HELP! recall letter for canadians

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
roy and james it seems that you two shouldn't be at odds it seems that you should be figuring out how to move some of roys cars across that border together. for both of you it could be a good thing. that 100k bet had me intrigued as well made me want to learn how to export some cars........

.......on a side note it's a mute point who wants a Lambo
sorry roybert you knew i couldn't pass that one up
LOL Yea I knew that was on the way HA HA

Old 09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
JamesSimpson is infamous around these parts
well as of right now I know of a U.S dealer that wrote a recall letter for a 07-08 lambo LAST WEEK which means it would still be under warranty when it got here and Lambo can say they won't honour the warranty all they want just like Ferrari dealers here say but a phone call to Ferrari N.A quickly has things resolved and i'm hopeful a call to Lambo N.A would change that as well but if it didn't theres other ways around that

so if you're still willing to LOSE that $100k i'd be more then happy to take it?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JamesSimpson
well as of right now I know of a U.S dealer that wrote a recall letter for a 07-08 lambo LAST WEEK which means it would still be under warranty when it got here and Lambo can say they won't honour the warranty all they want just like Ferrari dealers here say but a phone call to Ferrari N.A quickly has things resolved and i'm hopeful a call to Lambo N.A would change that as well but if it didn't theres other ways around that

so if you're still willing to LOSE that $100k i'd be more then happy to take it?
Well like you SAY "Theres other ways around that"...no thanks I prefer to do the right thing on the up and up the first time...reminds me of an old saying

"OH the webs we weave, when we attempt to decieve"

As far as a letter from a Dealer in USA. I CAN guarantee you it did not happen. As per contract and FEDERAL LAW ONLY the Manufacture can provide this letter OR through there "Authorized" Dealers with authorization....and NO USA Dealer is Authorized to release such letter as of approx 3 weeks ago.

Again you can GO around it, do what ever you want, say whatever you want..BUT YOU CAN NOT take a Lambo from the USA that is under warranty, import it to Canada, register it, insure it AND HAVE it serviced at an Authorized Lamborghini Dealer in Canada.

So you I am still up for it, GO buy one, import and then register it, take it to Lambo in Canada and have Warranty work done....whn you have that done, as of ...I will go as far as this next 10 days..I will pay up..

ALSO just for us, since talk is cheap...PLEASE post a copy of this so called "Recent recall released letter"..Please..

Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
whtrabt is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I just want it clear that I have no knowledge of other brand cars...there seems to be no issue with them..

I am just stating the facts as I know them for ONLY the Lamborghini Brand cars.
HAHAHAAH I LOVE back-peddling!!

Originally Posted by roytoy2003
HATE to say it...BUT you are probably the first un-lucky one.!

Porsche as well as Lamborghini (the first to do it) and soon tobe followed by Ferrari and many other high end car companys WILL NOT allow their US Dealer to provide a recall letter.

WHY?

Very Very SIMPLE...M O N E Y !!

The Up north Dealers can NOT compete withthe current USA prices..and in ALL DEALER agreements there is a portion that specificaly SPELLS out that ONLY the FACTORY may authorize a Dealer to perfrom and PROVIDE the recall letter.

Just recently LAMBORGHINI Dealers in USA where AGAIN advised that THEY CAN NOT provide the recall letter and of course the North guys WONT and DONT want to give you, or ask the factory to provide one as they want to sell THEIR cars.

IN PART...the letter that has gone out to Lamborghini, Porsche, Audi, VW and as I have been told with in days to Ferrari reads:

"Be aware that Canada LAW requires a written conformation from the MANUFACTURER to certify that a vehicle in question complies with the E.P.A./D.O.T. and is cleared for recall......We the FACTORY shall not provide these recall letters to for Canadian customers purchasing USA cars.......WE consider any involvement in such as a violation of your DEALER agreement and RESERVE the right to take legal action as well as civil damages against any USA Dealer that makes the recall letter available"

It was bound to happen, they cant survive up there if all you do is come down here and get a car at 30 and 40% lower price..

