Quality Stereo Shop in Seattle Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
So what's the problem with going with option #2. Sounds like that's what you really want. I guess it depends on whether or not you want a whole lot of "thumping" to go with the beautiful sound from the rest of the system.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I worked in the industry for a LONG time. Nothing wrong with the chanin stores if you find the right installer. I know a couple and they use to work for benchmark but the commute sucked for them.

I will ALWAYS tell people to go there because I know they will NOT screw up the car and back up the work. IF you work your deal on equipment that is great, but don't expect them to give up the farm. They are really the only shop that can do the work on our high end cars and not screw it up.

As for doing it yourself. Sure that is always an option, but the two or 3 panels you mess up or scrathc and if you hit a wire on accident and that cost you $5k-15K to fix...you should have done it with them in the first place. WE did spend almost $100k on our cars.. do go cheap like you own a honda civic with the radio install.

Like I said, it is tough to find the right installer, but dealing with Benchmark you are always taken care of.

talk to Kevin over there. He is a great guy and been in the insustry since the early 90's and with Scott Whitehead (the owner) for over 10 years. He is a nice guy.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:28 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Brucem

talk to Kevin over there. He is a great guy and been in the insustry since the early 90's and with Scott Whitehead (the owner) for over 10 years. He is a nice guy.
Kevin is my sales guy and I worked with him on the SLK. A good guy.

Well - I drove there today during my lunch hour and hammered out a deal. I paid a deposit and will drop off my car on the 26th! I went with option 2, i.e., the 2 JL 10w6s, 3 JL Audio amps for a total of 1300 watts and focal speakers. They will build me a custom box that will attach to the rear deck. Just a little bling bling in I'll have vinyl and leather covering, see through area for the amps and an AMG logo It is going to look and sound amazing.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. My next post will be of PICS!!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
congrats. can't wait to see it!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:27 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I'm a DIY guy, but that's because I was a professional installer for a long, long time.

You can't go wrong with Benchmark. Although the one time I did call them, they were clueless on how to lower my Denali. They didn't believe me that a certain kit existed. Just stick to them for electronics and you will be fine.

-David

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
I dropped off the car today at Benchmark. Pics from Day 1 (get the car back on Friday). Not the greatest pics, but in time the system will look great.

Car in the shop. The P-car owners wil enjoy the 911 cab in the background!

Another pic of The Beast "under the knife"

Exposed Door

Focal Power!

Prep work in rear deck area - 2 JL subs will fire through the opening.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:12 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Nice E63 - I like it in white. Mine's in Capri Blue -- a bugger to keep clean.

I *hated* the E63 until the latest firmware update to the slushbox. Now it shifts pretty nice (finally!). Only thing I don't like about it now is that for whatever reason is that applying more than 75% of the power simply invokes a fight between the traction control and the tires. Never thought you could have "too much" power. I guess the problem could be alleviated with better tires.

I used to put sweet systems in my cars, before I realized that I didn't like flushing $5k (or more) down the drain when I sold each car after just a couple of years. I wised up. With the money I've saved, I got a pretty nice home AV System with 802D's from B&W, Classe Audio electronics 100" projector etc. So it's all good. I used to use Systems Unlimited -- they've done some great installs over the years for me. Charles Maddy is a real perfectionist and has a very good ear for tuning systems just right. Had a 996 with a very nice system -- Xtant, Dynaudio, Alumapros (in custom fab'd enclosure). Man, I miss that system, and if I'm honest that car too. I recommend them highly, albeit with some minor caveats.

Benchmark have a great reputation. They did a big system in a friend's QP and he's very happy with the work they did. Will be interested to hear your impressions with the system when they're all done...

Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
welcome aboard to 6speed Britblaster! You have nice taste for home audio.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brucem
welcome aboard to 6speed Britblaster! You have nice taste for home audio.
Thanks.

Been a big music fan for 30 years. It's expensive trying to accurately recreate a live music experience at home or in the car. I justified the expense in the car because I would spend an hour each day held captive there. But, quality is more important than quantity -- a vehicle is just about the worst environment possible for listening to music. So, I stick with the stock systems these days. Thankfully the stock systems are so much better than they used to be!! I actually quite like the stock HK system in my Merc. And a lot of my listening is to Sirius. Talk about a weak-link in fidelity -- don't get me wrong, I *love* Sirius -- but a digitally compressed music stream has big compromises with regard to musical fidelity. A CD it ain't. Same deal with MP3/iPod etc. I find it really funny when you see someone with a set of $300 headphones capable of 35hz-28Khz frequency response .... plugged into an iPod. Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread (too much) ... but I love my home system sanctuary

Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
I used to put sweet systems in my cars, before I realized that I didn't like flushing $5k (or more) down the drain when I sold each car after just a couple of years. I wised up. With the money I've saved, I got a pretty nice home AV System with 802D's from B&W, Classe Audio electronics 100" projector etc. So it's all good. I used to use Systems Unlimited -- they've done some great installs over the years for me. Charles Maddy is a real perfectionist and has a very good ear for tuning systems just right. Had a 996 with a very nice system -- Xtant, Dynaudio, Alumapros (in custom fab'd enclosure). Man, I miss that system, and if I'm honest that car too. I recommend them highly, albeit with some minor caveats.

Benchmark have a great reputation. They did a big system in a friend's QP and he's very happy with the work they did. Will be interested to hear your impressions with the system when they're all done...
Yes, car sound systems get expensive. However, one great thing with Benchmark is they install your system in a manner that makes it easy to take the stuff out when you sell the car. For example, I'm using amps that were in 2 previous cars of mine. Definitely saves you money when you can transfer gear to new cars.

I'm into home theater as well. B&K Receiver, Vienna Accoustic speakers and a few other toys. I just love music.

More pics of the install

another custom box pic

Old 11-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
If anyone needs convincing of BMs expertise in design and installation as it relates to audio/video in high end cars...............just go to their site and look at the installation in the CS.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Install is done! Final pics below...

Old 12-04-2007, 07:21 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
You forgot one VERY important thing. You didn't tell us how it sounds!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Or how much?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Or how much?
From the looks of that install...............thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars. I'm sure it sounds amazing. Well done.

Currently have the wife's Xmas present in there for radar and rear entertainment. Yep.........expensive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quality Stereo Shop in Seattle Area?