Crater Lake Oregon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:57 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Crater Lake Oregon

Ok Northwesterners I think we need to pick a date late July or August and head to this place. I've lived close all my life and never been. Tell me about the place and when is a good time to go.

Possibly go on the way for Burgers? Bruce and Ben?

Snap some photos have a nice lunch and take in the place. It looks real cool

Old 05-16-2008, 08:48 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
You guys will LOVE this place

I went there for the first time last fall and I was just simply in awe at this place. It's definitely no place for speeding though so PLEASE keep that in mind when you drive there. There's also a GREAT joint just down the hill with delicious pies, eats, etc. Larry led the way and oh yeah there's a good stretch heading there and back. We were FLYING on those roads. Overall, a great trip for anyone thinking about going. In fact, if the timing works for me, I'm in too.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
been close to it driving from Medford to Kfalls 3 or 4 times and never been there. If it has to do with driving and not just pictures I am in!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i'm in for driving AND pictures. =D you have to DRIVE there in order to get pictures! =P

oh...and the pies and lunch sound good too!

Old 05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
This is a very good idea. Pick me up on the way down

Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
This is a very good idea. Pick me up on the way down
Pick you up? But you can't possibly expect me to carry you all the way down. My arms/back would get tired.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
I'll try to lose some weight by then J!

Old 05-16-2008, 12:52 PM
That ill help...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Ok Northwesterners I think we need to pick a date late July or August and head to this place. I've lived close all my life and never been. Tell me about the place and when is a good time to go.

Possibly go on the way for Burgers? Bruce and Ben?

Snap some photos have a nice lunch and take in the place. It looks real cool
This is not just a fast afternoon drive. There is a 45 mph speed limit in the park, which is strictly enforced. The traffic around the lake in the summertime, not withstanding the gas prices, will be quite heavy. Dining possibilities are very limited. You're looking at at least a 5 hour drive from Seattle (in a Ferrari, plus 2 more for us mere mortals) just to get to the park entrance.

As Jason said there are some nice roads in that area. My recommendation would be to leave Friday evening, drive to Eugene for the night, hit the park and do the photo stuff Saturday, spend the night in Roseburg, and do some twisties on the way home on Sunday.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:08 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
After a closer read of your original post I guess this was an invitation for just Bruce and Ben. Oh well, I've been there a number of times already.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
nice Larry

Old 05-16-2008, 02:24 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Count me in though I would drive from Seattle.

Run for the BORDER!

Does that mean I have to buy Tacos?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful lake, drive and country - spectacular scenary. August is very nice and warm. You can go for a nice hike up the mountain at Crater Lake too. If you like to rough it, you can reserve a campsite or Yurt on the Roque River which is also really beautiful. I need to make a trip to Medford and Roseburg for business somewhere during that time (hotel and gas will be paid for by company) the beauty of my work, paid for road trips around the Pacific Northwest. Maybe I can hook up with you for at least a portion of the trip (business you know!)

Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
It's one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. However, seeing it by car is not the way to go, Bike (peddle kind) is the way to take it all in.

I'm TOTALLY down for a drive there, but we should make a weekend out of it, & maybe camp, or find a nice cabin to rent.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
first not planning on a speedy drive. I'm the slow one in the group

second larry it's open to all my first just suggested maybe we hit it on our trip to in and out this year to save the time down and back. bruce and ben were the originators of that deal

third i will want to snap some shots so those wanting to drive can go up and down i5 while we are there waiting for us

fourth greta is paying for all hotels and gas that is fantastic. sbux probably wouldn't notice the added expense, they are too busy making my coffee exactly the way i want it

fifth it think willcox md would be too much for jt to lift and carry maybe he could drive his own car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crater Lake Oregon