Late Notice: Ocean Shores Drive March 1st/2nd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:45 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Josh is right...what bothers me is how conscending both you and Jay have been about this whole incident. That's what really bothers me. Anyways, I'm not going to say any more about this topic because I'm really tired of talking about it. Especially since it feels like I'm talking to a wall.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:51 AM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atomic80
Josh is right...what bothers me is how conscending both you and Jay have been about this whole incident. That's what really bothers me. Anyways, I'm not going to say any more about this topic because I'm really tired of talking about it. Especially since it feels like I'm talking to a wall.
Which “incident” are you referring to? Jay’s driving incident? Look, the reason you feel like you’re talking to a wall is because you guys are paying attention to all the wrong sort of details. You can’t stay focused. This conversation isn’t about whether or not Jay did or did not screw up. I wasn’t there, and never implied that I was. If it happened, it’s highly out of character and so be it. It has nothing to do with the fact that this whole argument started with (and is about) a condescending attitude toward the gracious hosts of an invitation to a drive. I’m amazed that you’re now evoking condescension at this point of the discussion. Are you kidding?

Old 03-09-2008, 01:18 AM
deafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura about
drama

well made points by several parties though.

there definitely are some people that came on the drive that I dont necessarily plan on driving with again. but i wouldnt necessarily blame that on the group as a whole. there is always going to be new, upcoming people that want to come out to meets.

i am not going to get into defending or criticizing anyone because it wouldnt do any good. i will say though, that there are always going to be new people and that you have to live and learn. you just have to find out who you feel comfortable driving with and then go from there. there are some of you on this board that i know and would feel comfortable driving around and then there are people on here that i dont know and have not driven with. but i wouldnt place my judgment on anyone until after i have driven with them or have heard things from those i trust.

i am sure many of of you are great drivers, but i am also sure there are some of you out there that arent very good.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:50 AM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by producerjohn
Which “incident” are you referring to? Jay’s driving incident? Look, the reason you feel like you’re talking to a wall is because you guys are paying attention to all the wrong sort of details. You can’t stay focused. This conversation isn’t about whether or not Jay did or did not screw up. I wasn’t there, and never implied that I was. If it happened, it’s highly out of character and so be it. It has nothing to do with the fact that this whole argument started with (and is about) a condescending attitude toward the gracious hosts of an invitation to a drive. I’m amazed that you’re now evoking condescension at this point of the discussion. Are you kidding?
This is 6speed...look at EVERY thread here. They all go on different tangents.

I don't think you're fitting in here too well man.

And Cole, There are only good mature drivers here. The only messup I've seen to date is Jay's passing antics (a few people saw his little almost incident in the whole foods parking lot as well, where he was speeding through the backlot and almost got tboned).

Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 AM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deafboy
drama

i am sure many of of you are great drivers, but i am also sure there are some of you out there that arent very good.

And with that said , even then mistakes in judgement can be made by both parties ..

Old 03-09-2008, 10:41 PM
deafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura aboutdeafboy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
This is 6speed...look at EVERY thread here. They all go on different tangents.

I don't think you're fitting in here too well man.

And Cole, There are only good mature drivers here. The only messup I've seen to date is Jay's passing antics (a few people saw his little almost incident in the whole foods parking lot as well, where he was speeding through the backlot and almost got tboned).
Well I cant really speak for Jay since I wasnt there and didnt see it. Perhaps a judgement call at the time?

I've only been on a couple drives with Jay but from what I have seen he is a good driver which makes me think that, that particular mishap was a simple misjudgment call. Which we have all had at some point.

I'll take your word for the rest though considering how brutally honest you are.

Originally Posted by EM5PWR
And with that said , even then mistakes in judgement can be made by both parties ..
exactly.

I know we all have made misjudgments and certain times in our driving lives, whether we want to admit it or not. It's all about learning from them.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
After speaking with a few other 6speeders at lunch, it looks like Jay did the same exact thing on the Deception Pass drive.

I don't see how someone could be so oblivious to this stuff. Not only does he argue it even though multiple people have witnessed it, he thinks he's done nothing wrong or incorrect. This kind of stuff goes without saying. We shouldn't have to A. tell someone not to pass when it's going to be a "close call" and B. Argue with them over the fact. No sensible person can argue that it's ok, smart or acceptable to FORCE oncoming cars off the road so you can pass safely.

Do you know what happens after a wreck like that on a "club drive"? Why do you think I chastized Melia so much after plowing into the lancer and nearly killing all involved partys on that DTM drive oh so long ago? Why do you think I chastized everyone that said "it's ok" after that dumbass was driving in heels and making retarded moves in her car? Why do you think the CCA makes people sign waivers etc?

