Pictures of my new Ferrari F430 Spider !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
looks fantastic. congrats

Old 08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
R8>F599>Lambo SL> Callaway>>>>SLR (the worst car ever)
Vincent -- your R8 awaits
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/22...di-r8-gt3.html

Old 08-29-2008, 10:38 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I think Vince would be better served with an AWD R8. The GT3 version is RWD only and probably might not even be street legal.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
I think Vince would be better served with an AWD R8. The GT3 version is RWD only and probably might not even be street legal.
vincent has enough street legal cars...

Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80

You're absolutely right about that. There's no way it will be street legal.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
It'd really be nice if it was street legal but then it'd have to be raised, etc. I love the way it looks! Easily one of the coolest looking cars I've ever seen!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with that for sure, Jason. If the R8 didn't have a markup (currently they're upwards of $150-160k, it would definitely be a good buy for the money (at around $120k I'd say its a good deal).

Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 AM
If you look around long enough you can easily find one at MSRP or just wait a few years to get one. Initially I thought that it'd be better to get one with a V10 or even the rumored V12 TDI version but then I realized that the V8 version is probably the best version because its the most balanced.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM
^^ That is true. Still, I don't know if I would take an R8 over the 997TT, that would be a very difficult choice to make. Especially knowing the historic depreciation of Audi's.

This thread makes me want to do that driving experience VIncent was a part of.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
When someone finds this color combination I'll be thrilled.

In the meantime, the black section (normally covers 33% of the side of the car vs the photo below) plus the door handles sort of remind me of a 350Z. The sound absolutely cannot be beat, but it's a car that needs some finish work in terms of paint scheme immediately after purchase. Regarding 4WD is there a possibility of disconnecting the front differential in the same way people modify their 996TT's?

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 08-29-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know about that. I recently drove a 996TT with the AWD system removed and it felt "jittery" and definitely not anywhere as confidence inspiring as it would have felt previously with the AWD system still engaged. Maybe it just needed an alignment.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
some thread yesterday guys were talking about a car being available msrp in chicago or somewhere by october. the r8's are dropping and will continue with all cars

Old 08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
BiggerApe is infamous around these parts
Congrats William- now I'll REALLY have to try and run you off the road

Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, I only speak from personal experience. The R8 is one of those car you have to drive it to believe it. It's neither flashy in appearance nor does it have huge hp on paper. But for $130K the car is a complete package of out the box.There 's reason for the initial $50K mark up on this Audi . However you can now easily get it for MSRP. Before you judge please go drive one!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:53 PM
^^ That's exactly why I said I want to do that driving experience thing. Do you think its worth the money after being a part of it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my new Ferrari F430 Spider !