Little paint problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:23 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Little paint problem

My detailer (before he started polishing) showed me a 1" in diameter spot on the rear quarter panel of my car where the paint appears to have been completely eaten away (not the clear, the paint & clear). I have no idea what caused this, looks like it could be heat related (perhaps someone put out a cigar on my car?) Anyone have a recommendation for someone to touch-up / repair this section? It's really small but those are the things that REALLY annoy me when it comes to imperfections. Do the MirrorWorks guys do touch-ups?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:15 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
MW offers paint correction

Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Steve's custom cars in bellevue. He can spot respray areas like that with excellent color matching.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Grouse
Steve's custom cars in bellevue. He can spot respray areas like that with excellent color matching.

Good Call Aaron, a spot repair is the only way to patch repair something like this. Unfortunately it's not perfect forever. 3-4 years down the line, you will be able to tell that a spot repair has been done. The only way to properly repair is to send to a body shop and repaint that 1/4 panel.

John

Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 PM
niter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura about
I think they have a car bandaid in that size.

My only thought on how that could have happened is if the urethane had some type of grease on it prior to painting.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Where did you buy the car? Infiniti of Kirkland is amazing when it comes to customer service. See if you can work something out with them.., you never know.. it could be a flaw caused by the manufacturer. Talk to Linda.. say Bojan sent you. They fixed things for me even when I was out of warranty.. big ticket items. Did the same for a friend I sent to them.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
niter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura about
Wait... this is on your new G37 right? Im almost certain that paint is under warranty.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:28 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I think it should be. I am going to take it in next week to see what I can get them to do about it.