80 arrested in Kent (WA) street racing raid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
dwnhillskater is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silversurfer
A) Nice soapbox, you build it yourself?

B) Speak for yourself and don't generalize. Just because you haven't been on a closed course, doesn't mean that "we" haven't. And, in my opinion, it is exactly that closed course experience that enables me to take calculated risks on the road. How many of these kids have ever been in a performance drivers school and would know what to do if (insert potentially tragic event here)?

C) Are you really trying to negate the risk of street racing by saying that smoking is bad for you? That's terrible logic Mitchel.

D) There is a blocked off street that is wholly dedicated to racing, it's called Pacific Raceways, there are high school drags all summer, shall I post up the address?
+1 Agreed.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
Most of the people there arent kids, they are like 20 year olds to 30 year olds

Are you kidding me 20 to 30 year olds are kids

Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atomic80
I still remember when I went to one of those things a while back. I'm not even sure why I went but I managed to get away when the cops came. I never went back again afterwards because it just wasn't worth it.
Every time I turn around Atomic is turning and running from the cops

Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by silversurfer
A) Nice soapbox, you build it yourself?

B) Speak for yourself and don't generalize. Just because you haven't been on a closed course, doesn't mean that "we" haven't. And, in my opinion, it is exactly that closed course experience that enables me to take calculated risks on the road. How many of these kids have ever been in a performance drivers school and would know what to do if (insert potentially tragic event here)?

C) Are you really trying to negate the risk of street racing by saying that smoking is bad for you? That's terrible logic Mitchel.

D) There is a blocked off street that is wholly dedicated to racing, it's called Pacific Raceways, there are high school drags all summer, shall I post up the address?
+1
Mitch your way off base. Spend the 3 nickels and run next to someone at Pac Raceways at the Friday night Drags. That's Safe

these are the same kids that want to race me all day long in there 5k Honda's.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PJS
For the record
I have never exceeeded the speed limit at a 6speed organized drive and I do not recall any one else exceeding the limit or driving in a fashion that was not in accordance to the local, regional, state and federal laws.

And I am not sure that this thread is about the 6speed community and I would ask that we keep it that way.

thank you very much.

Perfect little angel signing off
i just simply welded my shifter so it can't go to 3,4,5 and 6th gear..

Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Every time I turn around Atomic is turning and running from the cops
I'm leading those cops away from you guys. Isn't that my job?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
This brings up a phrase that I've heard a lot in the past. "Situational awareness". I've done my share of highway pulls but I knew my surroundings. Now for this scenario... Ok you're in kent. A city known for street races. So you decide to go on private property with 30 plus cars and 80 plus people. That won't be noticable. Just a total lack of common sense and situational awareness. Like forrest said stupid is as stupid does. And n this case stupid got locked up.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:32 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
This brings up a phrase that I've heard a lot in the past. "Situational awareness". I've done my share of highway pulls but I knew my surroundings. Now for this scenario... Ok you're in kent. A city known for street races. So you decide to go on private property with 30 plus cars and 80 plus people. That won't be noticable. Just a total lack of common sense and situational awareness. Like forrest said stupid is as stupid does. And n this case stupid got locked up.
welcome back... I agree with "situational awareness"

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Unless....

Are you kidding me 20 to 30 year olds are kids
+10??? ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless they're female.... in which case they're PERFECTLY legitimate and qualified as adults.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
+10??? ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless they're female.... in which case they're PERFECTLY legitimate and qualified as adults.
Let's not bring your hookers into this

Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Sub Prime Lending

Let's not bring your hookers into this
I believe they may have seen their fate at the hands of Jason and his foam gun.

On a separate note, you owe me some $$$ for those girls. You no pay and You no play.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 07-30-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
mitchelrl is infamous around these parts
Those who read this caught my drift. Don't be a hypocrite. You're lucky I like Mark otherwise I wouldn't be editing a damn thing.

Last edited by mitchelrl; 07-31-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
What or who exactly are you trying defend and offend here Mitchel?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Meh, you can edit your quote as I edited my post.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
What or who exactly are you trying defend and offend here Mitchel?
Hypocrisy (or being a hypocrite) is the act of pretending to oppose a belief or behaviour while holding the same beliefs or behaviours at the same time.

That's all I see in this thread. You can't talk down about one person's actions while actively do the same thing they do. I don't care what walk of life you come from.

Yes, I flew off the handle a little bit. But I don't like feeling chastized by hypocrites. It's a very easy way to set me off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 80 arrested in Kent (WA) street racing raid