data logger choices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
data logger choices?

Okay -- without doing a huge search and wading through a million threads...

what are my data logger choices?

Traqmate - $1k
V-box -$500

I think Mark told me about one that is made locally -- am I making this up?

I do not need a super computer with a trackside beacon... just a gps based one that is easy to use.

links or names to others would be helpful... thanks

Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
bump

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
have no clue what you are talking about

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Check this one out for the iPhone. I read a review (can't find it now) that said it is a ***** to set up but it is very accurate.

http://gizmodo.com/5030749/iphone-ap...formance-meter

Old 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I have an almost new AX22 GPS datalogger for you for half price. $400 OBO.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by gretapass
have no clue what you are talking about
GPS based lap timer for track

Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I have an almost new AX22 GPS datalogger for you for half price. $400 OBO.
what makes it the "one"?

does it require external antenna?

How is it powered?

Their website sucks for details... as does traqmates...

Is this better than v-box?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I would see who is using what out at the track & ask them what they think of it.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
PJS
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
I would see who is using what out at the track & ask them what they think of it.
man why didn't I think of that...

of course... I have done that... and traqmate seems to be the most popular for some reason. I cannot figure out why... it is double the price of some others etc..

Another guy is using the vbox and is very happy with it and he is not having to use an external antenna.

I was curious what some of the 6speeders thought as I know Mark knows a lot about this and Vincent as well...

Knowing Vincent, he has already done all the home work and his AX22 is probably the same one that Ferrari's F1 team uses etc

What I am looking to find out is what are all the options and why did someone pick one over the other...

Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
man why didn't I think of that...

of course... I have done that... and traqmate seems to be the most popular for some reason. I cannot figure out why... it is double the price of some others etc..
What I am looking to find out is what are all the options and why did someone pick one over the other...

LOL, I just use a G-Tech Pro, & download it to my laptop, it's ghetto, but cheap.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
PJ

I have done my homework over the years. As you already know people will recommend you what they have and not what they don't have. I bought the Performance Box and AX22 simply because of their software and reputation of the company which is the best in the game. The PB is easy to use but the applications is limited mainly for the streets. The AX 22 is more than just a measuring unit. The software is best for the track. It is very analytical and is a great learning tools for drivers and cars.
Here's a great thread on RL..

Download the software and see for yourself SOFTWARE

Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by vincentdds
PJ

I have done my homework over the years. As you already know people will recommend you what they have and not what they don't have. I bought the Performance Box and AX22 simply because of their software and reputation of the company which is the best in the game. The PB is easy to use but the applications is limited mainly for the streets. The AX 22 is more than just a measuring unit. The software is best for the track. It is very analytical and is a great learning tools for drivers and cars.
Here's a great thread on RL..

Download the software and see for yourself SOFTWARE
I just sent you an email with some questions -- thanks

Old 08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
pj wasn't garee selling one a while ago??

Old 08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Vette&CobraGuy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Check this one out for the iPhone. I read a review (can't find it now) that said it is a ***** to set up but it is very accurate.

http://gizmodo.com/5030749/iphone-ap...formance-meter
That settles it! I need to get the iPhone and get rid of the blackberry If this software is any where close to being accurate that's pretty cool coming from a phone

Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by PJS
I just sent you an email with some questions -- thanks
VINCENT -- did you get my email?
your yahoo address...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: data logger choices?