want to turbo my boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
^^^ that's sweet! Thanks for the kind words.

There is something classic about a silver roadster, eh?

If only I were man enough for pink calipers.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
ahh jeff, my man. you could pull off the pink calipers. although, i'd cry because then we'd both have a silver go-kart with pinkies! why don't you go ahead and sport some lavendar ones??? wink*

Old 04-05-2009, 11:49 AM
poor-sha is infamous around these parts
Funny, I stumbled across this thread looking for info on rear bumpers without warts. Some kind person hit and ran on my 986 S in a parking lot so now I need to replace the rear bumper cover anyway.

I have an '03 Boxster S that Roock put a 997 Carrera S motor in (3.8L). He called it the RSB 370 but otherwise it's stock. While it was a huge ordeal getting that motor to work in a 986 I have to say it was well worth it. Between the huge torque increase from the bigger motor and the sound with headers and race cats it's one of my favorite cars to drive on a nice day. In fact for the past year it's been my daily driver and has been a blast except for the fact that it's tough to take coworkers to lunch when you only have two seats.

On the topic of why buy more than one perfect car, my two cents is that there is no car that is perfect for everything and if you are blessed enough to afford it you should get the perfect cars for your purposes. The Boxster with the 3.8 is my favorite car to go drive on a twisty road with the top down on a nice day. My Z06 is totally impractical (600 HP and tall gearing) on the street but a real beast on the track. I have a dually pickup for towing and family trips and a CTS-V on order for daily driving because it's quite inside and has room for four comfortably. All have unique strengths a no car does it all perfectly. So as much as I would love a Ferrari F430 and probably could have bought one for all the money I spent on other cars in the end that one car would never be ideal for all purposes.

I see a lot of Redmond area folks (guess this is because it's the NW area forum ). I get out to campus pretty regularly - PM me if you're interested in meeting for lunch some time when I'm in the area.

Now back to looking at rear bumpers...

Old 04-05-2009, 01:19 PM
xpikenz is infamous around these parts
hey poor-sha.. what color is your 986 s? i have a stock boxster non S rear bumper thats artic silver if your interested..

its been 5 month since this threads been up and i recently bought myself a 04 merecedes SL500 and i actually bought the SL500 by trading in one of my "POS" honda and got 14k for it at the dealership.. lol ive had the SL500 for maybe 3 months now and this is what it looks like..

so buying and selling honda's is still working out very well for me.. i still have 3 other POS waiting to be sold so i can work my way up to a F430 SCUD one day!

Old 04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
poor-sha is infamous around these parts
Thanks xpikenz. Mine is Lapis Blue. It's not a huge amount of damage to the bumper cover so I could have it fixed, but I've always hated the bum warts on this car.

Oh - and congrats on the merc. If there's one good thing about the current economy it's that if you have money to buy there are some real deals to be had

Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
that SL looks great!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 AM
thanks bruce! i never got to follow through with the facelift on the boxster since it got flooded by the rain storm..

ill eventually find some extra funds to get her back on the road though.. until then the SL is my main projects and im already running into electronical issues with that car aswell..

Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
that is what I have heard about the older SL.. what year is your car?

Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 AM
its an 03 with 42k miles on it.. have 3 main warning lights after purchasing the car when it all checked out pretty good the day i bought it..

battery pic: electric consumer offline!
brake fluid below minimal level : brake fluids full and everything checks out to be normal - this comes on and off when it wants to.. doesnt stay on all the time!
SOS warning light keeps flashing every 5 minutes

Old 04-07-2009, 03:55 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
If I were you I would look for a warranty that covers electronics or sell the car. My '03 W211 (leased new in '02) was the worst POS ever.

IIRC even the M-B Starmark extended warranty doesn't cover electronics.

That year was probably the absolute low point for M-B "quality".

Hopefully replacing the battery (both if your car has two) and resetting everything will fix your problems.

If not - I wish you luck.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
thanks lig.. the car seems to only act up on sundays! haha every other day it runs and starts up fine without any problems. as of right now its only showing the SOS malfuntion..

it died out on me 3 sundays back to back now! it starts up just fine the next day after charging the battery for awhile.. ive been reading up quite a bit on this car and overall it sounds like a big piece of junk..

ill keep at it a little longer and see how it goes and if all fails i guess im gonna have to let her go and move on to a bigger and better project.. maybe like a KIA SORENTO and get a RIO for free! LOL atleast those 2 cars will have warrantys!

Old 04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
lig
I've seen you a couple of times in S. Seattle. I may have been looking a little funny at your car since my brother has a black SL500 that is lowered and tinted. His is an '04 with HRE 20's.

He has had a few electronic issues as well but the '04s are supposed to be better. I know for sure that the W211 '04+ models are less troublesome than the '03s.

You'll have some serious warranties on the Kias!!!