Quality Stereo Shop in Seattle Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Very nice!!! Are you pleased with the sound ?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
Very nice!!! Are you pleased with the sound ?
Yes, it sounds great. Benchmark did a great job. Some thoughts:

-I like the tight and clean bass you get with a closed enclosure. The ported box I had in my SLK definitely rocked, but it was out of control and untamed. With the custom closed enclosure (and firing chamber), I get a cleaner bass. The dual 10w6s cause sonic havoc (i.e., wake the neighbors and set off car alarms) about as well as the old 10w7 in the ported box, but again, a cleaner bass.

- The Focal K2Ps are AMAZING. Much better than the Boston Pros imho. They are a tad bright, but the clarity is amazing. The Boston Pros were a little muted, whereas with the Focal speakers you hear everyhing.

- The install is CLEAN. Full access to my spare tire, no wires and custom amp rack and cover. I will probably paint the AMG logo white as the logo is hard to see because it is the same color as the amps.

The install wasn't perfect though, so I'm taking the car back to Benchmark for some minor tweaking. Basically, I have a rattle problem, but thankfully, I identified where it is coming from. Some removeable mesh covering on my rear deck rattles like crazy when the bass hits. I removed the covering and no rattle. I'm sure it will be an easy fix.

I'm very pleased. White Stripes' Seven Nation Army and Icky Thump sound amazing. Black Robb's "Whoa" definitely makes people say Whoa! when the bass hits. 50 Cent's Straight to the Bank rocks it. Doesn't matter the music genre - it all sounds great!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I just had some Infinity Kappa done by one of the friends of the board (see Bruce) in my Jeep. They sound GREAT.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by huskylawyer
I'm very pleased. White Stripes' Seven Nation Army and Icky Thump sound amazing. Black Robb's "Whoa" definitely makes people say Whoa! when the bass hits. 50 Cent's Straight to the Bank rocks it. Doesn't matter the music genre - it all sounds great!
Nice! You owe it to yourself to get the "Silversun Pickups" if you haven't already; track 2 sounds like the drummer went to "Animal's School of Drumming". Amazing album, and very good production.

Oh, and check out the Etymology of "Ecky Thump" -- I remember the seminal classic episode of "The Goodies" when it was first broadcast as a kid...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icky_Thump

Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Procera is infamous around these parts
Lookin' good! BM is expensive but they do good work. I heard how that company got their start though...

PS. "Middle class" and "E63" should not be used in the same sentence!

(ooh, my first post)

Last edited by Procera; 12-07-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Procera
Lookin' good! BM is expensive but they do good work. I heard how that company got their start though...

PS. "Middle class" and "E63" should not be used in the same sentence!

(ooh, my first post)
welcome aboard. I know the whole history of Benchmark and have known the guys for years. Not friends with the owners, but if you want to make sure what you heard is correct and you are not getting hear say, send me a PM.

good place to work with, and one of the best in the U.S. with high end cars

Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Procera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brucem
welcome aboard. I know the whole history of Benchmark and have known the guys for years. Not friends with the owners, but if you want to make sure what you heard is correct and you are not getting hear say, send me a PM.

good place to work with, and one of the best in the U.S. with high end cars
Cool. I'm not dying to know but maybe one of these days it will come up in conversation.

If you guys have any meets let me know. Would be nice to go to an actual car meet where people are closer to my age (35). I'll bring my lowly CLK55 out (assuming it's not traded-in by then) and drool at all the p-cars.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:50 PM
DemonFox is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the tip guys! Just called and scheduled an install for the 13th. I will let all of you know how it goes!

Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM
ronin is infamous around these parts
Wow, one helluva thread revival there. But good deal. Let us know how it goes.