If you can, sell it back in the USA...

Roy Cats

Old 09-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by whtrabt
HAHAHAAH I LOVE back-peddling!!

Should go read again...the letters have gone out..I ONLY know of Lamborghini enforcing it currently, I dont know when the others will start but as the letter states, it will happen.

I dont follow Porsche at all, as I would never buy one nor own one...so why bother myself with knowledge that is as useles to me.

Also with out knowing all your facts...you may have got in under the wire so to speak..not sure if whay you have now would work today as well...?????

Old 09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
barc111 is infamous around these parts
This is my experience. In 2009 I have transferred six (6) vehicles to a relative in Alberta. In 2007 I assisted him to transfer three (3). All for business use. Manufacturers included Toyota, Honda, VW & BMW. Same story for each.

For each, in order to receive a letter of no recall from the manufacturer they had to be registered in the states for no less than 6 months (could not be new). If the manufacturer found it was transferred prior to the 6 month mark, the originating dealer would not receive the manuf. money and if done more than once could risk losing dealership. None in the Pacific Northwest would take that risk. Asking for a letter of no recall or MSO on a new car is a gaurantee they will not sell you a car. Relative has a thing against used cars.

I then had to provide to the border, 72hrs before crossing, a letter of no recall From the Manufacturer, no exceptions. I have yet to come across a border crossing that will accept a recall letter from a dealership.

After talking with Toyota, they wouldn't even do it earlier if you could provide proof you owned businesses in both the US & Canada.

After my experiences, I am with Roy and Cats Exotics.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 PM
well you're wrong because you do not need to show ANYONE at the border any recall letters or screen shots, this is for the R.I.V eyes and only theirs, why doesn't everyone just call the R.I.V so they can hear for themselves that I am right.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I can't believe you "can guarantee that didn't happen" well you're DEAD WRONG i'm telling you a AUTHOURIZED LAMBO DEALER wrote a recall letter as early as LAST WEEK not for me but for a cdn dealer who i'm trying to get a copy of it to prove it to you guys, however I don't know if he's willing to risk an obviously valuable source and you said to me that " you knew info that others did not that there are serious changes in the works" or something like that, IN THE WORKS doesn't mean right now, and right now SOME lambo dealers are writing letters even when they're not SUPPOSED TO...everyone is hurting for money right now and if they have to write a letter or give a service screen shot then they will most likely do it, maybe I can convince the dealer i'm talking about to come on and show you OR Roy you can speak to him for yourself but only if you swear on your daughters life that you won't rat him out to your lambo buddies, and what I meant by "there are ways around that" is someone knows someone at a dealership somewhere and that someone will do favours and get cars in even when they're not supposed to.
BUT this is all really unnessecary considering RIV DOES NOT REQUIRE RECALL LETTERS ANYMORE ANYWAYS AND EVERYONE HERE CAN CALL AND ASK THEM FOR THEM SELVES, however if anyone wants to say i'm full of it by not posting the letter fine as the dealer friend i'm talking about said he would take the $100,000 bet.
OR I cannot take your bet because I personally do NOT have any lambos on there way up here BUT this friend in particular has done it recentley and even gotten the cars in for warranty work, so anyone can say whatever they wants but considering the rules everyone is going on about aren't the rules anymore it doesn't really matter.
Also 10 days to buy a lambo import and it hope that it needs some warranty work done is a pretty unrealistic bet, everyone here knows that I'd be extremley lucky if a shipping company was able to pick it up right away and would have to a have a huge horseshoe somewhere that the same car just happened to need warranty work done, so if the terms of the bet were a little more realistic i'm sure my buddy would provide all the nessecary doc's, or if he could provide doc's from last months' lambo he imported AND had warranty work done then i'm sure he would be game, and before anyone say's i'm full of it etc., this is only because I HAVE NOT EVER IMPORTED A LAMBO but good friends who are trustworthy have, along with enzo's,599's etc., JUST VISIT WWW.RIV.CA AND CALL FOR YOURSELVES AND ASK THE RIV IF RECALL LETTERS ARE REQUIRED ANYMORE SO IT DOESN'T MATTER IF LAMBO DEALERS AREN'T ALLOWED TO WRITE LETTERS UNLESS THEY'RE TOLD SPECIFICALLY NOT TO DO WHAT IS REQUIRED NOW THEN THEY'LL STILL WRITE THEM, MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN A SCOLDING FROM HEAD OFFICE, AND REALLY THEY WOULDN'T BE BREAKING ANY RULES.
CHEERS!

