Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
It's 30" off back patio. Only like 80" for the entire year have fallen in the Valley. It's just always cold so it doesn't melt much.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:46 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Just had a great day skiing at Crystal and thought I'd share the video
POV skiing

Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by atomic80
Just had a great day skiing at Crystal and thought I'd share the video
POV skiing
Nice video - great looking old school skiier!! The new guys just dont keep the skis together or reach fro those pole plants! - That lift line sucked though man, how did you handle it (DAMN, I knew I should have gone up!)
Ed

Old 02-26-2009, 08:16 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
HEY! Who you calling old school?!? Funny thing is when the conditions are tight like that, I ski "old school" but on groomed or open field runs, I ski using the new style. Go figure! Going again today...will try to get more videos up.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:17 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
LOL - have fun, kids just had school closed, might head up myself!! take care

Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
HEY! Who you calling old school?!? Funny thing is when the conditions are tight like that, I ski "old school" but on groomed or open field runs, I ski using the new style. Go figure! Going again today...will try to get more videos up.
have fun skiing today you guys! stay warm!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ivangene
Nice video - great looking old school skiier!! The new guys just dont keep the skis together or reach fro those pole plants! - That lift line sucked though man, how did you handle it (DAMN, I knew I should have gone up!)
Ed

lol I've been telling JT he's gotta change it up. He's too young to ski like my dad

His defense he can ski fast and keep up with me and my buddies so he's welcome all day long in my group and they don't allow many in.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i've gotta ask.....(especially since i haven't beeing skiing in years)....

what is the "old school" style vs the current style? is it just how close the skis stay together? isn't todd an old schooler? he said he learned in the 60's with bamboo poles! hehehe! i just look like a spaz when i go.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
i've gotta ask.....(especially since i haven't beeing skiing in years)....

what is the "old school" style vs the current style? is it just how close the skis stay together? isn't todd an old schooler? he said he learned in the 60's with bamboo poles! hehehe! i just look like a spaz when i go.
Todd's gotta old school high school approach so yep. But we love his poles flying around like the ***** on the end of his 80's style hat.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Does this mean my skiis with ankle safety straps on the bindings are old school too? Any my lace up boots and poles with 8" baskets? I'll save the outfit description for another time

Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
The one time I went skiing I looked like a small snow ball being rolled down hill from 25k ft.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by gretapass
Does this mean my skiis with ankle safety straps on the bindings are old school too? Any my lace up boots and poles with 8" baskets? I'll save the outfit description for another time
OUCH... NO I have NEON though ... (j/k)

Went up yesterday with my son who is 9 on his second year of skiing. We went to the scummit and skiied silver fir all day... he is doing awesome, snow was beautiful, temp was 22 on top and the wind was a biach!! about 30 mph if I had to guess! once you got off the crest it want bad though....
Love those "hookie" days!
I layed down some "old man" turn and had them looking...NOT LAUGHING! (I think)

Old 02-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by ivangene
OUCH... NO I have NEON though ... (j/k)

Went up yesterday with my son who is 9 on his second year of skiing. We went to the scummit and skiied silver fir all day... he is doing awesome, snow was beautiful, temp was 22 on top and the wind was a biach!! about 30 mph if I had to guess! once you got off the crest it want bad though....
Love those "hookie" days!
I layed down some "old man" turn and had them looking...NOT LAUGHING! (I think)
You were at the Summit? I was just a stone's throw away from you two over at Alpental doing some more "old school" stuff. The snow conditions up there was the best I'd ever experienced at Alpental ever! 12 degrees on top with very little wind (probably because of the surrounding peaks providing protection) and EPIC EPIC EPIC powder conditions! Lots of places had over 15" of fresh powder!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Yea, my little guy loves Alpental too, (express chair) I have been waiting for a day to take him up top, but I still have some issues with that first drop into upper international with him (in my mind)
It was great out, funny it was so windy at the scummit... must have been coming up from the west and Alpental was blocked like you say...
Awesome!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:06 AM
^^my hubby is walking like he ran a 500 mile marathon after skiing at alpental yesterday. poor guy needed a tube of icy-hot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow