HELP! recall letter for canadians

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:42 AM
JamesSimpson is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by whtrabt
Well you'd be amazed at how similar the two economies really are. And even then the point of duties and tariffs is to equal out the markets. Again basic economic principles. Sorry but who we vote won't affect dealers trying to screw people over.

My point is that it is PLAIN WRONG for a dealership to hold a car HOSTAGE with a $7000 bill and 6 month wait for something that they have no say over. Example: They have no authority to say that the sun visors need to be ordered by porsche and you need to wait 6 months. Why? Well because that job has been delegated to Canadian Tire which says a sticker with french wording is sufficient. Funny how Porsche has no jurisdiction to say WHAT MEETS FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS yet they are HOLDING PEOPLES CARS HOSTAGE for unnecessary work. IE tires. This is PLAIN EXTORTION!!!! That is my problem. Like I SAID BEFORE I have no problem with paying their $1250 fee to equal out the prices between the two countries BUT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR UNETHICAL TREATMENT AND EXTORTIONIST BEHAVIOURS. Maybe you are not fully aware of the policies and procedures of importing a car into Canada thus you can't really see what is wrong with Porsches policies.

Did you know that RIV the FEDERALLY APPOINTED ORGANIZATION TO HANDLE US IMPORTS was approached my Porsche to sign a contract saying that a dealer stamped recall letter WOULD NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED?? Well RIV declined because they seemed it as unfair. So a letter is STILL ACCEPTED but Porsche Canada has told all dealers to NOT ISSUE IT.

And is this what you are talking about????

In that case you are VERY MISINFORMED. Maybe you should try reading a book and not believing every word some one sided propagandist like Micheal Moore portrays in his Docudramas like Sicko. I have $50 a week deducted from my pay check and my company also pays a portion to have health coverage. Yes everyone does have basic coverage. But guess what? With that you still have EXTREMELY LONG line ups. People have DIED IN EMERGENCY ROOMS waiting for care. If you don't have other insurance guess what.....that Ambulance that brought you to the ER will cost you big $$$$. So basic insurance gets you just that....the basics.

And higher taxes?? I pay 40% between federal and provincial income taxes combined. Some provinces are more. And you know that mortgage that you guys can deduct? Well we can't. That is a HUGE advantage you have down there. With housing prices rivalling California's and mortgages as high as they are that WOULD PLAY A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN MY YEARLY TAXES!!

And guns?? We have just as many guns up here. We have gang wars and shootings and murders every other weekend. The last 5 years has been crazy. Again, don't believe Micheal Moore..........we haven't been able to keep our doors unlocked in over 15 years!

So maybe you need to be a little more informed

take the car back and and again he's LYING to you he has NO AUTHOURITY whatsoever to hold your car let alone saying it has to pass one of his inspections, I haven't done a porsche in a couple of months but i can't see anyone at the R.I.V or Transport Canada to let this happen, I'll find out on Monday for everyone though but i'm 99% the way I do Ferraris will work just the same for a porsche.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Sorry guy's I should have just made one big post as I ended up saying the same thing a couple of times but basically....

Stop being cheap, you're already saving a ton(usually) and try to skimp and import it yourself and end up screwed like you are now.

Don't EVER ask a canadian dealer for ANYTHING pertaining to importing a u.s vehicle unless its of course to compare how much money you saved!

Call and ask and RESEARCH who you're going to deal with and for what and when you'll need to contact them.

I'm fairly confident I could fix everyones problem here as R.I.V has deemed most manufacturers hopeful policy's unfair to the average consumer and has since made it EASIER for us(me,you,clients etc.,) to import then ever before.

Now since this is my first time EVER posting on here although I've been meaning to for years now I don't have ANY right whatsoever to post my contact info as I do exactly this but again do some research ask on the forums(obviously not this one!!) on how to do import your particular car OR just pay someone to do it!
In my case my fee is usually accompanied by a "wholesale" price so not only do you get the car delivered right to your door you save thousands and thousands of dollars in the meantime.

Theres ALOT of capable people all across Canada who do this for a living besides myself so i'm sure with a little searching you could find someone local to you, although this is not important whatsoever.

Cheers and good luck to you all!
James Simpson

P.S got a story for you, a "client" asked me to sell his Ferrari, i did and I got him $30,000 more then his beloved F.O.O I told him I wanted a flat-fee as per my usual routine and he agreed, I rush around and pester the buyer for the money as my "client" needs it desperatly as did I(winter time,things are slow) well he gets paid promptly as I needed to be paid as well promptly which he said "no problem" well he gets paid and starts ignoring my calls/emails etc., well I send his assistant a bill and get a text saying "woah woah I didn't think it was going to be that much" $3500 VS $5000(remember we're talking $175,000 car and I got him $30k MORE then anyone else offered him) well he only authourizes his assistant to pay me $3500 plus taxes and I never hear from him again and yes in my head he still owes me $1200.
Well since he' burnt his bridge to me he decided he would import a all alluminium custom car quite popular in a remake of a movie from a few years ago, well after a year and well over $100,000 the car gets here and is seized by customs and eventually KICKED out of the country or face being destroyed. So not really sure why i shared this story other then Karma's a ***** and paying someone to do THEIR JOB could have avoided this "clients" $100,000 mistake.