Last edited by JamesSimpson; 09-29-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 PM
barc111 is infamous around these parts
So a quick 2 minute conversation with Farhan at R.I.V confirmed my suspicion. A recall clearance is still needed, he was nice enough to point me to www.riv.ca/recallclearance.aspx. Can come from the manufactuer or dealer though 90% of dealer letters are rejected for not having the correct info. In addition, after processing the recall clearance documentation they notify the manufacturer the vehicle has been imported to Canada. He said it wasn't a requirement for crossing but most crossing check for it.

First no dealer would risk violating their dealer agreement when the manufacturers are looking for any excuse to cancel them. Second the manufactuere will not provide it in most cases before the 6 month mark, some not at all. And with them notifying the manufacturer, even if you did find a dealer they would quickly void the warranty and in most cases notify the Canadian dealers to not perform service. Not to mention the manufacturer will trace the vin back to the originating dealer. Tell your dealer friend to be prepared for a lashing.

All explained on the above Webpage. To quote Roy "oh the webs we weave, when we attempt to deceive". This friends of friends buddy stuff lends you no credibility.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 PM
supersurfr is infamous around these parts
Recall Letters

Are the rules the same if the car's warranty has expired ?
Im referring to Porsches, not any other car.

Last edited by supersurfr; 09-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Well, I have sold WELL over 300 Used Lamborghinis in the last 4 years...and I have sent them to locations such as UAE, Japan, South Korea, Sweden, South America etc etc..NEVER ONE INTO Canada..with the exception of the older ones that ARE allowed in.

So lets review, common sense here..I am in Busioness to MAKE MONEY.

I AM probably the CLOSET Dealer to Canada for these cars, less than 75 miles from the Vancover B.C. boarder.

DO YOU NOT THINK THAT IF THERE WAS A WAY, (Above board, not behind the back sneak and hope) TO GET CARS TO CUSTOMERS JUST NORTH OF ME AND PROBABLY INCREASE MY SALES BY AT LEAST 15% I WOULD HAVE GOT THAT DONE BY NOW.!!!!!????????

I am done, no more to say...you are welcome to keep DREAMING for now, or just keep doing the back room Deals with the so called "friends" and HOPE it dont come back to BITE you in the A$$.

Because as old is it gets, it is still true!!

"If it sounds to good to be true.......it normally is."

Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
First off did you even bother to ask if there was a way to legall import without the need of a recall clearance letter? When I called the RIV roughly two weeks ago a gentlement named KYLE informed me that Recall Clearance letters were no longer required AS LONG AS THE SERVICE RECALL CAMPAIGN SCREENSHOT was provided in leiu of it, so give Kyle a call OR call back the guy you spoke to today and ask.
Also the reason I say a "someone knows someone etc" is because if I said who my contacts/friends/associates are I might as well close my doors and put up my entire client list for every dealer/broker to pillage.
Did you even bother to ask if what I was saying carried any weight? as a matter of fact i'm flying to Centerville Utah to drive back the 05 Mansory Continental GT I just bought for a client and i'm going to use the screen shot from their service computer.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
How can YOU above ALL PEOPLE accuse anyone of being anything but 100% honest, if I blatantly told everyone how to do everything I wouldn't have a business, but anyone reading this with half a brain should be able to figure out who I was talking about, by this I mean cdn's familar with cdn dealers.
And by the way out of being in this business personally for 6 years now and being G.M of Autoforum before moving on to start North York Luxury Sports and Imports and then eventually going on my own I have NEVER done anyone wrong or had ONE complaint about me, maybe the worst i'm guilty of is not being timely with my return phone calls, so yes Roy you of all people shouldn't throw stones when YOU live in a big *** glass house that's had it's walls shattered MORE THEN ONCE on one of these forums, so you could have easily just have THOUGHT about it and maybe realized that although you SELL more cars then me I IMPORT DAY AND NIGHT and just maybe I know what i'm talking about, I don't care that someone you know at Lambo told you some inside info and i dont doubt that you know some info I don't but as I said before letters aren't even required anymore UNLESS this has changed in the last couple of weeks but as far as I know it hasn't.
Did anyone stop to think that why would James tell us to call the R.I.V for himself if he didn't truly believe what he was told? no some people just looked for the quickest way to bash me and most likely never even asked if my comments weres true.
God damn i wish my friend would come and shove these letters etc down every ones throats and shut you all up for once, however since Roy's a sponsor and i've let the cat out of the bag that maybe he's not the greatest gift to cars as everyone thinks he is that i'm sure that most if not all of my post will be deleted before anyone gets to read it.
So sorry it had to come to this Roy but you really are a D ICK, first for jumping down my throat when your ******bag Bentley buddy called you whining about me "asking too many questions" so would someone who what was it again "doing back room deals" care enough to ask why the car he was trying to be sold had a new engine after 20,000 miles and because it needed new turbo's?! you know and I know NO engine would need to be replaced over faulty turbo's well at least i've never heard of it, and what were your comments? Just buy it or move on? no Roy I can't afford to put my clients at risk by SELLING/BROKERING them ONE BAD CAR, that ONE BAD DEAL COULD AND WOULD MOST LIKELY ruin me in this day and age of the internet... So whatever I don't care theres always going to be people that like you and thats great but theres always going to be people that feel otherwise(like the 10 that have sent me PM'S over this thread) so it's really up to people to decide for themselves what there oppinon may be.
I cannot and will not mention who my friend is but have asked him to come on and at least back me up and i'm fairly confident once everyone see's who he is they will maybe just maybe give me some credit or better yet go on f-caht and ask the canadian sections who they should call if they wanted a Ferrari/exotic imported.
There will always be people that are bitter they went through a dealer to import and get pissed when they find out they paid THOUSANDS more then they really had to or those people that will only buy from a licenced dealer which is fine it's your money spend it how you wish, I know if I had that kind of dough I would spend it however the hell I liked it but for whatever reason seem to dislike me for for reasons I'll never really know or just sheer spite for telling them after the fact.
And this all started because I tried to save you guy's tens of thousands of dollars and NOT once did i say anyone had to deal with me, I simply said do your research and you'll realize that there are people out there like me who can save you a ton of money on your exotic/luxury purchase/import.
So since I can't "prove" my point this will be the last I say in this thread as it turned into a big pissing contest cause Roy had to show his might on the internet with "secrets" only he knows, who give a **** really if you really cared about your clients you'd share these "secrets" and help them save some dough like I try to.
And regardless of what happens from this thread i will ALWAYS have my core clients who have kept me in business since going on my own, would anyone like to take a guess why? it's because of the tens of thousands of dollars I saved them EVERYTIME they've gotten a car through me, whether it be me lowering my fee or going to Rolls Royce in England for a recall letter so they didn't have to pay the $1000 it used to cost.
Cheers and good night!
James Simpson

Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JamesSimpson
How can YOU above ALL PEOPLE accuse anyone of being anything but 100% honest, if I blatantly told everyone how to do everything I wouldn't have a business, but anyone reading this with half a brain should be able to figure out who I was talking about, by this I mean cdn's familar with cdn dealers.
And by the way out of being in this business personally for 6 years now and being G.M of Autoforum before moving on to start North York Luxury Sports and Imports and then eventually going on my own I have NEVER done anyone wrong or had ONE complaint about me, maybe the worst i'm guilty of is not being timely with my return phone calls, so yes Roy you of all people shouldn't throw stones when YOU live in a big *** glass house that's had it's walls shattered MORE THEN ONCE on one of these forums, so you could have easily just have THOUGHT about it and maybe realized that although you SELL more cars then me I IMPORT DAY AND NIGHT and just maybe I know what i'm talking about, I don't care that someone you know at Lambo told you some inside info and i dont doubt that you know some info I don't but as I said before letters aren't even required anymore UNLESS this has changed in the last couple of weeks but as far as I know it hasn't.
Did anyone stop to think that why would James tell us to call the R.I.V for himself if he didn't truly believe what he was told? no some people just looked for the quickest way to bash me and most likely never even asked if my comments weres true.
God damn i wish my friend would come and shove these letters etc down every ones throats and shut you all up for once, however since Roy's a sponsor and i've let the cat out of the bag that maybe he's not the greatest gift to cars as everyone thinks he is that i'm sure that most if not all of my post will be deleted before anyone gets to read it.
So sorry it had to come to this Roy but you really are a D ICK, first for jumping down my throat when your ******bag Bentley buddy called you whining about me "asking too many questions" so would someone who what was it again "doing back room deals" care enough to ask why the car he was trying to be sold had a new engine after 20,000 miles and because it needed new turbo's?! you know and I know NO engine would need to be replaced over faulty turbo's well at least i've never heard of it, and what were your comments? Just buy it or move on? no Roy I can't afford to put my clients at risk by SELLING/BROKERING them ONE BAD CAR, that ONE BAD DEAL COULD AND WOULD MOST LIKELY ruin me in this day and age of the internet... So whatever I don't care theres always going to be people that like you and thats great but theres always going to be people that feel otherwise(like the 10 that have sent me PM'S over this thread) so it's really up to people to decide for themselves what there oppinon may be.
I cannot and will not mention who my friend is but have asked him to come on and at least back me up and i'm fairly confident once everyone see's who he is they will maybe just maybe give me some credit or better yet go on f-caht and ask the canadian sections who they should call if they wanted a Ferrari/exotic imported.
There will always be people that are bitter they went through a dealer to import and get pissed when they find out they paid THOUSANDS more then they really had to or those people that will only buy from a licenced dealer which is fine it's your money spend it how you wish, I know if I had that kind of dough I would spend it however the hell I liked it but for whatever reason seem to dislike me for for reasons I'll never really know or just sheer spite for telling them after the fact.
And this all started because I tried to save you guy's tens of thousands of dollars and NOT once did i say anyone had to deal with me, I simply said do your research and you'll realize that there are people out there like me who can save you a ton of money on your exotic/luxury purchase/import.
So since I can't "prove" my point this will be the last I say in this thread as it turned into a big pissing contest cause Roy had to show his might on the internet with "secrets" only he knows, who give a **** really if you really cared about your clients you'd share these "secrets" and help them save some dough like I try to.
And regardless of what happens from this thread i will ALWAYS have my core clients who have kept me in business since going on my own, would anyone like to take a guess why? it's because of the tens of thousands of dollars I saved them EVERYTIME they've gotten a car through me, whether it be me lowering my fee or going to Rolls Royce in England for a recall letter so they didn't have to pay the $1000 it used to cost.
Cheers and good night!
James Simpson
WOW, you really read a pot and get what you want from it..

I never said you were dishonest..but if thats how you read it..I am sorry for your fear in thinking that...

this HAS never been about IMPORTING cars...I have no knowledge or direct experiance in importing any cars you speak of to Canada with the exception of LAMBORGHINI. I am sure others can and are brought in all day...but I dont deal in them so there is no need for me to have the extra knowledge or tips you have on them, only the Lamborghini question of import into Canada.

Good Morning

Old 11-28-2009, 10:08 AM
jazzman50 is infamous around these parts
So i am on the path to my new 911 c2 cab . I called the dealer in pennsylvania and he said no problem getting the recall letter after i asked him if he would do the 100 point inspection for me . That will cost one hour of labour whatever thats worth . Once i have that i guess i am off to the races send it to the US customs today and get my car up here for the next part the canadian inspection