Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
On the news tonight they interviewed the ski area owners.... they said not to worry yet. Although some years they open by Thanksgiving, a December opening is typical and things could change very quickly any day now! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:57 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
omfg where is the snow? 0" at Crystal. It's December I think. 11" Sun Valley and 8" Bachelor. I think it's time to get the boat out of storage again.

I blame Atomic for buying that new snow machine

Old 12-06-2008, 09:47 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
How about a trip to Whistler -Blackcomb Mark? I think they are open aren't they - they make snow up there - only a 5 hour beautiful drive! Take a weekend and get away.

Our local passes do look very bare and dry.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:30 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
omfg where is the snow? 0" at Crystal. It's December I think. 11" Sun Valley and 8" Bachelor. I think it's time to get the boat out of storage again.

I blame Atomic for buying that new snow machine
I thought you got rid of your skis, so what do you care? Just blowin' smoke I guess.

BTW Aspen/Snowmass are open for business and have plenty of snow.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
It is snowing at Stevens! This is the week - a dump is coming.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:05 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I'd rather not ski than ski Colorado.

5 hour drive isn't worth it as well right now. I'm practicing patience

Old 12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
YaHOOOO

it's close i can taste it.

http://www.skicrystal.com/The-Mountain/Webcams

Old 12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Who needs patience when you got cash. I am surprised the Sultan of Gig Harbor don't travel via private jets or helicopter.
no place to land jet at whistler "sultan of Bonney Lake"

Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-09-2008, 09:01 PM
According to Jean Enerson, Crystal opens Saturday!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Mark, are you ready to hit the slopes?

Old 12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
website says 8" at the base and they are hoping for 8" more before they open limited runs. No thanks on my skiis. I'll wait for real snow amounts.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok so the season officially started today. a few of us dug out the gear for "the best opening day i've had in 36 years of skiing"

Todd, Jason and I with a few of my friends made a handful of turns and no one ended up anything but a little tired.

rumor had it Josh showed from his phone calls but we had a tough time waiting at the top of the hill for more than 30 seconds. Sorry Josh we missed ya.

8" new snow overnight and over 18" in past 24 hours not to mention the 5" plus that fell today meant we had some great times and lot's of fun times.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:56 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
What a great way to start off a season! Mark, Todd and I had been talking about going skiing if Crystal got enough snow. Well, that definitely came down in spades. I went snowmobiling the day before to break in my new snowmobile:

So I was able to report to Mark that there was good snow coming down. We all made the decision to go to Crystal the following day. That turned out to be a great day for all of us. I didn't fall at all except for that one time when Mark made a run for me while I was videotaping him. I'll post that soon but here are the pictures.

On the way up, you could see the blue in the sky.

Roads were like this for most of the journey even starting from Bellevue!

Todd and Jason at the top waiting for Mark and company

The sun could barely be seen

Mark putting his camera away..check out his funky outfit

Maybe Todd's is just as funky too?

Waiting at the top

At lunchtime

Heading up High Campbell for some powder runs!

Last edited by atomic80; 10-28-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Snow everywhere

Mark trying to call Josh

Todd at near the end of the day

Todd's cool Vehicross. He had a blast driving it up

These guys were a great bunch to ski with! We enjoyed the fresh powder all day. Josh even made it up later in the day for a few runs. I look forward to going again soon!

Last edited by atomic80; 12-18-2008 at 11:27 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow