I'm in a Porsche Commercial!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:48 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in a Porsche Commercial!!!

Barrier Porsche asked me to be in one of their 2008 commercials for the Porsche Dealership. It was so much fun. Filmed both inside a home and some outside next to the car, in the car, shifting, etc. I have never done anything like that so suddenly got stage freight and will probably look and sound like a complete dork, but hopefully they have good editors. I will be the blond in the blue outfit next to the white C4S (wish my turbo had been here for this). Since the commercial may air before I meet you guys, you will recognize me when me when I can finally join you for some drives. Will start airing in March or April. (Don't worry, I am going to keep my day job!!!)

Old 02-22-2008, 09:56 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
That is pretty cool -- I will keep an eye out for it...

For the record... they should pay you.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 PM
cap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant future
Will it air nationwide? Or just upload the video to youtube

Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
sweeeet! i need some celebrity friends

Old 02-22-2008, 11:32 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Very cool, congrads. I think your C4S is cool.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:58 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
why would Porsche use a 996 for its commercial? I'd think they'd want to promo their latest model...

Old 02-23-2008, 08:48 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
why would Porsche use a 996 for its commercial? I'd think they'd want to promo their latest model...
My guess is that they're advertising the dealership itself not their cars. Strange reasoning I guess.

Congratulations, Greta. I don't watch TV that much so I hope to somehow catch it! Now that I think of it I don't think I've ever seen a commercial from Barrier on tv before.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:54 AM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
They did not use my 996C4S - they actually brought out a brand new 997C4S in white since my TT was not here yet. That was as close to what I had/am getting that they could do - but it was beautiful - I wanted to take it home with me. I tried to talk Jimmy's partner into letter me borrow his new white GT3RS for the day, but you know what that answer was The good news is that one of the guys from the advertising agency may be interested in buying my car - keep your fingers crossed!

They didn't pay us, nor did I care about that. We are getting a dinner certificate to Daniels Broiler and a CD of the photoshoot and a still shot (framed I think). When it comes time to negotiate the purchase of my TT and trade in/or sale of my two cars (my C4S if it doesn't sell and my DD - Mercedes Benz), we can settle up then!

Last edited by gretapass; 02-23-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:00 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Daniels and the upper hand in negotiation... good plan!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:36 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
greta! that's soooooooo cool! hahahaha! wow!!! i can't wait to see it! maybe if they send you the info on it, you can copy/paste the link here!

congrats! that really is way cool!

look out hollywood! here comes gretaaaaa!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
My guess is that they're advertising the dealership itself not their cars. Strange reasoning I guess.

Congratulations, Greta. I don't watch TV that much so I hope to somehow catch it! Now that I think of it I don't think I've ever seen a commercial from Barrier on tv before.
Yes, I should have said a "Barrier" commercial versus just Porsche. As you know Jason, I am a very loyal Barrier customer - I think they are all just great down there and they have done very good for me in service and sales. We also own two Mercedes. There are actually Barrier commercials on quite frequently - but if you don't watch TV, that explains why you haven't seen one. I'll try to post it when I get the CD.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:11 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
The only time I watch TV is during football season...

It's cool to be in a commercial though.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
WOW a movie star too... This 6 speed crew is the mnizzle.. Can't wait to meet some of you soon..

Old 04-14-2008, 06:43 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Saw the commercial for the first time today. I was like, hey, I bought my track wheels from her.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:44 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by David_J
Saw the commercial for the first time today. I was like, hey, I bought my track wheels from her.
If I had a nickel for every person you bought wheels from...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm in a Porsche Commercial!!!