Got a New Sled: some E36 love

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Got a New Sled: some E36 love

This past weekend, I flew down to Oakland and picked up my new-to-me '98 M3 coupe, estoril blue, black leather, practically every option except the rear spoiler. Completely stock and in immaculate condition. I'll be using this as my daily and keeping the 964 as a weekend warrior.

The previous owner is a car dealer and this was his personal car. He mostly kept it at his 2nd home in Vancouver BC and put a total of about 3K miles on it over 4 years, 2K from driving it up and back from Canada. He sold it to make room in his garage for a '74 911 RS that just had a major restoration completed. Really great guy and true car enthusiast.

Only mods planned are upgrading to ZKW headlights with HIDs and maybe some Bilstein dampers and H&R springs to firm up the ride a bit. Enjoy the pics. Jim

Old 07-01-2008, 12:12 AM
audidriver18 is infamous around these parts
Hey nice ride I must say

Old 07-01-2008, 08:04 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
very nice!!! great pictures too! congrats! and it looks like you were enjoying yourself a nice inn n out burger! lol!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
nice find, looks well worth a drive to California to pick up that beauty.

John

Old 07-01-2008, 09:02 AM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful car!
Estoril on Black is not an easy find.

I've got an estoril m3 for the track: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=83927

Its more fun every day.

I'm definitely a fan of the no-spoiler look. It understates the car a bit and looks so damn clean.
Congrats!

Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Nice looking M3! I love the seats. The e36 m3 is something special for sure, perfect steering and just the right ammout of power to get in to trouble with. Congrats!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
congrats on the new car!! i have thought about one of those cars for a while! Would be a great car that you can drive, and take to the track.

You seemed to find a prefect one though! How many total miles on the car?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
Really nice! congrats!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brucem
congrats on the new car!! i have thought about one of those cars for a while! Would be a great car that you can drive, and take to the track.

You seemed to find a prefect one though! How many total miles on the car?
I actually considered getting a 135i and test drove one twice. Ultimately, I ended up with the E36 because it is so balanced, looks terrific, and easy to mod. Cheap too. The 135 is wicked fast, but the driving experience is still too detached for me. But the E36 fits like a glove every time I get in. It's almost uncanny. It's still an amazing car, even today.

The M3 had 108K miles on it when I picked it up, along with new tires and clutch. Otherwise, completely stock and very well maintained. Thanks for the compliments.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Evader is infamous around these parts
Estoril blue......my favorite color for that model run.

SWEET!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
almost to clean to use as a daily!

very nice

or use it up and put the LS1 conversion into it!
http://www.vorshlag.com/ls1bmw0.php

no affiliation... I just want one

Old 07-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Jim, that is clean! Good find! It's hard to leave BMW's behind!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:26 PM
cellg8 is infamous around these parts
Congrats, Jim! Wow..amazing mileage.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Jim, that is clean! Good find! It's hard to leave BMW's behind!
Yeah, they are difficult to resist. The M makes a great daily driver. I'd forgotten how smooth the E36 is to drive. And it makes me appreciate the 964 even more every time I hop in. I'm very fortunate to have both.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:24 AM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
siiiick!

Nice pick up, can't go wrong with estoril on black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a New Sled: some E36 love