Any Seattle members work for Microsoft?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
20" rim? Did it get 1" bigger since I last checked! OUCH!!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M32911S
Hmm I didn't know I had to offer something in advance. If someone needs dental work I would be more than happy to see what I can do. Dude go back, read, and explain to me how you were not being arrogant or an a$$, but I am sure you already know that. You are attacking me of acting vagina-ish...I think you need to get some seems you have too much steam built inside of you.
I never said I wasn't being arrogant or an *** (you never "attacked" me of acting as such). I drive a bright red bmw...I think those characteristics are PRE-REQUISITES!

How can I "attack you of acting vagina-ish"? That doesn't make sense. Hitler/Germany ATTACKED Poland, I simply pointed out the obvious.

Apparently logic and sense making are extra-curricular at Vagina University...

Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
PS Jay...

I've been F*c*ing with you from the get go....you're just easy to get a rise out of and people were agging me on...

You can calm down now =P

You were just todays entertainment. I truely have nothing against you. I've even reaped the benefits of having friends working for microsoft.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 PM
mattkins99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atomic80
20" rim? Did it get 1" bigger since I last checked! OUCH!!!!
since you last checked??????

Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Matt loves Rims. Especially bent ones. In fact, I don't think matt likes anything that can be labeled "Straight"

=P

Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
mattkins99 is infamous around these parts
Woooo Mitchel... if that's why you've been hangning out with me and calling me to go out to Breakfast on weekends... um... ya... I don't know how to break this to you...

My ideal "life partner" has ***** and no ***** (ever). (man ***** and tucking it between your legs doesn't count... so don't try)

Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Matt...If this were a pudgy pageant, I would win, hands down.

Your ideal life partner should exist before you even take the ***** into consideration =P

I know of a skank in portland with ***** that you could probably throw it in if you need to though...Just try to convince her that I'll take her back but she has to go through you first and you're smooth sailing!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Who here has "bent a rim".... who here has "polished a rim"... I'm guilty of both.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Matt told me his secret to curing Rim Rash, it involves an organic bondo of some sort..

Old 12-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
my girl works at MS and she will buy it for family and very close friends. that is it. People at MS have been fired for programs.

Lets say she buys it for someone. that person lets another friend borrow it and they download a copy, then they let a friend borrow and that person makes a pirate copy..my GF gets fired for it. It happened just a couple months ago in her dept with an employee. Too risky for people you don't know to buy a program and lose your job.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brucem
my girl works at MS and she will buy it for family and very close friends. that is it. People at MS have been fired for programs.

Lets say she buys it for someone that makes a pirate copy..my GF gets fired for it. Too risky for people you don't know to buy a program and lose your job.

Although you could possible spend a whole bunch more quality time with her if she didn't have that damn job

Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 PM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
This whole thread was very entertaining!!!!! Too funny. I work for the big shoe company in Portland...have for 28 years....it's funny how so many people ask for the hook up.....Can you get me a couple pairs of shoes? Even some of the car shops ask the same question....when I ask if I can get 50% off of service.....they just about fall of their chairs..... since I work in IT maybe I could get a few of my guy's to build a shop a couple of UI's.....ya...that should get me some free service....

Last edited by rbuisa; 01-09-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow back from the past

I don't work for Microsoft but Windows 7 was MY Idea

Old 01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
rbuisa is infamous around these parts
shoot.....I was sure it was mine.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 PM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mattkins99
As for software, I'm not an FTE (Full Time Employee,) so I can't buy stuff at the store but it has always been my understanding that as long as FTEs don't sell it for a profit, the company doesn't care. I remember seeing signs at the cash register stating that there was a new policy that if the badge holder (FTE) wasn't going to be the one paying, that the transaction MUST be in cash. Hell, they even have a cash machine in the store so people can do this. I might be wrong on the policy as I don't exactly get updates about it... but IIRC, that's how it is.
I'm at Microsoft (one of the Bellevue offices) I bring my car to work every day. Sometimes park in the garage, though I have to be careful, I set off someone's car alarm reversing to get to a spot. =/

I'm not an FTE either (I wouldn't be surprised to find out there are more contractors at MS than FTE). My PM took me to the store and let me load up on windows 7 and xbox games. At the register they told me "guests would have to pay in cash". I didn't have enough cash on me so he paid. He indicated that he never manages to use up his full allotment so he didn't mind at all. In exchange we drove there in my car which he seemed to really enjoy.

By the way, except for the OS and business apps, the discounts are not significantly great. I saw some stuff on newegg for about the same price as the store.

Now, that being said, I think you took the wrong approach when you came here looking for someoen you don't know to bascially go out of there way to help you and consume some of a limited resource they have. I think you should have started with:

"Hi, my name is ..., I work at ..., I get discounts on the following stuff ..., and I would love to meet up with someone from Microsoft and see if we can swap discounts sometime. I'm looking for a copy of ..., thanks!"

Best of luck to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Seattle members work for Microsoft?