Great PCA DE Day Last Thursday!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
RennLife is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Great PCA DE Day Last Thursday!

All -

Here’s a quick endorsement to the local PCA for putting on a great DE Day last Thursday at Pacific Raceway (this was my 1st event with PCA and at Pacific) … 113 participants in total, and no problems with traffic out on the course (at least in my group) … there were 4 groups, with each getting 4 lap sessions of 25 minutes each … in total, we had 100 minutes on the track … it doesn’t seem like a lot, but for novices, it’s the right amount to get acquainted with the track and not get in too much trouble …

For anyone looking to experience some time of the track, I’d recommend this in conjunction with time with Proformance, Prodrive, and other DE days … the 2 hour ground school could probably be shortened to 1 hour and be done the day of the event, but all in all, it was informative … For anyone who must go through the Novice class or is looking to do a “check ride” or just wants another set of eyes in the car, I strongly recommend asking for Jeff Barstow (silver GT3 owner) to be your instructor ... this event was the 1st time I met Jeff; he was a great instructor and someone who knows how to ring out a hot lap at Pacific in a GT3 ...

Speaking of hop laps, my track day car’s virgin trip out on Pacific was much better than expected … I have to thanks Colin and Brandon (Cantrell Motorsports) for working on the right suspension specs for the day … after 2 laps with Jeff showing the “school line”, it was my turn to feel the thrill … to summarize the 1st session, we lapped the entire field and I was quickly getting comfortable with the brakes, shift points, etc. The 2nd session was cut short after only 1 lap due to a red flag incident by a 993, so not much fun there … the 3rd session was where Jeff and I had some real fun .. .after lapping the field, we spent the rest of the session working on a modified “school / race line” which resulted in a further lapping of the field twice.

here are 2 pics for the event ... my C2S right before burning up the track for the 1st time and another of some of the field of 113 participants …

Overall assessment = I’ll be doing more of these PCA track days … although not the best $$/track time ratio, the ability to have a variety of instructors ride along for guidance was invaluable … as for Pacific, the track surface could be better, but it isn’t the worst I’ve raced on … the run off areas could be bigger / safer, but they are adequate … I’m looking forward to more laps on Pacific, particularly after I install a data acquisition system …

See you at the track … (Pacific, Portland, and Spokane)

Attached Images   
Old 08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
ef996TT is infamous around these parts
Jeff is a great guy!!!and a very good instructor and driver.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
very cool derek! sounds like you and i had an educational weekend! me at pca autox school and you at DE! todd really wants to sign up for proformance school as well. if he does, i'll shoot you an email and maybe you guys can make it out together!

ps...great pics of your car! (is the wing new? i don't recall seeing on before?)

Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Love those Fikse wheels.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:44 PM
RennLife is infamous around these parts
Wheels are actually BBS Motorsport Monoblock Magnesiums RE794 front and RE795 rear (made for ALMS but now discontinued) ... 18x9 front / 18x 11 rear ... only 16 lbs (without tires) even with gunmetal powder coat ... clad with Hoosier R6's

if anyone sees another set of these BBS' for sale, please let me know ... I have a set of R6 rains that need to be mounted ...