AGAIN CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!

James Simpson

it's 4 am and i'm writing with one eye open so hopefully this all makes sense to you guys....

Old 09-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Say what you want

BUT I have $100K to say YOU CAN not get a USA LAMBORGHINI. less than 15 years old, car into CANADA, titled, insured, with Canada Plates no matter what anyone says as of today..

There is possible changes in the next few months BUT not now!

Period!

Old 09-26-2009, 07:01 AM
supersurfr is infamous around these parts
Recall Letter

I bought my 2003/911/C4S from a dealer,(not a Porsche Dealer) and made the recall letter a condition of sale. No Problem got the letter immediatley.
In my letter they call recalls "Open Campaigns". Car still in transit.

Last edited by supersurfr; 09-26-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:05 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JamesSimpson
Sorry guy's I should have just made one big post as I ended up saying the same thing a couple of times but basically....

Stop being cheap, you're already saving a ton(usually) and try to skimp and import it yourself and end up screwed like you are now.

Don't EVER ask a canadian dealer for ANYTHING pertaining to importing a u.s vehicle unless its of course to compare how much money you saved!

Call and ask and RESEARCH who you're going to deal with and for what and when you'll need to contact them.

I'm fairly confident I could fix everyones problem here as R.I.V has deemed most manufacturers hopeful policy's unfair to the average consumer and has since made it EASIER for us(me,you,clients etc.,) to import then ever before.

Now since this is my first time EVER posting on here although I've been meaning to for years now I don't have ANY right whatsoever to post my contact info as I do exactly this but again do some research ask on the forums(obviously not this one!!) on how to do import your particular car OR just pay someone to do it!
In my case my fee is usually accompanied by a "wholesale" price so not only do you get the car delivered right to your door you save thousands and thousands of dollars in the meantime.

Theres ALOT of capable people all across Canada who do this for a living besides myself so i'm sure with a little searching you could find someone local to you, although this is not important whatsoever.

Cheers and good luck to you all!
James Simpson

P.S got a story for you, a "client" asked me to sell his Ferrari, i did and I got him $30,000 more then his beloved F.O.O I told him I wanted a flat-fee as per my usual routine and he agreed, I rush around and pester the buyer for the money as my "client" needs it desperatly as did I(winter time,things are slow) well he gets paid promptly as I needed to be paid as well promptly which he said "no problem" well he gets paid and starts ignoring my calls/emails etc., well I send his assistant a bill and get a text saying "woah woah I didn't think it was going to be that much" $3500 VS $5000(remember we're talking $175,000 car and I got him $30k MORE then anyone else offered him) well he only authourizes his assistant to pay me $3500 plus taxes and I never hear from him again and yes in my head he still owes me $1200.
Well since he' burnt his bridge to me he decided he would import a all alluminium custom car quite popular in a remake of a movie from a few years ago, well after a year and well over $100,000 the car gets here and is seized by customs and eventually KICKED out of the country or face being destroyed. So not really sure why i shared this story other then Karma's a ***** and paying someone to do THEIR JOB could have avoided this "clients" $100,000 mistake.

AGAIN CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!

James Simpson

it's 4 am and i'm writing with one eye open so hopefully this all makes sense to you guys....
James Great POST!!!

PM me your contact info please.
Thanks!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:36 AM
supersurfr is infamous around these parts
Border xing

I always use a broker to bring cars into Canada. Usually the are recommended by the trucking company. Its the best $150.00 you can spend. However I spend many sleepless nites waiting the car to show up at my front door.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
James Great POST!!!

PM me your contact info please.
Thanks!

thanks, I just wrote a big PM to you and tried to send only to be told I need to have posted at least 15 times, see if you can PM me your email, in and out of the hospital daily so phone is not the best method some days.
Thanks
James Simpson

Old 09-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Say what you want

BUT I have $100K to say YOU CAN not get a USA LAMBORGHINI. less than 15 years old, car into CANADA, titled, insured, with Canada Plates no matter what anyone says as of today..

There is possible changes in the next few months BUT not now!