I'll tell you why. Because when you drive as club or a group, that puts the organizer and/or the club at legal risk. Erratic drivers are a legal liability.

This is the main reason you will NEVER see me on a bimmerforums or dtm drive any time soon. You guys accomodate stupid kids and laugh at things you should be ashamed of.

So lets say I organize a drive. From Point A to Point B. Lets say Jay is on the drive and decides to pass up a hill, crests the hill and slams into a family van, only the father survives. That guy can sue Jay if he's still alive and he can sue me as well. If this were an official club drive like 6speed or bmwcca, he could also sue the organization.

Think I'm crazy? Look at how many people were sued after Ben Keaton hit a wall on a racetrack...and that was on a race track where waivers are signed and everyone is trained to prepare for and expect the worst.

I'm done trying to spread common sense in this thread though.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:35 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
If I go on a drive with you guys, you dont have to worry about me driving crazy, my car isnt fast or cool enough to drive fast in.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 AM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
First off I never pass while going uphill, nor do I pass going around a corner...basically I will not pass unless I can clearly see what is ahead and have an adequate amount of room to pass safely. From what I recall the incident you are referring to on the St. Helen's drive occured when I was behind the 996tt and we were both in the passing lane. Now if myself or anyone else is passing another car that is on the drive, and there is a car coming ahead in the opposite direction, should the car you are passing not slow down a bit so you can safely merge over? Or should that car just continue on WOT causing perhaps the person passing to have to wait until the last few seconds to merge back (and causing the cars up ahead to get onto the median)? I find it hard to believe that not a single other member has been in a similar situation. Also, you act as if I purposely did whatever may have happened and label it as a stunt.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 AM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
you will NEVER see me on a bimmerforums or dtm drive any time soon.
Sweet!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:49 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Okay, I've had it. Jay and John, you're not wanted on any of the drives that I arrange, end of story. Take care.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is infamous around these parts
This thread makes me sad in my pants

The internet isn't serious business....All comments made concerning gayness with sharing rooms and all that was obviously a joke....No need to take it seriously.

The group of people here on 6speed is great....I am no where near baller status, and whether I show up to a meet in my Gaymaro SS or back when I had my S4, I always felt welcomed, fit right in with the group, and had a great time.

There isn't any of the elitist bull**** with this group....It may come off that way online, but its all in fun.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ahhh it may be because your car is faster then most of ours...Talk about humbling a guy when a gheymarow blows you away.

My first car was an 85HO 4bolt with a 700R4 and a qudrajunk. with a few bolt on that thing was as quick a the 96 'vette that had just came out. Aww I miss that car. I will own another 'Maro maybe a split bumper set up for a road course.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
^^^ahhh it may be because your car is faster then most of ours...Talk about humbling a guy when a gheymarow blows you away.

My first car was an 85HO 4bolt with a 700R4 and a qudrajunk. with a few bolt on that thing was as quick a the 96 'vette that had just came out. Aww I miss that car. I will own another 'Maro maybe a split bumper set up for a road course.

With my big *** in my car it is probably capable of a mid 12 second pass down the 1320'. Friend ran a 12.80 in his modded SRT4 and I beat him on a regular basis by a couple car lengths on the top end and more on the bottom end if I can hook.

But if you take a normal sized person with some driving skills and put them in it then who knows what it would run.

I = 2.3 normal sized men

Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
hahahahahaha.... WOW!!!! This is a funny thread, whats up with everyone here?? I was complaining earlier to Jodi about missing the drives. Now I'm really complaining cause I love all this drama. This is a funny thread to read... though it was a bit too long for my ADD. You have one side complaining, another defending, the other being in the offensive mode, while the other is figuring out if they should switch from zone coverage to man-to-man. This has all the excitement of a sporting event. Next time there is an event.., I want to join.

By the way, Mitchel love the M3. I had a 96 or 97 (can’t remember now) helrot M3 two door.. (sick color) had it for 1 hour before it was slammed into a tree and totaled on a 25mph turn that I took a little bit faster. It was the first time I drove rear wheel drive and I took off the traction control. Sad part is, it was the only tree there and it wanted me. Got a 97 4 door M3 afterwards.., one of my favorite cars to date.

Anyways, get back to *****ing guys. Its entertaining and I have nothing better to do today.

Jason, do you still have the E39 M5? I saw a guy selling my old white E39 M5 recently.. Supposedly added some Dinan stuff to it. Strange though, cause the mileage is the same as when I sold it. Don’t know if he drove it or not.., or changed the instrument cluster cause its been over 3 years since I traded it in.

-Bojan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Late Notice: Ocean Shores Drive March 1st/2nd