HELP! recall letter for canadians

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, i bought a 996 turbo from the US and Porsche don't want to give me the recall letter, anyone had that problem? What have you done? Man i am in deep sh*t.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !

Really? Who wants them back? The French?

Oh wait, sorry, just read your thread . . .

Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
west coast is infamous around these parts
I recently did this also with a 996 and had no problem,went to a U.S. dealer near me (B.C.) and they did it in a couple of mins for a small charge, just make sure that they know it is for "private" import and it should not be a problem , a Canadian dealer might not be so willing to help they don't like the loss of business, also you could contact Porsche America direct and they should also help if the other method doesn't work.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
this is what i did, i contacted Porsche USA and they took my VIN and all my info, as if they were going to send me the paper and then they said, sorry, we don't give those letter anymore. We now have your VIN so you won't be able to import your car to Canada. I will try to see with a dealership in the states but i am afraid they won't want to give me that letter since Porsche USA wrote down in their system not to give me the letter.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
That is the first i have heard. I think you should try dealership, and are you sure there are no outstanding recalls that needs to be done?

Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by kcphuah
That is the first i have heard. I think you should try dealership, and are you sure there are no outstanding recalls that needs to be done?
well if there was an outstanding recall that needed to be made they would have just said i can't give you a recall letter as you have a recall that needs to be made. In that case, i would have had the recall done and get the letter after.

I know they decided not to give that letter recently because of the high canadian money value, this is their only way they have to stop people from importing cars from the US to Canada. The money is hurting the canadian dealers a lot and this is why they do that.

a friend of mine was able to get that letter two years ago so they used to give it (or at least, sell it for 75$). I am trying with dealership but it is kinda hard to ask this to a dealership you never met and ask for a favor. Still, i am trying every possible avenue.

I wanted to know if anyone had that kind of problem recently or am i the first unlucky one.

thanks guys.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
west coast is infamous around these parts
I did mine this summer in August and there was no problem, dealer charged $20.00 I believe, Porsche only has a problem with selling new cars to Canadians, used are not a big deal according to the dealer I talked to,while I was there there were two "used" 07 turbos on a trailer heading north. Maybe they could help you out,get it to you by fax or something. The dealer I used was Roger Jobs Porsche in Bellingham Washington, worth a try.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by west coast
I did mine this summer in August and there was no problem, dealer charged $20.00 I believe, Porsche only has a problem with selling new cars to Canadians, used are not a big deal according to the dealer I talked to,while I was there there were two "used" 07 turbos on a trailer heading north. Maybe they could help you out,get it to you by fax or something. The dealer I used was Roger Jobs Porsche in Bellingham Washington, worth a try.
thanks a lot, i appreciate it, could you please send me an e-mail to pumalex@hotmail.com, i would like to send you a PM but i can't since i don't have enough posts.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:01 AM
guy1755 is infamous around these parts
Hi!

I have the same problem with the recall letter from Porsche. Since october 2007, have you found a way to get the letter, so will be out of that ****?

Thanks,

Guy

Old 06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
you got to find a US dealer that will print you the report saying it doesn't have any undone recall and then that dealer needs to put his stamp on the report and the guy who did it need to put his initials on top of the stamp.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:58 PM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
Still need some help?
I know some cool guys at my dealer.
I could ask them if you like.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I'd call the mounties...

Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 AM
2slow2go is infamous around these parts
Hey let me know how this works out for you.

I am looking to purchase a 06/07 cayman next spring from the U.S. privately. I was going to post to ask people what the experience has been like. How difficult/costs etc. Sorry don't mean to thread jack.

Anyone living in the GTA area done this? What avenues did you take?

If anyone has information could you please email me at: rayandumasia@gmail.com

I would greatly appreciate any advice and help.

Thanks

Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
whtrabt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gareeb
Still need some help?
I know some cool guys at my dealer.
I could ask them if you like.
Gareeb....you think you can help me out? I already have the car in Canada and the local dealers are being real A#%^#$ about getting me the letter. Basically he said he has to do a full inspection and then anything he finds I will have to fix through them. And he laughingly said to me over the phone "and I always find something wrong". I don't see how he needs to do an inspection for a recall letter. And they're not even allowed to do the final federal inspection so he really has no say in what I have to change and by who. That's the job of the federal inspection place and only one place is allowed to do it up here in Canada. So I don't want to bring it to them as he is the service manager and knows all my info and we only have one dealer in the city. Let me know if you guys can help me out. I can send the VIN and get the letter faxed? Let me know.

Max

Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
HATE to say it...BUT you are probably the first un-lucky one.!

Porsche as well as Lamborghini (the first to do it) and soon tobe followed by Ferrari and many other high end car companys WILL NOT allow their US Dealer to provide a recall letter.

WHY?

Very Very SIMPLE...M O N E Y !!

The Up north Dealers can NOT compete withthe current USA prices..and in ALL DEALER agreements there is a portion that specificaly SPELLS out that ONLY the FACTORY may authorize a Dealer to perfrom and PROVIDE the recall letter.

Just recently LAMBORGHINI Dealers in USA where AGAIN advised that THEY CAN NOT provide the recall letter and of course the North guys WONT and DONT want to give you, or ask the factory to provide one as they want to sell THEIR cars.

IN PART...the letter that has gone out to Lamborghini, Porsche, Audi, VW and as I have been told with in days to Ferrari reads:

"Be aware that Canada LAW requires a written conformation from the MANUFACTURER to certify that a vehicle in question complies with the E.P.A./D.O.T. and is cleared for recall......We the FACTORY shall not provide these recall letters to for Canadian customers purchasing USA cars.......WE consider any involvement in such as a violation of your DEALER agreement and RESERVE the right to take legal action as well as civil damages against any USA Dealer that makes the recall letter available"

It was bound to happen, they cant survive up there if all you do is come down here and get a car at 30 and 40% lower price..

If you can, sell it back in the USA...

Roy Cats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! recall letter for canadians