Late Notice: Ocean Shores Drive March 1st/2nd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
That does sound like fun. Not sure if i can commit as my turbo just got hauled away on a flatbed truck this morning. I was out driving last night and kaboom! lots of steam and antifreeze on the road and a hot engine. We'll see what they find. This is the second time this has happened and the fourth time my car has piggy-backed on a flatbed. Anyone else have this problem?

WOW bad deal bro moded cars suck!

I need to find the issue(s) with mine.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:37 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
That does sound like fun. Not sure if i can commit as my turbo just got hauled away on a flatbed truck this morning. I was out driving last night and kaboom! lots of steam and antifreeze on the road and a hot engine. We'll see what they find. This is the second time this has happened and the fourth time my car has piggy-backed on a flatbed. Anyone else have this problem?
What was the water temp prior to this happening?

That's what boils my blood about cars. They'll throw a check engine light equivalent to "Danger Will Robinson Danger!" but when the water temp hits critical freaking mass, a little amber/red light pops up on your gauge cluster in a cavalier way.

Did one of the coolant hoses burst prior to the overheating or did they burst because it was overheating? What caused it previously, the water pump?

Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about the car wilcoxmd

However, I am up for a drive, I do not intend on spending the night.

I also, have no interest in the said "manwich"

Old 02-26-2008, 12:57 AM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
Sorry to hear about the car wilcoxmd

However, I am up for a drive, I do not intend on spending the night.

I also, have no interest in the said "manwich"

It was more of a joke in reference to the people staying the night. there's like 9+ dudes staying in 3 rooms total.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:48 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Bet you its a coolant hose thats blown. Happened to me once and I almost **** my pants

Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Man that sucks. As Jag said, probable just a hose. Or at least we hope so.

Air-cooled cars rock

Old 02-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute

Where does steam come from on a 911? Antifreeze (?) sounds like the windshield wiper bottle got a leak.

I kid, sorry.

Maybe you blew a water hose.

Now that read all the post, it seams I'm late to the watercooled game.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Saturday looks like it is going to be rainy anyhow. Anyone up for a drive on Sunday?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32911S
Saturday looks like it is going to be rainy anyhow. Anyone up for a drive on Sunday?
I'll be busy at a BBQ.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !

i'll be busy at a bbq as well.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Ah u mean JP's bbq I assume. If everyone is busy then I will spend the day looking for condo's I guess (not much fun).

Old 02-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear you're having problems.....It's a terrible feeling to watch your car get hauled away on a flatbed.

On another note, this is mainly a BMW drive and I know plenty of people would love to see your ///M6

Old 02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is infamous around these parts
This is a rain or shine event....

The current forecast shows possible rain on Saturday with no rain on Sunday so the drive back will be excellent....

Weather forecasts haven't been worth a crap lately anyway....

Would love to some some P-cars and F-cars out if possible

Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Sl33p3rS4

The current forecast shows possible rain on Saturday with no rain on Sunday so the drive back will be excellent....

From the looks of it I doubt you will see any F-cars or P-cars unfortunately.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 PM
deafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sl33p3rS4

haha...thanks for the post James.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

I understand that this is very short notice for many of you so I am obviously not really expecting many of you to come out. For those that do, I am sure you will enjoy some of the roads that we will be taking.

The weather is looking like there will be a little precipitation, but the forecasts are always wrong, so who knows.

Hope to see some of you out there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Late Notice: Ocean Shores Drive March 1st/2nd