A Harrowing Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:20 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Greta,

If you have J's email address than I'd suggest sending him an email. If not then I'll be happy to give it to you. He drives his 997TT all year around and swaps his summer tires for winter tires during the colder climates. I know because he stores them in my garage when they're not in use. He'd be a good person to ask about how these winter tires perform in the snow/ice/rain.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Wtf~e

Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Some lesson's learned: Never travel in remote locations without being accompanied by another car. I was fortunate to have Steve in his mothership 7451L. Although in this instance he was only able to provide moral support it was never-the-less comforting to know I had someone who could take me home if all else failed. We had been traveling in very remote areas at least 75 miles from the nearest cell tower, and it's scary to think of the consequences if this flat had occurred out by Hell's Canyon.

Realize that with a AWD car you can't drive it (Porsche Roadside Assistance Technical Adviser) with mismatched tires, so you'll need two spares if your tire repair kit supplied with the car doesn't work.

Current flatbed tow trucks can't get a car like a Porsche on it without causing some damage if a flat tire is involved.
Jason has been on more long drives for the pure personal pleasure of his 997 than anyone I know.

No "advice" to be given here.

Jason, much beer in celebration of yet another of life's journeys.

Will be @ concoure with TWO sons tomorrow.

I hope to see you.

SY