paper how it was nearly impossible for the trooper to efficiently acquire your speed by pacing.

Whewwwww.

Anyway. PM me with your email address or aim address and we'll talk.

Oh yeah. I'm from North Jersey btw.

Last edited by pistonia; 11-06-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Jeff E39 is infamous around these parts
Get a lawyer yor looking at 9 points. Tailagating is 5 points and the speeding you were caught at is 4 points. I wish you luck but depending upon your age you may be looking at a short term license suspension regardless. Im facing one at 19 for doing 96 in a 65. Good luck and the state police are tough.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
wow...that sux...sounds like a bunch of bs....damn nj state troopers...

Old 12-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
My self and many of my friends use Matt Greenberg from http://www.tickethelp.com/about-us.html

just say you are a friend of Edward Kehaian
I started using him 2 years ago when I got chased for 2 mls on Cross Bronx expwy doing 11o MPH. After a year of fighting got it to Not guilty. Every penny spent was worth it . And I keep calling him with new chalanges all the time

Old 12-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Chewbacca is infamous around these parts
Oh man I wished Id had that refererance a month ago, Just paid $1003 buckaroonies, for doing 103 in a 55 zone, ..now usually Id cop it on chin, but I wasnt driving a Porker, I was in a 4 runner, with four adults, and the back was packed to the rafters, it was raining, we overtook a truck in a passing lane from a 50 mph start, I couldnt do it in the Porsche let alone a 4runner. Cop asks us where we sleot last night (wtf?) and why we had different last names and were unrelated (wtf?) Cop gives a passenger in the back my ticket, tells me I cant drive, then speeds off b4 I even get out of my seat...

Im convinced he saw our non state tags and thought revenue...

Old 01-03-2010, 03:31 AM
just to end this story off from a while back.

i paid a lawyer... paid the fine. found out that NY doesn't take points from anywhere so it was wasted money on lawyer...

either way. was like $400 total.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
just to end this story off from a while back.

i paid a lawyer... paid the fine. found out that NY doesn't take points from anywhere so it was wasted money on lawyer...

either way. was like $400 total.
Thanks for the update. Got popped on the LIE in NY on Xmas Day last year. Hit me doing something like 84mph (and I continued to accelerate -- was late for a flight out of the country in a rental car so no hardwired V1). Anyhow, the ticket cost me $300 to the court and $300 to the damn state (some kind of revenue-driven surcharge). Total cost $600. BUT, not having point reciprocity from NY to PA: Priceless