Many Thanks to Aaron, Mike and Matt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Greta..i know people have they way they do things...but they way motors are built in todays standards..and how tight the tolerances are...cars really do not need break in periods. Cars that are broken in the way the car is driven show higher HP than cars that are not. Just think..all the race teams out there do not drive them 3000 miles to break it in. Don't worry if you go over.. the motor will not blow or have damange

Old 04-23-2008, 09:12 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brucem
Greta..i know people have they way they do things...but they way motors are built in todays standards..and how tight the tolerances are...cars really do not need break in periods. Cars that are broken in the way the car is driven show higher HP than cars that are not. Just think..all the race teams out there do not drive them 3000 miles to break it in. Don't worry if you go over.. the motor will not blow or have damange
Yes, I have heard this school of thought also, but decided for me, since I hope to keep this car for a very long time, to do it according to the manual - better safe than sorry. It will be a very loooonnnnngggg 2000 miles, but I'll get the need for redlining out of my system in Birmingham (Porsche Sport Driving School) in two weeks in their cars!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gretapass
I am really trying to behave myself during this break in period. I made a quick trip from my house in South Bellevue last night to Whole Foods (VIA SNOQUALMIE PASS) and ACCIDENTLY went just alittle above the 4200 rpms, OOOPS!
Over 4200 rpms prior to the end of your break in. I think your factory warranty is null and void. It's ok hopefully you won't need a warranty on it anyway.

Bruce the GT3 engine does have a recommended break in period. These engines are a large part different then the standard 997's so I also agree with you on Greta really not worrying about a break in.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=H20SKIER;1813016]Over 4200 rpms prior to the end of your break in. I think your factory warranty is null and void. It's ok hopefully you won't need a warranty on it anyway.

Very funny I only went 4300 rpms so I am not worried!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
That's okay, I think the Turbo can forgive you for that small transaggression.