Period!

although I don't have anyone right now who wants a u.s lambo I will take the bet IF we CLEARLY define the terms of the bet, for example please define you're definition of "there is possible changes in the next few months BUT not now!" Will this year/summer be considered as "now" to you?
Let me know also the terms should also specify that we're talking about $100,000 u.s dollars.
I can't believe you would even make a bet like this, I would NEVER assume that I know anything about importing a car in to the states especially based off the words of lambo dealers telling you that they will not write letters anymore.
If you had read one of the posts on the first or second page one of the posters mentions that Porsche tried to get the R.I.V to sign something stating recall clearance letters were no longer acceptable and they refused to do so because they know that is completley unfair.
So set the terms and we'll go from there.
CHEERS!

Last edited by JamesSimpson; 09-26-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by supersurfr
I always use a broker to bring cars into Canada. Usually the are recommended by the trucking company. Its the best $150.00 you can spend. However I spend many sleepless nites waiting the car to show up at my front door.

Your talking about customs brokers which just faxes the paperwork to whatever border the car may be crossing through and they also pay your gst on your behalf, i'm talking about actual car brokers who buy/sell/import etc., However I do use a broker myself to assist me with the paperwork as it's handy to have someone pay the gst and do all the paperwork while i'm busy taking care of the actual shipping,inspection arrangements as well as the negotiation of the price.

edit: no longer $150 anymore either

Old 09-26-2009, 12:08 PM
whtrabt is infamous around these parts
Haven't been on here in awhile...just thought I would update....

Moral of the story for Canadians is get the letter in the states and don't even talk to a Canadian dealer. As it is now Porsche HAS NOT directed the dealers in Canada or USA to stop giving out the screen shots and stamp them. The Canadian dealers just don't want to. After discussing how this seems to be dealer discretion with the service manager of my local dealership he proceeded to say 'well it seems like you're pretty much stuck with bringing it in or face exportation'. The next afternoon I brought him a letter from a US dealer that was faxed to me. Three days later I brought him the car with the RIV sticker; fully certified. He didn't say a word either time.

So for any Canadians wanting to import just go to an american dealer and get the screen print out from their computer stating no recalls and then have the dealer stamp it. They have NOT been notified by Porsche USA or Porsche Canada to stop giving these out.

I will be importing another porsche next week. Good luck to you all!!

Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
although I don't have anyone right now who wants a u.s lambo I will take the bet IF we CLEARLY define the terms of the bet, for example please define you're definition of "there is possible changes in the next few months BUT not now!" Will this year/summer be considered as "now" to you?
Let me know also the terms should also specify that we're talking about $100,000 u.s dollars.
I can't believe you would even make a bet like this, I would NEVER assume that I know anything about importing a car in to the states especially based off the words of lambo dealers telling you that they will not write letters anymore.
If you had read one of the posts on the first or second page one of the posters mentions that Porsche tried to get the R.I.V to sign something stating recall clearance letters were no longer acceptable and they refused to do so because they know that is completley unfair.
So set the terms and we'll go from there.
CHEERS!
As of today!!....yes things can and most likely will change...I cant read the future..BUT as of TODAY YOU can not have a newer MY Lamborghini into Canada THAT will be serviced UNDER Warranty at ANY Lamborghini Dealer in Canada..NOR WILL the Factory or ANY DEALER USA or Canadian provide the recall letter as of TODAY! AND it will NOT get plates and reg from the Canadian Goverment...

Old 09-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by whtrabt
Haven't been on here in awhile...just thought I would update....

Moral of the story for Canadians is get the letter in the states and don't even talk to a Canadian dealer. As it is now Porsche HAS NOT directed the dealers in Canada or USA to stop giving out the screen shots and stamp them. The Canadian dealers just don't want to. After discussing how this seems to be dealer discretion with the service manager of my local dealership he proceeded to say 'well it seems like you're pretty much stuck with bringing it in or face exportation'. The next afternoon I brought him a letter from a US dealer that was faxed to me. Three days later I brought him the car with the RIV sticker; fully certified. He didn't say a word either time.

So for any Canadians wanting to import just go to an american dealer and get the screen print out from their computer stating no recalls and then have the dealer stamp it. They have NOT been notified by Porsche USA or Porsche Canada to stop giving these out.

I will be importing another porsche next week. Good luck to you all!!
I just want it clear that I have no knowledge of other brand cars...there seems to be no issue with them..

I am just stating the facts as I know them for ONLY the Lamborghini Brand cars.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm just waiting for an email but if I were you I wouldn't put so much faith into what dealers are telling you.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Former Vendor
I'm just waiting for an email but if I were you I wouldn't put so much faith into what dealers are telling you.
If I were you I WONT be hanging my butt out all over the WORLD.

Have a nice day

Old 09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
roy and james it seems that you two shouldn't be at odds it seems that you should be figuring out how to move some of roys cars across that border together. for both of you it could be a good thing. that 100k bet had me intrigued as well made me want to learn how to export some cars........

.......on a side note it's a mute point who wants a Lambo
sorry roybert you knew i couldn't pass that one up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! recall letter for canadians