Porsches at Hershey, PA (4/26/08)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Porsches at Hershey, PA (4/26/08)

6Speeders,
The 32nd annual Porsches at HersheyPark (Hershey, PA) is on April 26, 2008. It's billed as "more Porsches in one place at one time than anywhere else on the planet -- including Stuttgart!" Part swap meet, part park your car in the Porsche-only Corral. Truth be told, the show rate was (very) light last year... but the weather was less than ideal.

I've got an email into the organizer to see if there's a cost involved in parking in the Corral, whether you need to be a PCA member, and whether we can park together (or if car spaces are assigned based on model/year). Will update this post when I get word back. Timing specifics TBD. For more info go to the following URL and search by date:
http://www.cpa-pca.org/

For the Philly crowd, I was going to meet up with anyone interested in a convoy at the King of Prussia mall. For anyone who wants to meet up on the PA Turnpike (e.g., coming down from Lancaster, up from Baltimore, etc.) we can use cellphones to meet against a mile marker in real time.

No vested interest on this end. Just think it'd be fun to roll my P-car on the P-highway come late April.

DAVID

Last edited by TorqueChap; 03-20-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
I'm in! Just let me know what the details are. Meeting at KOP sounds great! It would be awesome to roll on the Pa Turnpike with a bunch of P-cars.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Spread the gospel. (Do I hear an "Amen"?) Will post an update when I hear back from the organizer.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:26 AM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts
I am in, I have been going there with my dad for the last 12 years. See you up there!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I put it on dah calendar

Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Weather dependent... only because I'm not looking for a widget for a '71 911!

If it's nice out, it'll be a fun day just to drive up and hang out.

Joe

(Amen)

Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
AMEN, brotha. I am in for a blast up the turnpike at high speeds!!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
That's the spirit, P-drivers! Naturally, this is all contingent on good weather so fingers crossed. PCA is getting back to me shortly regarding additional info.

BTW, since this is a daytime outing, feel free free to bring kids, college roommates (yeah, you Joey), significant others, the mailman, whatever. The more the merrier in my book. Aside from a bit of friskiness on the open road, it's going to be PG-13! But we should still carry protection (read: radar, jammers, etc.).

Last edited by TorqueChap; 03-21-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Here's an update on the Porsches at Hershey:

INFO UPDATE

Parking in the "Porsche-Only" Car Corral is $10/car. (Not a bad deal as it puts you right in the middle of the action and close to the vendors.)

Entry for everyone is $10 whether you have a P-car or not. Same pricing as the Corral.

Parking in the P-Car Corral is only for parking. No "For Sale" signs are permitted. But talking up a car is a different story

We'll figure out what time we cruise out from KoP as the date gets closer. Ya'll who are intersecting us on the PA Highway, we'll figure out likely times we'll cross paths and then use cellphones/mile markers to fine tune. I think the convoy will be hard to miss so we'll need to watch out for Pennsylvania's Finest. (Got a feeling there might be a plane or two in the sky doing radar that day.)

Drew's only allowed to bring one of his P-cars if he drives blindfolded and in reverse the whole way. THAT should level out the playing field (I hope).

DAVID

Old 03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
I can't wait. I've been looking forward to this since last year. David thanks for setting this up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a nice sunny day!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Cactushead has a spectacular aura aboutCactushead has a spectacular aura about
Come pick me up at my house!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cactushead
Come pick me up at my house!!!
Just stand along the side the turnpike and when we fly by, try to time it just right where you stick to my windshield! hahahahaha

I am in btw.....i went when i was like 7 with my Dad and again in college one time....awesome display of cars!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
I'm down.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:57 AM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
If I still have the car, I'm in.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Something new coming to replace it????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsches at Hershey, PA (4/26/08)