want to turbo my boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
IMO the biggest problem one will run into with turbocharging a 986 is the placement of the turbo. There is no good spot to put the turbo, so some of these kits (like one ive seen on a 987) place the unit soo far away on the exhaust. Its just not good turbo fundamentals, the farther away the turbo is the more lagg shes gonna suffer, your almost out of revs by the time shes finaly boosting. Plus all that plumbing turns it into a service nightmare. Why not a supercharger?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:26 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
well ive been PM'ing josh back and forth and we have talked about him selling his motor to me since hes going with the 3.6 motor.. we also came up with a price range that he's looking to get for his 3.2 and its very reasonable and still in my price range.. i still have to see how much labor would be to pull my motor and then installing his.. his motors been running with the SC. would there be any worries/headaches if i purchased his motor and ran it without the SC kit on it anymore?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
whatever you do just make sure your realize every nickel you spend will be gone. you will not get one penny more for the car modded in fact you will have a smaller market to sell to and most likely pull less money out of the car than stock.....

also if you do it use a pro don't do it on your own. most won't look at a car with mods without a box of receipts.

money better spent would be track days or auto x to actually learn how to drive it. they are a good car and can create good fun just like the engineers made them....

just my 2 cents

Old 10-16-2008, 08:54 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
money better spent would be track days or auto x to actually learn how to drive it. they are a good car and can create good fun just like the engineers made them....

just my 2 cents
Add my 2 cents to that too and we've got 4 cents.

Seriously aside, I have to agree with Mark here. I've spent a small fortune on driving schools and they've been worth every penny to me. In fact, the only major modifications that I've made to my car was to the suspension system. Granted my car is already very fast but what good is all that power if you don't know how to use it properly. Yeah, those of you that came on the Ice Cream run will argue with that but hey, I didn't crash now did I? I can thank the lessons learned from my driving schools and my own experiences on the back roads.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:36 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
whatever you do just make sure your realize every nickel you spend will be gone. you will not get one penny more for the car modded in fact you will have a smaller market to sell to and most likely pull less money out of the car than stock.....

also if you do it use a pro don't do it on your own. most won't look at a car with mods without a box of receipts.

just my 2 cents
I'll second that motion. My experience came from over modifying an M3. Even with a ton of receipts the market for getting rid of it was pretty thin.

Driving schools are a better entertainment value and you might learn something in the process.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Outlaw is infamous around these parts
grow up and get a 911

Old 10-17-2008, 12:39 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Outlaw
grow up and get a 911
That's helpful advice.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 AM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
grow up and get a 911?

haha i could have gotten but i wanted a convertible.. taking driving school wouldnt be such a bad idea.. my boxster is not my only car.. i have 4 other cars aside of it and there all slightly modded... of course nothing near the ones you guys have.. im just a 23 year old that works hard for his money and trying to learn more about p-cars cause ill eventually upgrade! if not ill tune the boxster as much as i can..

im pretty much just like the rest of you guys on here! im trying to have my 97 boxster as my "MAIN" tuner car, 06 E350 as my grocery getter, a 99 turbo integra as a side project, last but not least a 96 civic hatchback as my gas saver!

i guess if i sold all my cars i could probably go down on something quicker or a "REAL" car but hey theres no fun in just owning 1 car.. im sure you guys know where im coming from on that one.

thanks for some of the advice guys.. im just gonna completely disregard Outlaws post..

Old 10-17-2008, 08:04 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^good idea on disregarding outlaws post. that alone shows maturity on your end. i think there is nothing wrong with exploring the world of modifications. like mark mentioned, you certainly don't get squat back from them when you go to sell it though. but as long as you've had them done and done right and you enjoy it, all the power to you. and of course, as the guys mentioned above, driving schools, driving skills, autox, all of the above are always a great idea. you get to really, really enjoy all of the features that the boxster came with. you'd be amazed at what they can make that thing do when a person that really knows how to handle it gets behind the wheel. i'm always amazed and i laughhhh and go "wow! i didn't know she could do that!". they teach you some great techniques to utilize the features they have.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
grow up and get a 911
Looks like Outlaw needs to do a little growing up. Little does he realize that the Boxster actually is a much better handling car than the 911. Oh wait, he was probably thinking of the power.

Just remember, that any fool can go fast in a straight line but it's the real driver that can TURN faster.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
grow up and get a 911
Coming from him, this was a total joke.

Originally Posted by atomic80
Looks like Outlaw needs to do a little growing up. Little does he realize that the Boxster actually is a much better handling car than the 911. Oh wait, he was probably thinking of the power.

Just remember, that any fool can go fast in a straight line but it's the real driver that can TURN faster.
I think he knows what the Boxster is capable of. He has worked on some of the best track cars out there.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by David_J
I think he knows what the Boxster is capable of. He has worked on some of the best track cars out there.
I was using a little bit of sarcasm here.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:29 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I was using a little bit of sarcasm here.
I figured you were.

I just don't want people to think that Michael (Outlaw) was being negative. He's just a smartass.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
grow up and get a 911
Speak to yourself.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:03 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Little does he realize that the Boxster actually is a much better handling car than the 911. .
What have you been smoking I may want some.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: want to turbo my boxster