Laser Jammer in NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
hardman is infamous around these parts
Laser Jammer in NJ

I got a speeding ticket in NJ last week. I came over a hill and my laser jammer was squeeling away...so I was definately jamming the guys signal. Despite that he took the initiative of pulling me over and telling me I was going 86 in a 65 zone and wrote the ticket up accordingly.

I was definately not going that speed....although I was somewhere in the mid to high 70s and was surrounded by a lot of traffic on a busy Friday late afternoon. I will definately go to court and plead not guilty....I think the cop was mostly pissed because I was jamming his signal. He said that he clocked me using a laser. My understanding is that Laser Jammers are legal in NJ.

Any advice? Do I just go to court and say the cop was mistaken/lying?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
hardman is infamous around these parts
I have a Blinder..and the alarm went off for the full time that I passed him. I am sure he was pissed that I jammed him and wrote me up anyway. I was not going 86 mph although I was speeding (probably 77/78 mph).

I will go to court on this ticket and discuss the fact that I had a laser jammer (which is legal in NJ) and that it jammed the signal, and that I may have been a dozen mph over the speed limit but no where close to 86mph.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hardman
I have a Blinder..and the alarm went off for the full time that I passed him. I am sure he was pissed that I jammed him and wrote me up anyway. I was not going 86 mph although I was speeding (probably 77/78 mph).

I will go to court on this ticket and discuss the fact that I had a laser jammer (which is legal in NJ) and that it jammed the signal, and that I may have been a dozen mph over the speed limit but no where close to 86mph.
I may be wrong on this but, just because your laser jammer detected the laser gun and was jamming, doesn't mean the officer was jammed the whole time of the event. He easily could bust through as you got closer and got your speed. This is why it's so important to slow down the second your system detects a threat. Slow down before he can bust through and get your speed.

IMHO, your word against the officer and you are going to tell the judge you had a laser jammer so there ws no way the officer got your speed? I think you lose this one.

Im stating again. Just my opinion

Good Luck and let us know what happens if you do go to court.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
speed_demon1 is infamous around these parts
Yep most likely he got a PT Practice getting to the psl and killing the jammers they are just a tool and do not make you fully invisible

Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
do cops have to give you some sort of print out?

some jammers will jam first signal only, allowing the driver to slow down before cop shoots again. this way, cop doesn't know he got jammed.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:42 AM
PWRSHFT is infamous around these parts
I do not believe an officer is required to give a print out in the state of NJ at the time of ticket. If you were definitely not going the speed stated it is worth going to court as I believe at that point evidence must be presented however in my experience even without a time stamped and dated print out the judge will always side with the officer in any he said she said situations. I just moved back to NJ from VA so I haven't had any "real world" experience with this in years but I have found more often than not that in these situations its better to pay the ticket and walk away from the situation. Just my opinion I may not know all details.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Cyberbug is infamous around these parts
Best to consult a lawyer on this and avoid the points

Old 03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PWRSHFT
I do not believe an officer is required to give a print out in the state of NJ at the time of ticket. If you were definitely not going the speed stated it is worth going to court as I believe at that point evidence must be presented however in my experience even without a time stamped and dated print out the judge will always side with the officer in any he said she said situations. I just moved back to NJ from VA so I haven't had any "real world" experience with this in years but I have found more often than not that in these situations its better to pay the ticket and walk away from the situation. Just my opinion I may not know all details.

they dont give a print out. and judge believe officer than u. (my experience). get a good lawyer to beat the points. but you have to pay fine + court fee.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Plead not guilty, appear in court, ask prosecutor for no-points "unsafe driving" ticket (NJSA 39:4-97.2 - Unsafe Driving); pay fine ($300+/-); go home.

I wouldn't try the jammer defense.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Rguy is infamous around these parts
Has anyone ever even tested a laser jammer? I thought these were proven a scam awhile ago? You can't "jam" light signals.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
dailydriver is infamous around these parts
I agree with the posters who advised against using the laser jammer defense... It is just going to give the judge more reason to "dislike" you for trying to beat the system. Although they are supposed to be impartial, they are at the end of the day human.

Fight the ticket and take an honest approach, in my opinion judges and LEO's for that matter are more understanding if you say,"yeah I messed up" and ask for a break. I have had good luck getting tickets moved to non-moving violations with no points and just paying the fine.

If you are sure you were not going the speed indicated I would persue that aspect as well, but don't come off ****y or arrogant when raising the point, just point out that you know you may have been exceeding the speed limit, but not to the degree indicated and ask for leniency.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:05 AM
RRob is infamous around these parts
I can test your jammer to see if it's working rite.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 PM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RRob
Im game, PM incoming

Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
cnachris is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RRob
Where in NJ are you? Plus I could use some input. Thanks.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM
RRob is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb

May 6th its a sunday.I myself with a group of 25 people will be having our Meet for jammer testing. If you would like to come out send me a Pm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laser Jammer in NJ